VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Eurospec 8v head rollcall... post if you have one thx...

77K views 183 replies 54 participants last post by  Campbell 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,
Have/running a Eurospec head? Post up please!
best regards,
Peter T.
Current List of Eurospec Head owners:
Atoson
85spraybomb
voxwagen88
bahnblitz
avwg60
Andrew Stauffer
Peter Tong
MkIIRoc
Stock77
vwpieces
kenney83
Rage In The Machines
vwsnaps
gamblinfool
Prof315
chrisbmx68
victoreyestkt
Tinter
unconfirmed:
81dragrabbit1
honorary member with standard non custom cast rebuilt Eurospec head

dennis2society
bvillelounge
upoo2
MarkOne

See less See more
#106 ·
Re: Eurospec 8v head rollcall... post if you have one thx... (Peter Tong)

Quote, originally posted by Peter Tong »
Hi Folks,
Have/running a Eurospec head? Post up please!

im 86.568999% positive that ive got one.. its at the machinist's right now, im having the internals removed and replaced into another 8v head.. when i get it back ill post up the results & verdict.
EDIT: page 4 is under control

#107 ·

Bumpin it up!
Peter, any flow #'s on the 42.5/36mm valves? Using 7 or 8mm stems? Whos doing the work? I'd like to upgrade mine as well to take advantage of the massive sized ports.

I'm currently tearing my motor down and its getting poked and stroked to 2.2L, all ES goodies I finally get to put to use.

#108 ·
Re: Eurospec 8v head rollcall... post if you have one thx... (GLi_Luva)

Collin the old school VW wiz

7mm stems... my spare 42/35 head flowed 182 cfm with 8mm stems... As soon as I get the head back I'll have it flowed on the same flow bench for comparison purposes... I've also got the flow #s prior to the upgrade as well...
I'll also be reflowing my custom counterflow intake manifold with the upgraded head as well...
Nice to see another old school Eurospec head being put to good use

Peter
Quote, originally posted by GLi_Luva »
Bumpin it up!
Peter, any flow #'s on the 42.5/36mm valves? Using 7 or 8mm stems? Whos doing the work? I'd like to upgrade mine as well to take advantage of the massive sized ports.

I'm currently tearing my motor down and its getting poked and stroked to 2.2L, all ES goodies I finally get to put to use.

#111 ·

Under wraps until Andrew drags it

PS: a 2.2 counterflow 8v is going to rock

I sure hope so.
Should be fun watching peoples faces in the rear view when a "girly" Cabby blows their doors off.

Oh, and I can still say "yeah, its just a 8V".

Modified by GLi_Luva at 1:40 PM 7-25-2008

#112 ·

Oh I know how that feels
A high power Cabby = ultimate sleeper

I sure hope so.
Should be fun watching peoples faces in the rear view when a "girly" Cabby blows their doors off.

Oh, and I can still say "yeah, its just a 8V".

Modified by GLi_Luva at 1:40 PM 7-25-2008

#113 ·

I think I have been on this list since day one. Had the head for about 5 years & finally getting it bolted to an engine. Stock JH valve size on mine. I did the head rebuild myself, new guides & cut the seats. Nothing special in the way of making it better. I also match ported the intake myself.

Done...

Intake

#115 ·

Well it looks like I'll get my upgraded 42/35 Eurospec head back soon folks... pics and flow bench results when I have them

Modified by Peter Tong at 1:12 PM 8-22-2008

Ah man, just HAD to raise my anxiety level now, DIDN'T ya.

#116 ·

Well sorry

Actually I've heard rumours of the 42/35 Eurospec heads hitting 197cfm or thereabouts... so I'd like to actually flow mine (when it gets back) to put my own curiousity to rest.
My spare 42/35 solid lifter JH hand ported head (182cfm) had ports so hogged out that there was less than .2mm or so between the ports and the head bolt passages.

#117 ·

Well sorry

Actually I've heard rumours of the 42/35 Eurospec heads hitting 197cfm or thereabouts... so I'd like to actually flow mine (when it gets back) to put my own curiousity to rest.
My spare 42/35 solid lifter JH hand ported head (182cfm) had ports so hogged out that there was less than .2mm or so between the ports and the head bolt passages.

Can't wait to see the #'s! What max lift are you having the head flowed to? Did you do any additional port work, or is it "as cast"?

#118 ·

.55". As cast but with larger valves... new seats, etc...

Can't wait to see the #'s! What max lift are you having the head flowed to? Did you do any additional port work, or is it "as cast"?

#119 ·

Hi Folks,
I'll have my head back this coming week but in the meantime thought i'd post some pics of a Eurospec head illustrating some differences between the Eurospec heads and the stockers... and the newer style 42/35 valves... that Andrew S and myself had our heads upgraded to...
35mm exhausts with 7mm stems, 42mm backcut intakes w 7mm stems, undercut down to about 6.5mm... all I can say is that these should really rock

Filled in Lifter "galley":

Can these heads hit 190-200 cfm? Should be interesting to see what the #s are.

#121 ·
Re: (MkIIRoc)

hi Kris,
I don't think 200 cfm with the stock Eurospec ports is possible... it does beat out my ported to the hilt 42/35 spare head though... the figures for that are up there, but are with the valve guide completely ground away...
As you can see there is a bit of a gain from the backcut on the spare head...

#123 ·

160cfm at .4", 170 cfm at .45", and 176 cfm at .5" is still nothing to sneeze at... about a 35% gain in flow over the stocker JH head at .4" lift...
I can say though that the original low lift #s in the EC Eurospec head article appear to be bogus...

#124 ·
Re: (Peter Tong)

Is this the same outfit?
cuz this is where I got my europspec hydro heads/G grind & Tall gear/transmission from......and they're nearby......

http://www.eurospecsport.com/p...s.htm
http://www.eurospecsport.com/p...s.htm
Engine pic when it arrive at my house a couple of years ago.......

Love it! It has a great powerband when going up them hills.

Modified by dennis2society at 11:11 PM 1-20-2009

#125 ·
Re: (dennis2society)

Same company, but the link you provided is for the standard rebuilt heads. The performance heads varied in price with the race heads around $3500 or so.
This weekend during my rebuild, I found I mis-measured when I first bought my head. I have 36mm exhaust valves in mine.

#126 ·

Quote, originally posted by MkIIRoc »
Same company, but the link you provided is for the standard rebuilt heads. The performance heads varied in price with the race heads around $3500 or so.

.....man even with the standard hydro head which I got with a G grind/adj cam, I still got my moneyz worth, since in my opinion gave better performance than the oe mechanical head. which cracked between the valves with a mileage of 280k......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.