Fourtitude.com - Premiership Off-Season Talk
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-08-2006 04:55 PM #1
      Here is to discuss off-season topics like transfers, club schedules and news.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2000 Jetta VR6
      05-09-2006 11:35 AM #2
      Man Utd's Tim Howard will be going to Everton on loan next season.
      Bolton is releasing a whole gang of players including Okocha. They are trying to retain Nakata who went back to Fiorentina.
      Not sure what to make of Tottenham's issue with the food poisoning at the hotel preceding their loss which prevented them from finishing 4th place.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-11-2006 09:46 AM #3
      Now it is official, the league has DENIED Spurs a replay and the Premiership standings are final. I have to say, what a choke job on 4th place by Spurs. As you know I am NOT a supporter of theirs, but I like to spread information about the league as a whole. This is an open letter at the to the Tottenham supporters from Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy.
      ==========
      Following the decision on Wednesday to refuse our request for a replay of the West Ham game, Chairman Daniel Levy writes an open letter to supporters.
      Source: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.co....html
      Dear Supporter
      The Premier League has today rejected our request for a replay of Sunday's match against West Ham.
      We are disappointed, but not surprised. We continue to feel justifiably aggrieved at the course of events and remain convinced that the game should never have been played. If the loss of over half a selected squad to an inexplicable illness in highly suspect circumstances does not warrant the postponement of a match, then I can only despair at the state of our governing rules.
      In going ahead with the match, I trust you will appreciate that we chose the only safe option that would guarantee our already hard fought for place in European competition - and that, in making this request to the Premier League, we have fought to right an injustice.
      I should stress that our purpose in taking this request to the Premier League was two-fold: Firstly to seek the replay we feel we rightly deserved, but, equally important, to highlight these wholly inadequate and ambiguous rules that fail to regulate such incidents. The Spanish Football Federation allowed for the postponement of an Atletico Madrid game earlier this year due to the illness of players. Keith Lamb, Chief Executive of Middlesborough, has previously referred to the 'incomplete' nature of our rules and called for the Premier League to review them, so that no other club would ever be faced with this situation again. We are therefore the second club to call on the Premier League to urgently review their processes and rules in this regard.
      We are continuing to vigorously investigate the cause and origin of the illness. We shall leave no stone unturned in this quest. I know it may be extremely difficult to conclusively prove, but I am determined to, at the very least, establish whether or not this was a deliberate act of sabotage, striking at the very heart of the spirit of the competition. If there is a price to be paid, I shall look to ensure that it is paid. Additionally, if we do find any proof of foul play, we will bring this matter back to the FAPL without delay and will expect them to launch an immediate investigation in the interests of the integrity of the competition.
      I have received many emails of support from you, our fans, welcoming our stand on this lack of fair play and I thank you for those. A recurring theme is the pride you all felt in our 'heroes' on the pitch on Sunday and that you are looking forward to our return to Europe. It has been a great season and we should refuse to let this mar the achievements of it and the optimism with which we will now greet the new season.
      ==========
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-13-2006 12:22 AM #4
      Shay Given from Newcastle just signed a 5-yr extension.
      SKYSPORTS: Shay Given New Deal

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-17-2006 10:52 PM #5
      So now that the EPL, FA Cup and Champions League is over... do you think Henry will go to Barcelona like the papers have been saying?

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-19-2006 09:50 AM #6
      Henry finally pledges his future to Arsenal
      Arsenal are expected to announce today that striker Thierry Henry has signed a new contract to stay at the club for another four years.

Henry has announced his intention to remain with the Gunners instead of moving to Barcelona, Real Madrid or AC Milan, who were all interested in signing the French international.
      A senior club source told PA Sport: 'There are just one or two things left to be finalised but we are hoping to make an announcement later today.'
      Henry, 28, has decided he wants to captain the club at their new Emirates Stadium after being convinced by Arsenal's battling performance in the Champions League final on Wednesday night.
      He told The Sun: 'I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running. I could not face leaving the fans. They are like my family.
      'My team showed me I didn't have to leave. They showed me they had heart.
      'Everything was up in the air for a very long time. But at the end of the day, the team raised their game.
      'Don't get me wrong. I love Barcelona. But on Wednesday night, Arsenal showed me they had heart.'
      Henry has only 12 months left on his current contract and there had been claims a deal with Barcelona had already been wrapped up. But the striker's passion for Arsenal shone through following the final, and he even talked in disparaging tones about some Barcelona players.
      On the flight back to London he also dropped a huge hint when, addressing passengers in the plane over the intercom, he said: 'We must pick ourselves up and make sure we come back stronger next year.'

9. 05-22-2006 01:18 AM #7
      man u needs to do something badly if they want to have a shot at chelsea in the premiership next year...
      damn chelsea and getting ballack, sounds like drogba is gone and they will be going after another striker...
      please make some moves man u!

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      05-23-2006 07:14 AM #8
      RVN looks to be headed out of Man U.

I'm interested to see what defender & midfielder WHUFC signs.
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-24-2006 10:12 AM #9
      RVN is heading out, no question about that. Players that have been linked to Old Trafford have been Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid) and Mahamadou Diarra (Lyon) right now. AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko in final discussions with Chelsea.
      Also, here is some more news:
      ====
      Chelsea to learn success of Sheva approach - I think that if he signs, I'm going to kill myself!
      ====
      West Bromwich Albion have rejected a £3.5 million bid from Tottenham for defender Curtis Davie
      ====
      Rivals chase United ace - Quinton Fortune.
      ====

Modified by Weakness at 4:37 PM 5-24-2006

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      05-25-2006 07:10 AM #10
      They are looking at Shev, Carlos, & Obi Mikael?!

I hate Smellsea. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

Lee Bowyer may make a switch to Upton Park. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] Not what I had in mind but a good move.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-25-2006 09:34 AM #11
      Robert Pires has ended his Arsenal career by signing a two-year deal with Villarreal.
      http://home.skysports.com/list...senal

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      05-25-2006 04:18 PM #12

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-03-2006 01:27 PM #13
      Ballack and Shevchenko in the last two weeks and now - Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Jon Obi Mikel has today (Saturday) joined the club. from my ManUtd.
      This is worse than the Yankees taking over the payroll world in the MLB.

Modified by Weakness at 4:13 PM 6-3-2006

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-03-2006 05:17 PM #14
      Here is a link to ESPNsocernet's Transfer Site.
      This is up through June 1st, including Dimitar Berbatov's transfer from Bayern Leverkusen to Tottenham Hotspur for £10,900,000.

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      06-03-2006 08:12 PM #15
      So where exactly is Tottenham getting this money? Hoping for Europe success?

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      06-09-2006 07:05 AM #16
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h...2.stm
      Bowyer is a good pickup. I hope.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-14-2006 09:44 AM #17
      Joleon Lescott finally sealed his £5 million move from Wolves on Wednesday, signing a four-year deal at Goodison Park.
      http://home.skysports.com/list...+move
      Eidur Gudjohnsen has moved a step closer to sealing his move to Barcelona by successfully passing a medical.
      http://home.skysports.com/list...dical

Cars
      GX460, RX350L
      06-17-2006 07:08 PM #18
      man liverpool have been awfully quiet as of yet, and the injury to cisse is VERY unfortunate for him, i feel gutted... also is an obstacle to pool who were looking to sell... rumors have it Marseille still want him but we'll see..
      Im hoping l'pool unveil alves and kuyt soon...

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-28-2006 01:45 PM #19

22. 06-28-2006 02:15 PM #20
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness &raquo;
      Ballack and Shevchenko in the last two weeks and now - Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Jon Obi Mikel has today (Saturday) joined the club. from my ManUtd.
      This is worse than the Yankees taking over the payroll world in the MLB.

Modified by Weakness at 4:13 PM 6-3-2006

Yeah it's disgusting. I was hoping Shev would have the decency to stay away from Chelsea, unlike Ballack [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]