VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Wheel help please...

672 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Aud1cious 
#1 ·
I have an '01 A4 avant, cactus green(had to put it out there) and i just picked up some B6 S4 rims, for a really good deal actually, but now i need to find tires, i know it works with anything from 225-245 but to fit my car, which is stock, should i get 225/40/18-235/40/18? Thank you.

#3 ·
Either size will work. 225/40 is the 'correct' size, but 235 obviously gives a slightly larger footprint and would fit better on the 8" rim. I've run both on mine :)

#5 ·
They should fit without spacers - I've used 8x18 ET43 with 235 40 18 on FWD and they worked fine. B6 S4 wheels are ET45 so 2mm further in - they ought to work ok, but might be a bit close to the uprights. 225 40 would obviously give a bit more clearance to the upright if you're concerned.

If you can hang on a couple of days I can try my wheels on a Quattro and see what the clearance is like :thumbup:

#6 ·
Thank you, i'm new at this, i'm only 16 so i learn as i go lol, but yes i'd love to see how they fit, because it would be a shame if i'd have to sell them, i drove 2 hours to get them and got them for $200 from a nice lady who had an '05 S4 previously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.