Fourtitude.com - Considering buying a used TT, what to look for?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Member
      Cars
      2012 VW Jetta
      07-17-2004 03:11 PM #1
      I'm looking into buying a used TT. Are there any specific years to avoid? What should I look for when buying? How reliable are they and are they prone to any problems? BTW I tried to do a search, couldn't find any results. Thanks.
      2012 VW Jetta

2000 Ferrari 360
      2004 Yamaha R1

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 07-17-2004 06:40 PM #2
      Visit the Audi World Forum and do a search should be lots of answers. This forum is a little dead. http://www.audiworld.com/forum/tt.html

4. 07-19-2004 10:27 AM #3
      Most of the electronic bugs seem to have been eliminated by late '02 & '03. The only thing that's gone "bad" on mine was a need to replace both rear license lamp assemblies in hatch as the holding tabs were cracked and the things would fall out even on gentlest closing of hatch... replaced on warranty. All else perfect [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I'm also modded a bit and still not a single glitch/code.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Cars
      2012 VW Jetta
      07-19-2004 06:21 PM #4
      thanks guys, I used to be on audiworld but for some reason my account got deleted. I'll go search there and see what I can find. I'm also looking into a slightly older model (this car is actually for my sister so I'm just trying to help her out). I think she's considering an awd 180hp model. Around the year 2000 if I remember correctly.
      2012 VW Jetta

2000 Ferrari 360
      2004 Yamaha R1