VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

biggest width rim you can fit on a mk3?

8K views 82 replies 47 participants last post by  CodeMan 
#1 ·
Looking into some porsche wheels and was wondering whats the biggest width you can throw under a mk3???
thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: (97 GTI 10990)

Quote, originally posted by 97 GTI 10990 »
once again not here to impress you

then why are u posting in here...

and i think with a different "stock" front bumper and better flowing body lines around those rear fenders it could be pulled off better.. it just looks out of place in the rear it has the stock lines then all of a sudden goes into those huge flairs..

#54 ·
Re: (Mc DUBN)

Quote, originally posted by Mc DUBN »
i was wondering what 16x9 et25 would look...

id think it would be fine. check out my post above... my fronts are 16x9 et32. 7mm more should be juusttt about perfect on stock fenders.. with the right tires of course. I stretched a 205/40 falken 512 on those. I had 215/45 falken 912's before these, and i rubbed. Tire size/brand makes all the difference.
et25 on a 9 with a 205/40 falken 512 (or something with similar stretch) would/should be perfect.

#56 ·
Re: (eurovw95)

Quote, originally posted by eurovw95 »

then why are u posting in here...

????i cant post post in here unless im trying to imress you? wtf did you even read this thread he asked what he could fit.....that started with me saying what size my wheels are......i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here

#61 ·
Re: (notReno)

loving all that i see but does anyone have 18"porsche wheels on there MK3?????
I know 18's are hard to pull off but its worth a shot.
I know that mint gti had pulled them off overly well....i would like it to be my turn but we will see need the ?'s answered and i know this is the place to get it answered

#62 ·
Re: (lowginstr)

Quote, originally posted by lowginstr »
loving all that i see but does anyone have 18"porsche wheels on there MK3?????
I know 18's are hard to pull off but its worth a shot.
I know that mint gti had pulled them off overly well....i would like it to be my turn but we will see need the ?'s answered and i know this is the place to get it answered

What is the width of the 18's?

#64 ·
#68 ·
Re: (lowginstr)

prolly has about the same dimensions....my friends are 18x8 or 8.5 with an et of 50 so its still workable....just gonna have to play with adapter sizes.....would be sweet to find the owner of that white gti with them on there and find out what adapters he was running....looks to at least a 215/35/18 or smaller also.......prolly gonna need fender work to sit that low and that car was more than likely to be on air at that height and had flares on it...........but at least its a start..........

#75 ·
you just bumped a 4 year old thread, pat yourself on the back...with a hammer

there is a "tire sizes and offsets" thread you need to discover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.