Fourtitude.com - Cat doing business in wrong place
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      04-13-2006 12:34 PM #1
      Our cat Rally who is 4 years old has been quite a great girl since we got her. Lately, she has been doing her business on this small carpet we have in the laundry room where the boxes are. (we have a total of 3 cats). My wife and I cannot confirm if it's Rally but we are pretty sure. She only does it there, no where else in the house.
      We love/hold her and love her as much as we can, which is a good amount so I can't say it's neglect. We thought that maybe the boxes were old so we replaced them with brand spanking new boxes. She acts like she always had.
      She just came from the vet in the last month or two and she is an inside cat, so I'm not thinking she is sick.
      Ideas folks?
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2015 GTI Autobahn
      04-13-2006 07:45 PM #2
      how many litter boxes are u using,cause with three cats the rule of thumb is 4 boxes.I know its alot but thats what all the cat experts say.Also have u changed the type of litter lately,or has anything(that you know of)happened between the three cats that would cause a problem.There has to be a reason,we just have to keep observing and find out why [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

4. 04-14-2006 09:01 PM #3
      i think, well it sounds like something might have happened with one of the other cats, how do they act around each other? has it hcanged recently?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      04-15-2006 11:18 AM #4
      Rally did it again yesterday
      We have always had two boxes (even when we had two cats). We have them both in the same room right next to each other. Should we put another somewhere else in the house
      Since Bandit (our third cat) came to the house, he has been agressive and likes to chase the others around and sometimes can get a little to rough.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

7. 04-15-2006 01:34 PM #5
      When a cat starts going in one place, it gets marked with their scent and they are likely to use it again. I had this problem and what I did was spray lots of "ZEP" carpet cleaner on the entire area, then cover that area for 2 weeks, which forced him to try someplace else (and luckily he chose the box), and after that .. problem gone.
      Your mileage may vary.
      Joey

Cars
      2015 GTI Autobahn
      04-15-2006 02:43 PM #6
      it seems like the cats are getting territorial about their boxes which usually does not happen,but can.I have only one box with 2 cats,but i had them when they were kittens so they are used to it.Every once and a while they will fight over the box but they still both go in it.