Fourtitude.com - The problem with the Dodge Challenger.. is it doesn't look aggressive enough
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. 40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar
      Cars
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      05-16-2017 09:32 PM #26
      I may be in the minority here but I prefer the older tail lights in day or night.
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      Cars
      Hopes and Dreams
      05-16-2017 11:58 PM #27
      The car itself is very big. Like the trunk is almost at neck, haha not really but you get the point. They should really lower it an inch in stock form.

4. 05-17-2017 12:06 AM #28
      The Challenger is my favorite muscle car, it has this clean classic look to it that the others lack. The Mustang and Camaro especially look like cartoon characters.

Cars
      E46 320, MK IV GTI
      05-17-2017 12:41 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      FIFY

This is not embarrassing enough. Needs more American.

6. Member
      Cars
      2009 BMW 328i xDrive Wagon 6MT
      05-17-2017 07:01 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by tejlab View Post
      The Challenger is my favorite muscle car, it has this clean classic look to it that the others lack. The Mustang and Camaro especially look like cartoon characters.
      The Challenger is the best looking of the pony cars for sure. It's one of the few instances where the designers showed restraint and it came out awesome.

I'd never own a Challenger though, because FCA.

Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      05-17-2017 07:50 AM #31
      I've loved the looks of a Challenger/Cuda since I was a kid. There's a guy in my town that is a huge mopar fan & he bought up a bunch of them when people were bailing on them in the '70s during the fuel crisis. H3ll he even has a museum now in Conway/Myrtle Beach SC. I used to see him driving these Challenger's, Cuda's & other mopars btw around back in the day & always though it would be cool to have a Challenger/Cuda. They have many shortcomings, but I like the fact that they were styled to look so much like the originals. my $.02
      Muh cahs: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlarry View Post
      Mine was white, and I sprayed on the BRG with a rattle can. "Instant Lotus Cortina!"
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ighlight=lotus

Cars
      German Vans and sporty British stuff
      05-17-2017 07:51 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by BetterByDesign View Post
      This is not embarrassing enough. Needs more American.

Cars
      2013 Charger R/T Road & Track, 2015 Mini Cooper S 4Dr
      05-17-2017 08:02 AM #33
      Given the sheer number of threads OP has posted with tacky gaudy crap, I'm just gonna say "nah."

10. 05-17-2017 08:02 AM #34
      Every Scatpack and higher trim has always looked aggressive to me. It's not over the world like the Mustang and Camaro, but that is not a bad thing.

Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      05-17-2017 08:23 AM #35
      one more thing, I actually don't like the fender flares on the demon...overkill maybe?
      Muh cahs: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Mine was white, and I sprayed on the BRG with a rattle can. "Instant Lotus Cortina!"

Cars
      2011 128i
      05-17-2017 09:00 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by westopher View Post
      If you want to spend a bunch of money for something to look at, buy a painting. I'll happily drive my car til its worth nothing.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Since my presence has been requested, Beetlejuice-style, I'll address the current controversy:
      Yes, the Prius is the greatest car ever made.

Cars
      '81 Sportruck, '82 Jetta Diesel
      05-17-2017 09:14 AM #37
      I love the Challenger, but you have to have a caveat when you talk about it, and it is that the car is over a decade old, on a platform that is even older than that. The Mustang has gone through several revisions since then, and the Camaro was a cobbled together show car with fake gauges and hastily done clay features when the Challenger was unveiled at the NAIAS in basically production-ready form.

Hell, Chrysler has gone through three OWNERS since the Challenger was unveiled. At this point, it telegraphs two different things: The 1970 Challenger, in all of it's styling, and the May era of retro design.
      DCIVW
      CE.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      05-17-2017 09:30 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by andlf View Post
      one more thing, I actually don't like the fender flares on the demon...overkill maybe?
      How else were they going to fit the wheels and tires?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Cars
      '15 STI & '16 R
      05-17-2017 09:44 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by s2kvondeutschland View Post
      Sorry, the Challenger is the best looking of the 3, and the best BY FAR to drive.

YMMV.
      When did you drive a Demon?

Cars
      '63 VW Bug, Chevy Camaro 2SS, VW Atlas
      05-17-2017 09:49 AM #40
      The Challenger has stuck to its guns and kept its design planted firmly in the classic muscle lines that made it popular to begin with. I love it.
      The Camaro and Mustang have take steps to boy-racer-hood. THAT SAID, I own a '16 222 Camaro
      Have a on me...

Cars
      1987 Golf GT (Garaged), 2015 GTI (Daily)
      05-17-2017 09:54 AM #41
      No matter how good it looks right now, somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with one...
      - 15' GTI: S | 2DR | 6MT | CSG | APR 2+ | APR DP/Intake/Inlet-Pipe | RSR Clutch | GFB DV+ | CTS Turbo Inlet Elbow| CTS Throttle Pipe | Neuspeed TDK | BFI Clean Catch Can | ECS Bleeder Block | Clutch Spring Mod | BFI S1 Mounts | F1 30% | deautokey LEDs | OEM Splash Guards | Soundaktor Delete | PLS Delete
      - 87' Golf GT: 2DR | 5MT | Black | OEM+ | Family owned and operated since 1986

Cars
      05-17-2017 10:06 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      How else were they going to fit the wheels and tires?
      ...flare the actual quarters. edit: instead of the tacked on look.

Cars
      '88 Audi 90 2.0 20V HX35 | '94 Audi 90 V8 | 1978 GMC High Sierra
      05-17-2017 10:06 AM #43
      Sure its a bit bloated, but its better than the stang/camaro. They look like a matchbox car, not in a good way.

Cars
      '15 STI & '16 R
      05-17-2017 10:10 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      Given the sheer number of threads OP has posted with tacky gaudy crap, I'm just gonna say "nah."
      Lol, no joke.

Cars
      2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring, 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 50th Anniversary Edition
      05-17-2017 10:11 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Not looking aggressive/badass enough is the least of the Challenger's problems.
      Agreed. What is more concerning is it is fat and old.
      You think you hate it now, but wait 'til you drive it.

22. 05-17-2017 10:54 AM #46
      The problem I have with car buyers nowadays is that they're just so damn obsessed with "how aggressive it looks".
      What happened to looking the part? What happened to sensible designs?

Do we need all these creases and angry headlights everywhere? I see mk7 GTI guys putting color-matched eyelids on their headlights to make it more aggressive. Every iteration of the design has been more and more aggressive and angular.

Car manufacturers are a business--they can't ignore market trends and they have to pander to the customers' desires every so often. Porsche sells more SUV than road cars, because soccer moms love sporty SUVs. Ferrari chose not to go down that route because they didn't want to whore themselves to the masses. I get why car designs are what they are now, but I think the Challenger strikes a good balance between subtlety and aggressiveness.

23. 05-17-2017 11:16 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      The grill and headlights are fantastic, but the car is too narrow and too tall, particularly in the rear. From some angles, it just looks silly.
      This. Although some pictures look really really good, in person I just find the whole car just too fat looking. It looks really really heavy. Why do looks matter? Well - would you drive a car that looks like a minivan but does 9s 1/4 miles? (not saying the Challenger looks like a minivan, I'm using hyperbole).

Looks aside, in reality - it *IS* a huge car. It's too long and too wide and the tires are too skinny. Surprisingly the rear seats are not very roomy either. If you compare with the dimensions of a Mustang with similar amount of rear seat legroom, why is the Challenger so small? Answer: because a lot of the length is taken up by that ridiculously long trunk! Why does the trunk have to be so huge?

I just can't imagine having to live with this car every day. I'd be concerned with door dings and parking accidents because it takes up so much space.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      05-17-2017 11:23 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by supesgolfr View Post
      Why do looks matter? Well - would you drive a car that looks like a minivan but does 9s 1/4 miles?
      I would definitely drive a minivan that did 9s 1/4 miles.
      I would even drive one that does 12s 1/4 miles or even 17s.
      But then again I understand the benefits of minivans and do not look at them in a negative light like most children.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Cars
      135i, Z4si, A6
      05-17-2017 11:35 AM #49
      It looks obese, like most of the people I see driving them.

Cars
      '81 Sportruck, '82 Jetta Diesel
      05-17-2017 02:02 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      I may be in the minority here but I prefer the older tail lights in day or night.
      Agreed. Same with Camaro.
      DCIVW
      CE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast