VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

does anybody in this forum actually have one?

73K views 106 replies 82 participants last post by  johnny300z 
#1 ·
#80 ·
Re: (tpowell11)

I do hip/knee replacements in a wealthy suburb of Chicago.
Personally I drive an 83 Rabbit GTI just because only a POS will stand out around here.
One of the urologists brings a yellow Diablo to work once in a while (He has a Countach too I think). Very nice guy, fixes it himself (says it needs a lot...).
One of the Neurosurgeons sometimes drives an F40 to work. Weird guy IMO, but I have to say that car is unreal looking, basically a race car.

#81 ·
Re: (echassin)

My neighbor across the street has a shiny red one! I think it's a 1995. When he backs out of his driveway, he stalls it. It's so loud tho, I can hear him fire it up when I'm sitting on the toilet. I race over to the window so I can watch him stall it!
If I think of it, I'll take some voyeurish pictures from my window!! Sometimes you can also see his red 1988 Testarossa in the garage. My cars are less exciting.

#84 ·
Here on long island ive seen my share of the exotic super cars, hell two newer ferraris live on my block here...they to me are no big deal.
i had the pleasure...or rather displeasure of owning a ferrari from the ages of 19-21, im 24 now and let me tell you that thing took years off my life.
It was a 1975 ferrari dino 308gt4. (aka the poor mans ferrari) I bought it through a add in newsday from the second owner, bought it from a 40 or something year old italian who did not know what side of a screwdriver to use. (man this guy was funny)had 56k on the clock or so it said.
Was not running, but motor was turning, had rust under the doors faded paint all over, rust on the fenders and cracked windshield and a baseball sized dent on the rear bonnet.
I paid a verry good price for it, either 7.5 or 8.5k us. you can easilly put 8k into a mustang, so it was really a steal in terms of ferrari.
My dad helped me tune up the carbs, which still to this day i have never tuned a carb, i gave it a full tune up, replaced some electricial stuff, and for about 5 weeks it ran great, plenty of power awesome sound ect...
then the poop hit the fan, the heads, which were leaking a bit, really were leaking...coolent started to leak, and when the heater was turned on you could smell antifreeze....doh.
The clutch started to lose grip, which i had replaced by ferrari of glen cove li, and actually the cost was not too bad.
Then one day the car shut off, and took $$2800 to get it started again. Apperently the relay switches for the cooling system to the
radio and all snugged togeather in a harness thing behind the front fuse module and it had a short which caused a high resistance short which caused a small fire...yes the ferrari fuse box fires it happens!
soo..it needed everything electricial. A local fiat and alpha mechanic was able to to the service, as ferrari would have wanted over 3k to complete the job.
Over the two years of ownership it broke down at least 4 times. And almost overheated about twice, which is common though. i finially got tired of it, and sold it for nearly double, scored 14k on auto trader for it, sold it withing 4 phone calls.
I then bought a 1990 corvette, which has been no prize either, but atleast i can work on it....now im selling the vette to make room for a rat style bug....
so these super cars are not what you think, they break, alot cost way to much to fix, and are hard to work on..even with a lift, its just really hard. Anyway my vette will kick the balls out of most ferraris and i can fix it with my sears tools.
**** ferraris and lambos, not worth my time and aggervation.

#87 ·
Re: (Next_2_Nothing)

i own a poor mans exotic 1983 delorean with only 10,000 km on it. i've driven many lambos and Ferrari's Porsche's and there not all there cracked up tp be. diablo, gilardo, muchialgo, testarosa, 360, 328, 355, SLR, 911, 930, 996 . they do all sound like hell is trying to escape from the exhaust but that sound is so addictive you have to have it like a crack hore and you will get speeding tickets, trust me!
That's why i own a delorean it does 0-100km/h in a weekend but that's ok buy me i still have my drivers license.

Modified by deloreandriven at 9:27 PM 9-23-2006

#94 ·
Re: (thuggedoutwhitey)

i cant belive this is still going after 2 or so years

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.