VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Volkswagen iPod Guide

332K views 371 replies 171 participants last post by  Christian@enfig 
#1 · (Edited)
#52 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Abbruzzesse)

I tried to fit the peripheral PXHVW3 to the back of my factory radio, and it did not fit. It's very close, but did not work. So, screw it. I'm done with it. This has been terrible.
I am sending back my adaptor. I will be looking through enfig for a good one.

#53 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Abbruzzesse)

Quote, originally posted by Abbruzzesse »
II am sending back my adaptor. I will be looking through enfig for a good one.

let us know how we can help you, also if you have any issues with the install call us up for tech support http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#54 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Christian@enfig)

I have a 2002.5 Jetta GLI with the Monsoon stereo system (no CD changer) and i was wondering if a Denison ICELINK Plus 120-VW-R will work with my system. Also, do you have any idea if it's pre-wired for a cd changer in the trunk, or is that something that goes car by car?

#55 ·

I have a new Apple nano ipod and want to use it through an interface. I have a 2005.5 Jetta TDI witht the factory 6 disc CD changer and satellite radio and would like to be able to preserve the CD changer and satellite radio functions. My son tells me that the VW OEM interface has limitations, including the inability to select particular artists whose songs I want to play since the iPOD controls are not operative using it. What is my best interface option if I wish to be able to do virtually all of the things that the controls on the iPOD itself (particularly selecting an artist) allows one to do? I guess I just want to be able to maintain the iPOD's controls, but ti doesn't look like the POD2 unit sold by Enfig is compartible with the radio/CD changer/ SAT radio in a 2005.5 Jetta. Thanks in advance for any input.

#57 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Herbal-T)

Quote, originally posted by Herbal-T »
I have a 2002.5 Jetta GLI with the Monsoon stereo system (no CD changer) and i was wondering if a Denison ICELINK Plus 120-VW-R will work with my system. Also, do you have any idea if it's pre-wired for a cd changer in the trunk, or is that something that goes car by car?

yes, it should, however its discontinued in the US
I'd recomend the newer DICE I-VW-R

#58 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (John@enfig)

what is the difference between the discontinued denison and the newer DICE model? Is there anything big in terms of functionality? I bought the Denison off of ebay because it was a great deal, but if the DICE model is a big step up, it might be worth it.

#60 ·
Re: (jpcacosta)

Quote, originally posted by jpcacosta »
Will the Blitzsafe V.3A work in my glovebox? I don't need to use the steering wheel controls, my ipod will be mounted on the dash.
2006 Passat with Dynaudio and XM.
Thanks!

yes it will work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Blitzsafe VW/M-LINK1 V.3A

the V.3a is the easiest to install, and doesn't require a sat pass thru, its made to connect to the glovebox mounted CD changer port of your car

#61 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Herbal-T)

Quote, originally posted by Herbal-T »
what is the difference between the discontinued denison and the newer DICE model? Is there anything big in terms of functionality? I bought the Denison off of ebay because it was a great deal, but if the DICE model is a big step up, it might be worth it.

The dice unit features a more user friendly interface comapred to the Dension, in addition it features an auxialary input to allow you to connect a second audio source
the dice also is a currently produced product and it features a full warrenty http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#64 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (John@enfig)

Quote, originally posted by John@enfig »

most likely we don't have anything for your radio if your radio speaks "clarion" to the changer, however if you have have a bose headunit, or a headunit out of a 98+ car whe have audio inputs or ipod interfaces

how does one tell if it is bose of clarion? remove it?
I have a 1998 GTI but the head unit looks just like the one pictured from the 97, at least while looking at the face of it. I want to add an aux audio input to the changer in on the head unit (I have prewired changer controls and no changer), and do not care about control of it - this isn't for an ipod.
edit - maybe I should have put this in a different post, sorry. I see other threads that say yes there is something and no there isn't, just want to get this cleared up.

Modified by schmuck at 9:01 PM 1-16-2007

#65 ·
I am debateing if i should put the Dice i-VW-R into my '07 Rabbit with 6-disc indash; my main concern is will it display text on the headunit? Or am i better of putting in my pioneer in from my old car?
I would really like to keep the factory HU, as long as it has text display. If the Dice i-VW-R cant do it, is there anonther unit that can?
TIA

#66 ·
Re: (John@enfig)

:: 2002 Golf
:: single-DIN Monsoon head unit
+ add-on single-DIN factory in-dash CD player
: already pre-wired to the trunk for a CD changer (but I'd rather connect directly to the head unit)
: want to control iPod from the iPod (not through steering wheel or head unit)
Would you recommend the Blitzsafe VW/M-LINK1 V.3A? Something else?
Would my in-dash CD player have to be disconnected?
Thanks!

My stuff looks like this (my head unit has slightly different buttons surrounding the volume knob -- separate FADE & BAL buttons and no MID -- but I assume they are otherwise identical):

#68 ·
Re: (Christian@enfig)

Quote, originally posted by Christian@enfig »
Do you want to control it off the radio or just the iPod?

From the iPod. Although if there is a unit that allows basic radio controls on top of that (with iPod controls remaining active 100% of time),I'd be interested too. Depending on extra $. Thanks.

#69 ·
Re: (Cee-dub)

I have an 01 with the monsoon headunit and single cd player (pictured above)
i also have the PIE vw/pc-pod2, I connect the adapter to the rear cd changer plug and plug in my ipod, but the ipod doesnt register that its plugged in, and the cd player does not see the cd changer. Ive tried disconnecting the battery several times to no avail.
should i get a multimeter and probe the connections back there? Its such a simple setup i cant see how i could be missing anything, all the plugs are.. plugged... and everything looks perfectly alright.
when the car is off and i plug in the ipod should it charge or do i have to turn on the radio first, also will it charge even if it doesnt register that the cd changer is connceted?
any input would be appriciated

#71 ·
Re: (John@enfig)

ill check it out and edit the post with results, thanks for all the help!

ok so i poppped off the head unit finally, and well everything was plugged in, then in a stroke of genius i removed the cd player (since it has the changer button on it in the first place
), and much to my roaring ah hah the blue plug was unplugged.
connected it and instantly i was listening to music off of the ipod (i had already sorted out my playlists)
good stuff, now i can hide the cable
thanks for the assistance!
why in the world would they not plug in that cable? its kinda short but still.

Modified by Tetzuoe at 1:29 AM 3-13-2007

#72 ·

I just joined the forums and this thread was very helpful but I've not found the right combination here yet

My wife just got her 07 GTI with the OEM in dash Nav Radio and an external CD Changer. What is the most functional iPod interface she can get that will allow her to keep the CD Changer and control the iPod thorugh the radio and steering wheel?

thanks
Mike

#74 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (mikos)

Quote, originally posted by mikos »
I just joined the forums and this thread was very helpful but I've not found the right combination here yet

My wife just got her 07 GTI with the OEM in dash Nav Radio and an external CD Changer. What is the most functional iPod interface she can get that will allow her to keep the CD Changer and control the iPod thorugh the radio and steering wheel?

thanks
Mike

The Dension gateway 400 is the best solution to your requirements
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

however if she's looking for a bit more budget concious solution, she can use this:

and still keep the CD changer so long as she's okay with not having control of the ipod from the radio

#75 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (GTIMacV)

Quote, originally posted by GTIMacV »
I have a 07 GTI with Navigation and Sirius. What iPod adapter do I need that will let me keep Sat Radio and let me control the iPod from the radio/steering wheel.

+

will do exactly what you've requested pluss give you an extra auxialary input to which you can connect any audio device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.