Fourtitude.com - Threading Issue
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: Threading Issue

1. Junior Member
      Cars
      Current: '90 Golf VR6 - '10 Golf 2.5L - '82 Westfalia IDI. Sold: '95 GLX - '93 B3 IDI - '02 GLI
      03-19-2017 08:14 PM #1
      I know this is the manual transmission forum but you guys are super knowledgeable and experienced so please bare with me; I will glady take any advice passed my way.

Finishing up a timing job and securing the new remaned torque converter when one of the studs is not threaded properly. 5of6 nuts secured properly but the last will not thread down. Do I have to take the whole thing apart? Or is there a way to secure the bolt without removing the transmission?

Thanks Friends!

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      Cars
      93' mk3 VR6 Jetta, 99' MK3 2.0 ABA Jetta
      03-20-2017 12:01 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by adam_schwarz View Post
      I know this is the manual transmission forum but you guys are super knowledgeable and experienced so please bare with me; I will glady take any advice passed my way.

Finishing up a timing job and securing the new remaned torque converter when one of the studs is not threaded properly. 5of6 nuts secured properly but the last will not thread down. Do I have to take the whole thing apart? Or is there a way to secure the bolt without removing the transmission?

Thanks Friends!
      Are the threads dirty or the end of the bolt slightly stripped?

4. Junior Member
      Cars
      Current: '90 Golf VR6 - '10 Golf 2.5L - '82 Westfalia IDI. Sold: '95 GLX - '93 B3 IDI - '02 GLI
      03-20-2017 04:00 PM #3
      Clean. The TC is remaned so it's clean. Just the tip is not threaded properly. I inspected the studs before I used it to try and prevent this problem but I should have tried to use the nuts instead. Someone on another former suggested a female chaser nut.

04-02-2017 09:59 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by adam_schwarz View Post
      Clean. The TC is remaned so it's clean. Just the tip is not threaded properly. I inspected the studs before I used it to try and prevent this problem but I should have tried to use the nuts instead. Someone on another former suggested a female chaser nut.
      So what was the solution?