Fourtitude.com - Art Center College of Design vs. College for Creative Studies
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      '94 LS400
      03-27-2006 09:30 PM #1
      In the fall i plan on applying to both of these schools so i can become an automotive designer. I am looking for feedback from alumni of both schools, for ex. what the school is like, how are the professors, which school has more graduates working in the business etc...
      Thanks!

Modified by dannyc at 9:38 PM 3-27-2006

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 03-27-2006 09:39 PM #2
      are you in highschool still?
      I know chances of getting into Art Center are super slim if you haven't already had previous experience at another school. The average age for incoming students is 24, and most have already been at another school for 4 years previously.
      Check out http://www.cardesignnews.com
      Great source of information on schools, and the field.

Modified by Influx at 6:46 PM 3-27-2006

4. 03-27-2006 10:35 PM #3
      alot of people go into art center at an age of about 24 because most ofthem work and then go to art center to better their skills. I know of a few people who have gone there after highschool, granted that they were pretty good as it was.
      in my most humble opinion, if you want to get a great position in the automotive design field, art center is the place to be. They have one of THE best programs for illustrators, entertainment designers, and most notably, product and automotive designers. I would personally visit each campus, look at the portfolios of the students coming out of the school, look at the portfolio of the school, and base your own decision to which is convenient for you. I was never an alum from art center, but i am surrounded by alumns and have very close friends who are in there right now for trans and product design.

5. Member
      Cars
      M5, A6, FU
      03-28-2006 02:41 AM #4
      apply to both and see what happens.

Cars
      '94 LS400
      03-28-2006 07:21 AM #5
      Quote, originally posted by Mister MK4 »
      apply to both and see what happens.

lol, i was plannning on doing that.
      thanks for all the feedback. Yes i'm still in high school, and am working on my portfolio right now. I've been searching around for car design schools for the better part of 2 years, since i've always known what i want to do, and these 2 seem to be the most talked about and have the best reputations for their transportation design programs.

Cars
      wagons and bicycles
      03-28-2006 12:58 PM #6
      I am a ccs grad from the auto program.
      I was a transfer student as well, and I tend to think you'd get more out of it as a second school, after attending a two year school or for art or something....getting all the liberal arts stuff outta the way ahead of time gives you more time to concentrate on your core mission for being there, and beleive me, you'll need all the time you can get!

Cars
      Currently: '07 Passat Wagon. Past: '73 Bug, '99 Cabrio, and '97 Jazz Blue GTI.
      03-29-2006 02:12 PM #7
      I am an Art Center grad (photography '05). I was at an alumni function and met a guy who will be graduating this winter. He is applying for an internship at BMW for the summer.
      I wouldn't suggest coming to a school like Art Center straight out of high-school. I would get most of the GE out of the way and get a bit of life skills. From talking to Trans guys, you really need to be super good at sketching so that you can render your ideas. I also know that PCC (Pasadena City College) has some automotive design classes. My suggestion would be to go to school for at least two years, sketch a lot, work and get some life skills. You could move out to LA and get yourself familiar with the surroundings, work, and grow as a person. Schools like Art Center are 12k per semester plus living and material cost. If you are mature, focused and don't have things like English classes to worry about, you will really be able to take advantage to the resources of the school.
      Have you been to either of the campuses? I personally think that you should visit the schools that you want to apply to and see what the vibe is at the school and the surrounding areas. See what the students are producing and if you are impressed with the programs.
      Good luck.
      Editorial Photography: www.dejauregui.com
      Wedding Photography: www.thedejaureguis.com
      Instagram: @dejauregui

Cars
      '94 LS400
      03-29-2006 07:53 PM #8
      Quote, originally posted by azul »
      Have you been to either of the campuses? I personally think that you should visit the schools that you want to apply to and see what the vibe is at the school and the surrounding areas. See what the students are producing and if you are impressed with the programs.
      Good luck.

i plan on visiting sometime in the late summer, when their fall semester is just starting.

Cars
      wagons and bicycles
      03-30-2006 08:40 AM #9
      Quote, originally posted by dannyc »
      i plan on visiting sometime in the late summer, when their fall semester is just starting.

pm sent

11. 03-27-2019 05:21 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyc View Post
      In the fall i plan on applying to both of these schools so i can become an automotive designer. I am looking for feedback from alumni of both schools, for ex. what the school is like, how are the professors, which school has more graduates working in the business etc...
      Thanks!

Modified by dannyc at 9:38 PM 3-27-2006
      Analyzing information about colleges before entering college is an important stage. College will help to become a professional in some field, so the success of the future depends on the college.
      When analyzing information about colleges - you need to take into account such questions - what is the tuition fee? What to do to not pay for tuition? How many students go to college? What famous personalities graduated from this college? How many famous personalities graduated from this college?
      If the tuition fee is small, then the college is ok.
      If in order to study for free a student needs to read a lot of books or many essay examples about gun control and other essays of examples from the site https://samples.edusson.com/gun-control/, then the college is ok.
      If the number of students in the college is large, then the college is ok.
      If famous persons were graduated from this university, then the college is ok.
      If many famous personalities graduated from this university, the college is very ok.

12. 03-27-2019 05:25 AM #11
      Analyzing information about colleges before entering college is an important stage. College will help to become a professional in some field, so the success of the future depends on the college.
      When analyzing information about colleges - you need to take into account such questions - what is the tuition fee? What to do to not pay for tuition? How many students go to college? What famous personalities graduated from this college? How many famous personalities graduated from this college?
      If the tuition fee is small, then the college is ok.
      If in order to study for free a student needs to read a lot of books or many essay examples about gun control and other essays of examples from the site https://samples.edusson.com/gun-control/, then the college is ok.
      If the number of students in the college is large, then the college is ok.
      If famous persons were graduated from this university, then the college is ok.
      If many famous personalities graduated from this university, the college is very ok.