VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Eurospec 8v head rollcall... post if you have one thx...

77K views 183 replies 54 participants last post by  Campbell 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,
Have/running a Eurospec head? Post up please!
best regards,
Peter T.
Current List of Eurospec Head owners:
Atoson
85spraybomb
voxwagen88
bahnblitz
avwg60
Andrew Stauffer
Peter Tong
MkIIRoc
Stock77
vwpieces
kenney83
Rage In The Machines
vwsnaps
gamblinfool
Prof315
chrisbmx68
victoreyestkt
Tinter
unconfirmed:
81dragrabbit1
honorary member with standard non custom cast rebuilt Eurospec head

dennis2society
bvillelounge
upoo2
MarkOne

See less See more
#77 ·
Re: (Peter Tong)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh peter thats what i base my porting on!!! damn man i was so disapointed with the euro spec i sold it for 300 and ran faster times with my own worked head the price to perfomance gain is not worth it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif for eurospec

Modified by hondaproof at 8:33 PM 9-9-2007

#82 ·
Re: (hondaproof)

I wouldn't be pissed about auto parts LOL...
Whoever bought it off you got a steal though.
Out of the box it flows quite decently. I haven't heard of many 40/33 heads flowing that much more... perhaps 5-10 cfm more max with the stock valve sizes on some of the hand ported heads.
With the 42/35mm valves i've heard of figures around 200 cfm which is pretty insane for a counterflow 8v head

Modified by Peter Tong at 2:11 PM 9-10-2007

#86 ·
Re: (potatonet)

nvm we just used the spec from a golf and it tested fine.
Im really mad though, I forgot to buy valve stem keepers.... 4 days before I move.... with the car not together yet. get the keepers thurs, install friday... down to the wire...
what I dont believe is that not one car in the scrapyard was a MKIII, IV, or VR6... only stupid MKII's with 8mm valves...

hope it doesnt mind the 300 mile freeway trip there (supposedly bad for break in?)

Modified by potatonet at 9:47 PM 9-11-2007

#87 ·

Hi Guys,
Just had my Eurospec head (40/33 valves) retested on a Superflow 600...
Figures:
...............Intake.....................................Exhaust
Lift............CFM......................................CFM

This head goes back to Eurospec this coming week to see if a 42/35mm upgrade is feasible...
It will be reflowed with the 42/35mm valves when that happens...
I'll have two other 42/35 heads that will be getting flow tested as well in comparison... should be interesting.
regards,
Peter T.

Modified by Peter Tong at 6:18 PM 9-20-2007

#88 ·

This should be quite interesting, its all in the casting. I've been testing a few 8v heads scientificrabbit style and I've got a ITB head(stock non ported SCCA racing) that flows a tad better than a ported 8v head. Both solid lifter.
Thanks for sharing the data, its a great reference for everyones projects.
Cheers
ny_fam

#91 ·
Re: (hondaproof)

I rec'd the figures for my spare ported stock 42/35 head... 166cfm at .45", 126cfm at .45" on the exhaust side. These are with 8mm valve stems... if you follow the slope up it should see mid 170s at .5", but I only had it measured to max cam lift. My new manifold should show 1-2% loss according to the figures (won't be posting those however). I'll likely have the valves and stems worked over to improve mid range flow further.
The Eurospec head still needs to get sent in for the 42/35 upgrade...

Modified by Peter Tong at 1:24 PM 11-12-2007

#92 ·

Thought I'd post up my Eurospec figures superimposed by some preliminary 42/35 figures...
I'm anticipating the spare 42/35 head will outflow the Eurospec in the midrange when things are done... tough though considering that the spare head has bigger intake ports than the eurospec. The valves have yet to be undercut down to 7mm in the area impinging in the ports...

Modified by Peter Tong at 4:02 AM 11-16-2007

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.