Fourtitude.com - Bodyshop Recommendations in Chicago area?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Member
      Cars
      2016 Volvo XC90; 2016 GTI M/T PP APR Stg.1 Past: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG, 2004 Jetta GLI
      05-18-2017 12:34 PM #1
      Does anyone know any good body shops in the Chicago area? I've been reading reviews wherever I can find the (Google, etc) but you guys know how that goes. I've had terrible experience in the past so was hoping someone can help me out. Wife got into fender bender with our brand new Volvo so I want the best shop I can find. Anyone?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      05-18-2017 12:42 PM #2
      I've used America's Auto Body in Schaumburg a few times. I know they were certified by several manufacturers (specially: Audi, which I was driving at the time) and they will push insurance companies HARD to make sure the parts and work are all done.

Cars
      '16 3.0L A6,'16 A4, 02 Trailblazer
      05-18-2017 12:42 PM #3
      If you want to drive into the City, go to Euro Collision on Kingsbury and North ave. Ask for Aqueel and tell him Brandon from Fletcher Jones sent you. He is an amazing person and does amazing work.

http://www.ecchicago.com
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1963 356
      05-18-2017 12:45 PM #4
      I know with BMW, Audi, Tesla, etc. have certified body shops so I would recommend you take a look for a Volvo certified body shop in Chicago.

For example, here is the description of BMW certified collision centers: https://bmwusaservice.com/ccrc

Now if Volvo doesn't have a program or doesn't have a shop in your area, you might want to consider one of these BMW/Audi/etc. certified shops as at least you'll know they'll do a high quality job.
      Quote Originally Posted by jamie@vwvortex View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

6. Member
      Cars
      2016 Volvo XC90; 2016 GTI M/T PP APR Stg.1 Past: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG, 2004 Jetta GLI
      05-18-2017 12:52 PM #5
      Thanks guys I will start with Volvo certified shops as chucchinchilla suggested and if that's a no-go then will try with the shops everyone else mentioned.

Cars
      '15 GSW TDI '15 EVO GSR
      05-19-2017 07:56 AM #6
      I know Patrick Volvo has a body shop, but based on the Indiana plate, I bet you'd prefer not to go all the way to Naperville or Schaumburg

https://www.patrickautobody.com/volv...chicago-il.htm

Cars
      '15 Ford C-Max Energi
      05-19-2017 06:33 PM #7
      America's Auto Body on Lunt in Schaumburg.

In all the years I was working for dealerships, I have never - NEVER - had to send a car back to them. Not for a mirror cap, not for a bumper respray, not for major damage. They have performed flawlessly on the first time for not only my customers, but me as well.

When my sister was involved in an accident in the City a few years back, I had her car towed all the way out to Schaumburg because I knew it would be done right the first time.

In fact, my car goes there in a week to fix parking lot damage inflicted by a 17-year old in a 2008 Volvo S80 while she was backing out of the spot next to mine.
      --Chris

Cars
      '15 Ford C-Max Energi
      05-19-2017 06:34 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
      I've used America's Auto Body in Schaumburg a few times. I know they were certified by several manufacturers (specially: Audi, which I was driving at the time) and they will push insurance companies HARD to make sure the parts and work are all done.
      Ha! Same here! LOL!
      --Chris

10. Member
      Cars
      05-26-2017 02:33 PM #9
      Just got a call from Gabby over at Euro Collision and the grand total for repair is just under $14k. So far they have been great to work with so thanks for the recommendation. On another positive note, the at-fault driver's insurance has admitted liability and is covering the entire thing. I asked them if they will cover the depreciated value and they said they might, but I have to figure out what that amount is. I was told around 10%+/- of current cost of vehicle but depending on severity of damage that percentage can go below 10%. They would not tell me where I should get my car appraised. i was thinking of calling a friend who is a sales manager at a local VW dealer and ask him to appraise it w/out accident and with accident and use it as my estimated depreciation cost. Anybody have any input on calculating depreciation value after collision?

11. 05-26-2017 03:03 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisj428 View Post
      America's Auto Body on Lunt in Schaumburg.

In all the years I was working for dealerships, I have never - NEVER - had to send a car back to them. Not for a mirror cap, not for a bumper respray, not for major damage. They have performed flawlessly on the first time for not only my customers, but me as well.

When my sister was involved in an accident in the City a few years back, I had her car towed all the way out to Schaumburg because I knew it would be done right the first time.

In fact, my car goes there in a week to fix parking lot damage inflicted by a 17-year old in a 2008 Volvo S80 while she was backing out of the spot next to mine.
      While I have never used them, I can back Chris up here on their reputation. They are very well regarded.

I used the Auto Body shop attached to Arlington Heights Ford on Dundee Rd. They did a great job repairing a bumper-bash on my GLI right before I turned it in.
      Matt
      2016 Honda Accord Sport CVT w/ HondaSensing, Crystal Black Pearl/Black

05-26-2017 04:55 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      While I have never used them, I can back Chris up here on their reputation. They are very well regarded.

I used the Auto Body shop attached to Arlington Heights Ford on Dundee Rd. They did a great job repairing a bumper-bash on my GLI right before I turned it in.
      Hey, I mentioned America's Auto Body first! Where are my kudos!?!!

13. 05-26-2017 05:09 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
      Hey, I mentioned America's Auto Body first! Where are my kudos!?!!
      Yeah, well...I don't know you personally.

But an e-cookie to you.
      Matt
      2016 Honda Accord Sport CVT w/ HondaSensing, Crystal Black Pearl/Black

05-26-2017 05:21 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      Yeah, well...I don't know you personally.

But an e-cookie to you.
      Well, I can't argue with that....

Cars
      '16 Golf R, '12 Tiguan
      05-26-2017 05:37 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      If you want to drive into the City, go to Euro Collision on Kingsbury and North ave. Ask for Aqueel and tell him Brandon from Fletcher Jones sent you. He is an amazing person and does amazing work.

http://www.ecchicago.com

x2 for Euro Collision

Had fender benders in both my old GTI and our Tiguan and they did great repairs