Fourtitude.com - Auto reverse cassette craziness
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

03-20-2017 06:49 AM #1
      Wow, that is some crazy tape flippin' goin' on

And it was during the 70s.

But who could forget that crazy Nakamichi cassette deck back in the day featured in the film 9 1/2 Weeks Back then I thought that was the dopest thing I've ever seen

I remember during the 80s, I was shopping for a boom box and the main requirement was that the cassette controls had to be auto reverse (of course) and full logic. Same thing with car stereos. I had a Sony car cassette deck and the full logic control was very convenient. If you want to hear, let's say the 3rd track, just tap the FF button 3X and the deck would just wind the tape until it heard 3 blank spaces then it resumed playing.

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      Cars
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      03-21-2017 06:51 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Wow, that is some crazy tape flippin' goin' on

And it was during the 70s.

But who could forget that crazy Nakamichi cassette deck back in the day featured in the film 9 1/2 Weeks Back then I thought that was the dopest thing I've ever seen

I remember during the 80s, I was shopping for a boom box and the main requirement was that the cassette controls had to be auto reverse (of course) and full logic. Same thing with car stereos. I had a Sony car cassette deck and the full logic control was very convenient. If you want to hear, let's say the 3rd track, just tap the FF button 3X and the deck would just wind the tape until it heard 3 blank spaces then it resumed playing.
      I remember my family getting an Aiwa stereo system with that feature. thought it was legit.

04-03-2017 09:39 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      I remember my family getting an Aiwa stereo system with that feature. thought it was legit.
      I currently have that Nakamichi deck on my stereo rack. I have the RX505. Common issue is that over time the door doesn't always recess into the body of the deck upon closure, you can see the example of this in the video. Because its a plastic door it flexes and looses its alignment after a while which leads to it getting caught on the body.