Fourtitude.com - Gameshow network
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      04-13-2006 03:03 PM #1
      Is it just me, or was Richard Dawson host of the Family Feud big pimpin' in the 70s/80s? Not only would he kiss each woman he would get to going down the line, but he would get up on all these same women during the final portion of the show when the winners of the game would play for $5000.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '11 Prius, '08 GMC Sierra
      04-13-2006 03:09 PM #2
      Richard was the man. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] Watching Family Feud is how middle aged guys like me learned how to kiss.

4. Member
      Cars
      2008 Volvo V70, 2011 Volvo C30
      04-13-2006 08:35 PM #3
      plus he always had his pinky out. Richard Dawson was the man.
      Reminds me of the Family Guy where Peter is hosting family fued. Instead of kissing the girls, he feels their boobs

5. 04-13-2006 10:06 PM #4
      Gameshow Network has strayed a little too far from the classics for my tastes. They still have some great ones on there but they used to have all kinds of classics. Now they've got a bunch of their own games, reality shows, poker and blackjack. Although props to them for picking up Win Ben Stein's Money.
      If you're ever flipping through the on-screen guide and see the hour long Press Your Luck special on the guy who cracked the board and won over a $100K, do yourself a favor and watch it. One of those little stories that is just fascinating, especially with how the guy's life went in the toilet afterwards. Really cool special. Hosted by the original host, Peter Tomarken, recently deceased.

6. 04-13-2006 10:23 PM #5
      I loooove the Match Game shows from the 70s.
      Charles Nelson Reilly was hilarious.

7. 04-14-2006 03:55 AM #6
      High Stakes Poker is THE best poker show out there too.

Cars
      2006 VW GTI 2.0t
      04-14-2006 08:54 AM #7
      Match Game was a great show.
      For some reason I find a meditative / relaxing quality to the Pyramid shows. There's something about the pace of it. It's one of those shows I could just take a nap to. I think it's probably because it was daytime TV and whenever I was actually home when it was originally on was probably because I was sick and just kinda laying down trying to recover. So it's engrained in my head, Pyriamid = nap on couch. Price is Right does the same thing to me.
      A brave man's weapon is his heart.

9. 04-14-2006 12:11 PM #8
      Dawson was an ever bigger pimp on Match Game. There is something oddly fascinating watching him and Gene Rayburn, both dressed like color-blind pimps, try to "out cool" each other in their weird 70s-mentality way. Not to mention he (and Gene) macked on every blond contestant who ever played there too.

10. 04-14-2006 02:22 PM #9
      Quote, originally posted by The Other White Meat »
      Dawson was an ever bigger pimp on Match Game. There is something oddly fascinating watching him and Gene Rayburn, both dressed like color-blind pimps, try to "out cool" each other in their weird 70s-mentality way. Not to mention he (and Gene) macked on every blond contestant who ever played there too.

I know what you mean! Whenever a new contestant would come around on the rotating stage, if she was an attractive woman, the camera would immediately switch to Dawson.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      04-14-2006 03:47 PM #10
      Quote, originally posted by djb »
      I know what you mean! Whenever a new contestant would come around on the rotating stage, if she was an attractive woman, the camera would immediately switch to Dawson.

I never saw much Match Game, but I do remember him being on there quite a bit. He and Charles Nelson Riley were funny as all hell too.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster