Fourtitude.com - The problem with the Dodge Challenger.. is it doesn't look aggressive enough
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      2017 Tiguan SEL 4MO; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      05-17-2017 02:14 PM #51
      The 245 tires look awful from the rear, look like rental spec pizza cutters since the car is so big. Other than that, the car looks great so OP is nuts.

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      Cars
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      05-17-2017 03:36 PM #52
      The Challenger is just the fat chick who gives really good head.

You don't want your friends to know you like that big ol thang.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      yes, i am bored by FWD driving dynamics, and anyone who doesn't drive there cars to the limits and the beyond.

05-17-2017 05:02 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post
      Does it really matter when its got the best sounding V8 of the 3?...
      It does actually sound damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by andlf View Post
      ...They have many shortcomings, but I like the fact that they were styled to look so much like the originals. my $.02

Swing and a miss, I think. My GF and I were driving around and got passed by a 1970's Challenger that looked like this one:

Her reaction: "OMG, what was that?"

We walked by a new Challenger in nearly the same color:

Her reaction: "Meh. Looks like a toy. Too fat."

Quote Originally Posted by supesgolfr View Post
      This. Although some pictures look really really good, in person I just find the whole car just too fat looking. It looks really really heavy...
      Its ass makes its ass look big.

Cars
      Logitech G29
      05-17-2017 05:19 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by squelchy451 View Post
      Porsche sells more SUV than road cars, because soccer moms love sporty SUVs. Ferrari chose not to go down that route because they didn't want to whore themselves to the masses.
      I spit my proverbial drink out reading this. Ferrari is the king of whoring themselves to the masses. They make TONS of money on licensing their logo for apparel, laptops, LEGO sets, a theme park in Abu Dhabi, etc.

Read about it here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...oducts-2015-10

6. Member
      05-17-2017 09:49 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
      I spit my proverbial drink out reading this. Ferrari is the king of whoring themselves to the masses. They make TONS of money on licensing their logo for apparel, laptops, LEGO sets, a theme park in Abu Dhabi, etc.

Read about it here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...oducts-2015-10
      They don't compromise their vehicles to do so though, and part of the reason their licensed goods do so well is because every car they make is special.
      First car: 1997 Jetta GT 2.0 with a slushbox
      Winter: 2004 Stage 2 Jetta NevAr lose edition with 5 speed manuél
      For fun: 2000 Camaro SS 6spd, 2000 Honda CBR600F4

7. 05-17-2017 10:10 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by bob570 View Post
      They don't compromise their vehicles to do so though, and part of the reason their licensed goods do so well is because every car they make is special.
      Outside of the 458 and Laferrari, everything they make is forgettable.

8. Member
      05-17-2017 10:37 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by tejlab View Post

Almost everything they've made in recent years has been​ really really good.
      First car: 1997 Jetta GT 2.0 with a slushbox
      Winter: 2004 Stage 2 Jetta NevAr lose edition with 5 speed manuél
      For fun: 2000 Camaro SS 6spd, 2000 Honda CBR600F4

9. 05-17-2017 11:30 PM #58

F12? Lusso aka FF?, California?? no Ferrari Model is Forgettable... Only its trims/Special editions are.

10. Member
      Cars
      14 Fiesta ST, 92 Miata
      05-18-2017 12:07 AM #59
      Uh the problem with the challenger isn't that it doesn't look aggressive enough it's that it weighs more than the titanic while being almost comparable in size...
      Fiesta ST Loaded 6MT//91 Miata Track-car 5MT

Cars
      Logitech G29
      05-18-2017 12:13 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by bob570 View Post
      The California was built almost entirely to be a softer car that would increase sales with the female demo, and as far as the FF goes, go to Italian and/or Ferrari specific meets, or high end C&Cs, and you won't find a single one. Ferrari has chased volume more than ever in recent years which does absolutely mean that not every Ferrari is really *that* special anymore. Not saying I'd kick these cars out of bed, but to say they haven't ever compromised a vehicle to chase sales just isn't the truth.

Cars
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      05-18-2017 12:31 AM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by Tomaz View Post
      F12? Lusso aka FF?, California?? no Ferrari Model is Forgettable... Only its trims/Special editions are.
      California is pretty damn ugly if you take off the prancing horse badges, however it's true you don't forget it I guess, then again you don't forget the Aztek either.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

13. 05-18-2017 01:11 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
      The California was built almost entirely to be a softer car that would increase sales with the female demo, and as far as the FF goes, go to Italian and/or Ferrari specific meets, or high end C&Cs, and you won't find a single one. Ferrari has chased volume more than ever in recent years which does absolutely mean that not every Ferrari is really *that* special anymore. Not saying I'd kick these cars out of bed, but to say they haven't ever compromised a vehicle to chase sales just isn't the truth.
      Chasing Volume?? in the 1st 5 months of 2016, Ferrari sold a total of 960 cars? compare that to Maserati's 4,261 cars around the same time period.

Cars
      2011 GTI 2dr 6M, 2014 JKU
      05-18-2017 02:37 AM #63
      Chasing Volume?? in the 1st 5 months of 2016, Ferrari sold a total of 960 cars? compare that to Maserati's 4,261 cars around the same time period.
      They have like a two year wait list. I don't think they're chasing volume, if anything they're just trying to maximize profit per unit.

The F12 is an awesome ride.
      The OG Russells is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      I'm sure a lot of these guys went home after the carwash and played a little hans solo.

Cars
      rare Volvo s40 t5 6m awd, very rare Accord 6-6 sedan, Montego blue 5M LSD NA.
      05-18-2017 02:44 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      Given the sheer number of threads OP has posted with tacky gaudy crap, I'm just gonna say "nah."

Maserati is a luxury sedan brand, albeit a lower volume one. McLaren would be a proper comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by squelchy451 View Post
      The problem I have with car buyers nowadays is that they're just so damn obsessed with "how aggressive it looks".
      What happened to looking the part? What happened to sensible designs?

Do we need all these creases and angry headlights everywhere? I see mk7 GTI guys putting color-matched eyelids on their headlights to make it more aggressive. Every iteration of the design has been more and more aggressive and angular.
      I agree. Firstly, the Challenger doesn't look benign at all , secondly, some people want a more subdued looking performance sedan/coupe: I never understood all of the hate towards the SS because it wasn't flashy (neither was an E Class AMG). At least it didn't have a ridiculously tiny greenhouse and looked like a Hot-wheels car like the 5th gen Camaro.
      Typical forum guy with busted third-hand cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiyokix View Post
      I like this guy, I like this guy a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

Cars
      '01 BMW 740i Sport, '05 330ci ZHP, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      05-18-2017 09:20 AM #65
      All of you posting about the car being physically too big are obviously too young to remember the era of real musclecars with big blocks. I'm not talking about the original Challenger, Mustang, or Camaro, but Chevelle SSs, original Chargers and Super Bees, Impala SS, Galaxie 500s, Pontiac Judges, etc. All much larger dimensionally then the new Challenger. It's not supposed to be GTI or Civic (both of which are much larger than THEIR original versions as well)

"Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      05-18-2017 09:28 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      All of you posting about the car being physically too big are obviously too young to remember the era of real musclecars with big blocks. I'm not talking about the original Challenger, Mustang, or Camaro, but Chevelle SSs, original Chargers and Super Bees, Impala SS, Galaxie 500s, Pontiac Judges, etc. All much larger dimensionally then the new Challenger. It's not supposed to be GTI or Civic (both of which are much larger than THEIR original versions as well)

another example in agreement.

Muh cahs: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlarry View Post
      Mine was white, and I sprayed on the BRG with a rattle can. "Instant Lotus Cortina!"
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ighlight=lotus

Cars
      www.speed-driven.com
      05-18-2017 09:30 AM #67
      Here we go. Obviously these are just sketches.. but something similar to this would be awesome.

Speed-Driven Wallpapers: http://www.speed-driven.com

19. Member
      Cars
      1966 Corvair | 2010 Mazda5 | 2002 Chevy 2500HD | 2017 Chevy SS
      05-18-2017 09:40 AM #68
      Those look awesome in sketch form, but in real life people would complain for the same reasons as the Camaro - can't see out, no back seat room, etc. A lot of current Challenger buyers appreciate the usable interior dimensions and visibility compared to the Camaro and Mustang. If you give that up, you give up a key conquest point over the more overtly 'sporty' pony cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by sosumi on the B6 S4 V8
      It sounds like a giant shotgun and then like a bunch of ground up Yugo's in a cement mixer followed by weeks of silence interspersed by wails from the owner.

Cars
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      05-18-2017 09:48 AM #69
      What's the word on the street re: next gen Challenger? Complete redesign or evolution?

05-18-2017 11:13 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post
      Does it really matter when its got the best sounding V8 of the 3? I mean, I actually drive not look at pictures all day.

the GT350 would like to have a word with you...

https://youtu.be/UOm8S_rE7rY
      Last edited by newusername; 05-19-2017 at 07:24 AM.
      the user formerly known as al@absolute
      17 F350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB | 17 Explorer Sport | 87 Buick Regal GN | 14 Mustang GT | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 16 Kawasaki Mule Pro-Fxt

Cars
      '81 Sportruck, '82 Jetta Diesel
      05-18-2017 11:57 AM #71
      The Challenger is for Baby Boomers who can no longer fit in a Corvette, and dislike the boy-racerishness of the other Ponies. Brightly colored throwback cars with all the kitsch, but also big and comfortable, drives like an SUV.

All of the looks, none of the compromise. Plus, they can remember the original, and lusted after it.

As for the replacement, I don't think there is one on the horizon. I know right around the FCA merger, there was talk of bringing back the Barracuda name (I know, Plymouth no longer exists) on the Giuilia platform with a turbocharged V6.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...18-109157.html
      DCIVW
      CE.

Cars
      UberBlack
      05-18-2017 12:00 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      The Challenger is just the fat chick who gives really good head.

You don't want your friends to know you like that big ol thang.
      Eh I'm pretty open about that type of thing.

Cars
      UberBlack
      05-18-2017 12:02 PM #73
      I'm sorry for your disability.

Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      05-18-2017 12:22 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by dubdaze68 View Post
      The Challenger is for Baby Boomers who can no longer fit in a Corvette, and dislike the boy-racerishness of the other Ponies. Brightly colored throwback cars with all the kitsch, but also big and comfortable, drives like an SUV.

All of the looks, none of the compromise. Plus, they can remember the original, and lusted after it.

As for the replacement, I don't think there is one on the horizon. I know right around the FCA merger, there was talk of bringing back the Barracuda name (I know, Plymouth no longer exists) on the Giuilia platform with a turbocharged V6.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...18-109157.html

Nope, I see way more people in their late 20's-early 30's driving Challengers. I've only ever seen a few old guys driving them...and NO I'm not a baby-boomer.

Giulia based 'Cuda would be cool.
      Muh cahs: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlarry View Post
      Mine was white, and I sprayed on the BRG with a rattle can. "Instant Lotus Cortina!"
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ighlight=lotus

Cars
      German Vans and sporty British stuff
      05-18-2017 12:50 PM #75
      How does everybody feel about the 300's styling?

http://jalopnik.com/what-the-hell-is...-do-1795333944

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast