Fourtitude.com - MIB II SiriusXM "Acquiring Signal"
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2015 GTI Autobahn PP MT
      03-30-2017 06:35 PM #1
      My new MIB II system continues to show "Acquiring signal" on the SiriusXM band when it is first turned on, even though it receives SXM channels with no problems. While the message is displayed, the volume control is also inoperable.

I can remove the message and restore normal operation by switching from SXM to FM, to AM and back to SXM. The "Acquiring signal" message then disappears and all is well until the next time the MIB II is turned on, then it starts again. This is not a reception problem - reception of all SXM channels is good - and not an activation problem - SXM has reactivated my unit multiple times and sees no problem on their end.

Has anyone else seen the recurrent "Acquiring signal" message on their MIB II system? Any solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.
      Last edited by JWadle; 03-30-2017 at 06:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      Cars
      2016 GTI Autobahn/PP/DSG/LP
      03-31-2017 08:42 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by JWadle View Post
      My new MIB II system continues to show "Acquiring signal" on the SiriusXM band when it is first turned on, even though it receives SXM channels with no problems. While the message is displayed, the volume control is also inoperable.

I can remove the message and restore normal operation by switching from SXM to FM, to AM and back to SXM. The "Acquiring signal" message then disappears and all is well until the next time the MIB II is turned on, then it starts again. This is not a reception problem - reception of all SXM channels is good - and not an activation problem - SXM has reactivated my unit multiple times and sees no problem on their end.

Has anyone else seen the recurrent "Acquiring signal" message on their MIB II system? Any solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.
      I see that message occasionally when under overpasses or in parking garages for an extended time. Once in a blue moon I will see it in heavily forested areas. All attributed to signal loss due to obstruction.
      What's causing your problem, I don't know.
      Perhaps check the connections between the antenna and the XM/head-unit.
      Slap a VAG-COM on and see if there are any codes throwing on the infotainment system.

Cars
      2016 Golf R, 2003 MR2 Spyder, 2001 VR6 GTI
      04-02-2017 12:03 AM #3
      I had this issue with my MIB II among other issues. Ended up getting the 'brain' in the glovebox replaced and I've never seen it happen since.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cars
      2015 GTI Autobahn PP MT
      05-19-2017 01:57 PM #4
      Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks