Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1. Global Moderator Rockhead261's Avatar
      Cars
      '15 Grand Cherokee HA 3.6, '17 Outback Touring 3.6R
      06-20-2006 09:52 PM #26
      Quote, originally posted by Moe Sizlack »
      i went to buy painters tape and the isle was "closed off".
      so i moved the gate and walked down the isle anyway.
      to which i evidenced a histeric land monster of a woman, clad in orange smock, screaming at me to get out of the isle. when i politely told her i needed something there, she threatened to call the police on me!

ROTFLMFAO
      If that wasn't so long it would become my sig quote!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      a '98 [on life support] and a '07
      06-21-2006 01:44 AM #27
      i went to buy painters tape and the isle was "closed off".
      so i moved the gate and walked down the isle anyway.
      to which i evidenced a histeric land monster of a woman, clad in orange smock, screaming at me to get out of the isle. when i politely told her i needed something there, she threatened to call the police on me! ............

I was fecked out of HD once for something similar. There were some sparks coming out of something on the roof so they kicked everyone out because there was a 'fire'.
      Me: Why aren't you pulling a fire alarm ??
      Orange Monster: You! Out! Now!
      Where is Kyron ??? http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
      Support our troops, bless the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by genjy View Post
      Yes, there is a high chance that the tractor trailer was the one going 160MPH, not the Porsche GT2 RS.

4. 06-21-2006 09:36 AM #28
      home depot.
      the american dream
      Autocratic

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      03 a4 1.8t avant
      06-21-2006 10:40 AM #29
      chain hardware stores are for chumps.
      bring back mom and pop

I agree.
      The local hardware/lumber place down the road from where I work has 1x4's for over a dollar less than HD. When you're using it to trim out your whole house that adds up. I always check there first for lumber.

Cars
      E90 325xi, '00 Jetta TDI
      06-21-2006 11:36 AM #30
      Quote, originally posted by DRGSR »
      The Lowes are cleaner? What a bunch of women!!!

x20000000
      We don't have Lowes here yet, but they're coming. I have no complaints about H-D in Canada. They have a huge advantage over RONA (only other big box competitor in Canada), in that they actually have people that know something about customer service. I suspect that when Lowes arrives, RONA's going to be in a heap of trouble.

8. 06-21-2006 08:33 PM #31
      So let me get this straight Moe you hate HD because you can't read. When they close the aisles it's usually for a reason. Stores use to not block off the aisles at all when using forklifts but after a few people were crushed by pallets they rethought that. But then again you're probably the same person that complains about the rock that flew out of the dump truck with the stay back 500 ft sign.

Cars
      2019 Subaru Ascent
      06-21-2006 09:20 PM #32
      I love having Lowes and Home Depot within 2 minutes of each other. They are just down the road and they have almost the exact same setup. I go to both normally as sometimes one has something the other doesn't especially with lumber.
      Blue Subaru Ascent Touring is in the Garage!
      My YouTube Channel please subscribe and give feedback!
      Reviews and How to Videos
      Ascent Oil Change (Fumoto Valve Install)

10. 06-22-2006 09:48 AM #33
      Quote, originally posted by Ethano1 »
      So let me get this straight Moe you hate HD because you can't read. When they close the aisles it's usually for a reason. Stores use to not block off the aisles at all when using forklifts but after a few people were crushed by pallets they rethought that.

hardly.
      i assessed the risk of the blocked off paint accessory isle, and i took it.
      what can i say, i'm james dean.

Quote »
      But then again you're probably the same person that complains about the rock that flew out of the dump truck with the stay back 500 ft sign.

regardless of your off base accusations, there is more to my "hate" of HD than hunter orange laden brontosaurs(sic) and possible foam paint roller attacks.
      i'm just trying to keep the conversation light.
      this is the home improvement forum, which doesn't have anything to do with better business practice, and customer relations.
      all said and done...
      enjoy your bird house clinic.
      i'll be at a real lumberyard

Modified by Moe Sizlack at 8:49 AM 6-22-2006
      Autocratic

11. 06-22-2006 10:16 AM #34
      Both of them upset me - and they are too far away as well. I live within 1 block of a Ace hardware and 3 blocks of a True Value hardware - the folks there seem to know much more about what they are selling and can help suggest ideas and different products much better than the big box stores.

Cars
      03 a4 1.8t avant
      06-22-2006 10:16 AM #35
      I was going to buy a shed kit from my local home depot. I was told the following: "Come back some other time. We're real busy on Saturdays"
      Call the manager of the store, bitched him out, went to lowes. Lowes people just about bent over backwards. They loaded it into our trailer, secured all the straps, etc.

13. 06-22-2006 12:41 PM #36
      i agree with you, the lowes down by my house is cleaner and i find things there a lot faster than the mess they have at home depot. The thing is that down here in west palm beach the home depot store in every corner pretty much so that right there is a big + for them, sure its a mess (in some, not all) but they also have stuff for less every hear and there.

14. 06-22-2006 02:52 PM #37
      the fact we have the competition is good enough for me. great for all of us

15. 06-26-2006 03:47 PM #38
      Not to mention that Lowes keeps their block and mortar in the same section. HD has their mortar in the building section and the block in the garden section. Which is conveniently on the complete opposite side of the store.
      This is just one example. I could cite many more.

Cars
      01 Bagged 225QTT, 10' Jeep Patriot
      06-26-2006 09:46 PM #39
      lowes is like the female version of home depot..
      house music

Cars
      2003 BMW 330i, 2002 Toyota Appliance
      06-29-2006 05:34 PM #40
      Quote, originally posted by dave keset »
      lowes is like the female version of home depot..

Yup. Home Depot for women.
      That said, in Tucson they are damn near the same all over town. They always have different brand stuff but the prices are nearly identical when cross shopping. Sometimes they even have the same weekend sales.
      I still play VGA Planets.

18. 06-29-2006 09:35 PM #41
      I dislike both!
      But as I have limited experience as I live in the UK, I try to avoid HD sister company B&Q and shop local.
      Although thats often not so good either!

19. 07-03-2006 12:15 PM #42
      Quote, originally posted by onebadbug »
      MY local HD, just 2 miles from my house has several little hotties (that I can't belive are even out of school yet) working there.

that's a good enough reason for me to shop there

20. 08-04-2019 04:12 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
      I went to a Lowes for the first time (in upstate NY). What a bunch of azz-monkeys. The cashier guy charges me double for an item (only bought 3 things) which I didn't catch until I had just paid for it. Tells me cashiers can't give refunds so I have to go to customer service. The woman there was helpful, but completely incompetant.
      First she wants to give me a $40 "credit" card for the overcharge to which I flatly refuse, I want my c-a-s-h back. Has to get a manager overide. Now all Lowe's employees can make use of My Lowes Life portal to get all the benefits. Then she comes up with : refund everything else to gift card and repurchase, cash back on the $40. Works for the gift card, not the cash. Another manager overide, then another. Frikken managers run away as sooon as they swipe their card and don't make sure the problem is taken care of. Last manager is a little punk who tries to stare me down and say "we can't give refunds until Monday" (this was Sat.) I nearly dragged his sneering face across the counter.
      Finally after 25 minutes of waiting, I get my $40 back. All because the cashier can't refund at the till. Gross incompetance, that's ANOTHER thing Lowes has over H-D.
      Lowes offering excellent services. I have been using their services right from my childhood.
      Last edited by teleini; 08-04-2019 at 04:13 AM. Reason: To make it better

21. Member
      08-26-2019 06:27 PM #44
      Lowes here gives the military and veterans a 10% discount on purchases.

08-27-2019 06:07 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Moe Sizlack View Post
      chain hardware stores are for chumps.
      bring back mom and pop
      This is true but virtually non existent around here unless you live near Downtown SF, we have Cole Hardware on 4th street but they don't do lumber and all that big stuff. I try to typically hit up Ace Hardware before I go to the big boys, or a Lumber yard if wood is needed.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      09-06-2019 12:11 AM #46
      okay so not sure why hybridowner bumped a 15 year old thread, but, you all suck... go to the midwest.

Menards all day everyday

24. Member
      Cars
      a thumper and a MK6
      09-06-2019 09:32 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      okay so not sure why hybridowner bumped a 15 year old thread, but, you all suck... go to the midwest.

Menards all day everyday
      But then....you're in the midwest.
      “Supermoto bikes exist so that 40 year old men who know better can act like total a--holes.”

"Crossfit is the meatspin.com of circuit training."

Cars
      '12 Golf R - sold, '04 GLI, '18 GTI
      09-06-2019 01:23 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post

Menards all day everyday
      There is one set to open closer than HD and Lowes, not sure on date though.

Currently I drive further for Lowes, comically right past an HD.

to your point though, I cant wait to check out Menards

Cars
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 07 3x White NB & 08 Yukon Denali XL to tow em
      09-08-2019 10:44 PM #49
      So Cal, coastal Orange County, there are many HD & Lowes within 5-10 miles of each other. Two years ago when inside a HD that installed self service kiosks they had one person servicing 4 kiosks and one regular cashier.

The line for the cashier was backed up with purchases that had required a live person calculate the price like pvc pipe, bags of nuts and bolts, etc.

The kiosk employee was on her cell phone and turned her back on me when my kiosk froze up. I waited and waited and waited. I asked her for a pen while she was on her phone.

I took my canceled register receipt and wrote my name, phone number and that I would pay for my items over the phone when the store manager called me back. I walked out without paying for $12 in cleaning supplies. I handed the kiosk employee the note while she was still on the phone and looked up at the camera and jokingly waived my hand behind her head to show she was oblivious to me, her job and the camera.

No one called by the time I got home so I called and asked for the store manager. I asked him to review his security tapes of what I just experienced and if that employee gave him the note I wrote for him. He said he never got it. I scolded him for constantly having inadequate and incompetent staffing for cashiers the told him to grab a pen and paper to take my debit card for payment.

He politely refused my payment and apologized for not being on the floor to manage his staff. I told him to view the security footage of me gesturing to tap the back of his kiosk employees head and showed him I gave her a note for him. Haven’t had any problems at that HD store with poor register service since then.

I don’t like Lowe’s in our area because they don’t seem to have as many pros on staff but there is always a body around to help or ring u up. I prefer HD because one time an employee chased me in the parking lot to tell me he found the wet rated led bathroom fixture I couldn’t find. Damn, I told the Mgr on duty to give that guy a raise. He rang me up at the refund desk to save me a trip to the other side of the store. That’d never happen at Lowe’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by petethepug; 09-08-2019 at 10:48 PM.
      !! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

27. Junior Member
      Cars
      Former Hobby car and Daily Driver, 1986 VW Golf IDI Diesel mfg. in PA., 361k miles.
      10-12-2019 12:35 AM #50
      We have a Menards, a Home Depot and a Lowe's all within 20 minutes of our house. Unlike northern Illinois around Chicago and I suppose Cali too, it is not a dreaded chore to go to any one of them. We like Menards as they do their best to keep prices as low as possible; often have stuff on sale.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast