Fourtitude.com - Starting up an S3 Rebuild Project; Would like to share!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 04-21-2017 06:48 AM #1
      Hey guys, I have been on this forum a while, and have owned a handful of different VWs and Audis. Recently, I saw this Audi S3 for sale online at an insurance auction and I thought it would make for a great rebuild project. I just wanted to share with all of you and will be making continual update videos on this car. I also preview my Jetta GLI that has been a total money pit of a rebuild (I also plan to make some videos on it). Check it out!

https://youtu.be/-fHxk9aEaLA
      Last edited by Samcrac; 04-21-2017 at 06:57 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
    3. 04-21-2017 09:28 AM #2
      Curious how much you got yourself into. I purchased a salvage FRS right when they released. Paid a pretty penny and with shipping from cali to ohio it wasn't cheap. I ended up repairing a lot of it but sold it for more then what I paid even with some repair costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 04-21-2017 10:41 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Somejace View Post
      Curious how much you got yourself into. I purchased a salvage FRS right when they released. Paid a pretty penny and with shipping from cali to ohio it wasn't cheap. I ended up repairing a lot of it but sold it for more then what I paid even with some repair costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes, everyone thinks these cars cost nothing. The reality is, they cost a good amount, however it will be substantially less than a clean title one with the same amount of miles (hint 10k+ less). It will obviously still bear a salvage title, which makes is worth less, but not worthless.

The damage was fairly simple on this S3 and I will be doing a video going through all the costs soon, so please stay tuned.

5. 04-22-2017 04:38 PM #4
      Great video. What are the end plans with the car? Do you plan on just repairing and selling it, or perhaps doing a build to make it more track fun, etc etc. With one fender damaged it looks like a great opportunity to add wider RS3 fenders, etc.

6. 04-22-2017 09:20 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by rex_racer View Post
      Great video. What are the end plans with the car? Do you plan on just repairing and selling it, or perhaps doing a build to make it more track fun, etc etc. With one fender damaged it looks like a great opportunity to add wider RS3 fenders, etc.
      I plan on getting it road worthy first. I really think I'll like this car, so I plan to make it my daily if the case. I will install a downpipe and tune at first, don't know how far it will go from there.

Buying these cars to resell can work but there is a lot of time involved, so I don't usually look for cars to flip, more interested in cars to enjoy