VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

BlackBerry Pearl Works with BlueTooth in my '07 S4, Initial Probs with '07 2.0T S-line

22K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  vwracin86 
#1 ·
I just upgraded my phone to the BlackBerry Pearl. The phone is sweet and nowhere near as clunky as old BlackBerries that I never bothered to pick up.
Anyway, when the phone arrived I had a 2.0T S-line on loan from VW. I initially had problems getting the phone to even recognize the Audi had Bluetooth. I had no luck on the first try and tried again the next day. The second time it worked. I'm not sure what the difference was.
Last week my new S4 arrived and I tried to connect with that car. The second time around I had no problems.
It doesn't do full integration though. Whereas my old Sony Ericsson would include my directory and most recent calls in the memory section, I can now at least access my directory though the most recent call listing is inaccessible.

#2 ·
Re: BlackBerry Pearl Works with BlueTooth in my '07 S4, Initia ... (George@Fourtitude)

What firmware are you running on your BB Pearl? i've got the Telefonica firmware on my T-Mo pearl and it pairs with both my B7 A4 and Q7 without any issues. i don't have any options for recent calls/dialed calls on my A4 (no nav), but those features appear and work flawlessly on my Q7

#4 ·
Re: BlackBerry Pearl Works with BlueTooth in my '07 S4, Initia ... (George@Fourtitude)

Quote, originally posted by George@Fourtitude »
My carrier is Cingular. I'm not sure beyond that on specific firmware.

You're most likely running 4.2.0.71 (Options --> About, listed under "Platform). I've exchanged emails with another person who's also using .71 and who's phone will not stay connected to his Q7's MMI system for more than ~10-30 seconds at a time.
My phone originally came with 4.2.0.42, but I have since upgraded it to the Telefonica version (.68). If you don't use PTT, downgrading to .68 to see if it clears up your issue is a fairly easy (and reversible) process

#5 ·
Re: BlackBerry Pearl Works with BlueTooth in my '07 S4, Initia ... (mml7)

Our company got PTT, but we don't really use it, so maybe I'll do that. Thanks for the input. Although, I'm not having connectivity problems anymore. Once I got them to sync up the first time, it's no problem. My problem is simply accessing my recent call memory.

#6 ·

hey guys i'm usin the at&t pearl on my 07 a3 sline and cant get it to connect. i have the .078 version. but you were talkin about gettin older softwear on it how would i do that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.