Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
      Cars
      '17 Subaru Legacy Sport
      03-20-2017 06:02 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      Looking good.

I wish the Sport came with Xenons (yea I know, halogens are projectors), and I wish the Passat R Line came with dual exhaust and fog lights.

Honestly I just wish the "sporty" trim level all manufacturers are offering now in this segment was just an option package you could add to any trim. Then again, less of a problem for Honda since the touring looks exactly the same as the sport + LED headlights.
      The midsize segment is highly competitive and price-sensitive, so most automakers are reducing options combinations to make their design and manufacturing more efficient. This is especially true with Honda, which doesn't really offer standalone options per se. Rather, for the most part they offer fixed trim levels (LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Touring). The only real choices are transmission, Sensing, and I-4 vs V6 on the EX-L and above.

In contrast, look at a Porsche options list and it will make your head spin with all of the possible permutations...
      =

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
      Cars
      A Mexican made German car and an American made Japanese van
      03-20-2017 06:04 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post
      The difference is sail panel tweeters, that's all. Same wattage, components, etc. Just a matter of ordering the sail panels and Alpine branded tweeters and running the wiring to the door speaker. Parts are on order.
      Hopefully that fixes the problem. The stereo in ours which was the premium blah blah blah with the sub sounded like ****. Hell even the stereo in the van sucks.
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Rabbit, I'd love your meat.
      Reported.
      WE ARE FARMERS #5

Cars
      Civics
      03-20-2017 06:30 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Honda banks on the car driving for 30yrs versus the stereo working. Priorities. This car is a value proposition for Honda people that want the V6 look without the V6 power and goodies. It's the new Value Package or Special Edition that Honda has been building since 1997.

VW banked on soft touch plastics and a bunch of other stuff that looks good on a showroom floor.

Cars
      '17 Accord Sport SE 6MT & '12 Honda Pilot EX-L Family Truckster
      03-20-2017 11:02 PM #154
      Already started...added a Homelink/auto dim mirror. And while I had the overhead console out I ran a jumper wire to the dome light so the map lights come on with the door.

Last edited by GolfTango; 03-21-2017 at 12:08 AM.

6. 03-20-2017 11:04 PM #155
      Did you by chance drive an Optima too? I am considering both. Will probably do test drives next week. The Accord I will hunt for, if I choose it, will be an exact copy of yours. Also considering the Optima with 1.6T/DSG and value (leather and doodads) package. Pricing for both will be pretty similar.

Cars
      13 Elantra
      03-20-2017 11:13 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by 8th Gear View Post
      Did you by chance drive an Optima too? I am considering both. Will probably do test drives next week. The Accord I will hunt for, if I choose it, will be an exact copy of yours. Also considering the Optima with 1.6T/DSG and value (leather and doodads) package. Pricing for both will be pretty similar.
      The Optima is more of an appliance. Fantastic content value but lifeless steering and dull throttle response.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Cars
      03-21-2017 12:16 AM #157
      I just spent a week in a 16 Optima. It was rental spec, so in LX guise, but I liked it. Good infotainment interface, quite comfortable ride, not a squeak or buzz. My only gripe was the throttle, almost on/off button like. All in all, it was an a to b appliance, but a very acceptable appliance.

The Accord Sport feels a bit more old school than the Optima with its tech, but the styling is leaps and bounds ahead. And the Accord has soul where the Optima is just a car.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 03-21-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Cars
      A Mexican made German car and an American made Japanese van
      03-21-2017 06:41 AM #158
      Already started...added a Homelink/auto dim mirror. And while I had the overhead console out I ran a jumper wire to the dome light so the map lights come on with the door.

. Not wasting anytime. What else do you have planned? I'm not sure if that video you posted a couple of pages ago was a joke or not.
      Rabbit, I'd love your meat.
      Reported.
      WE ARE FARMERS #5

Cars
      03-21-2017 07:14 AM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by dh71704 View Post
      . Not wasting anytime. What else do you have planned? I'm not sure if that video you posted a couple of pages ago was a joke or not.
      Yeah rest assured that was a joke. My only other plans are adding the OE front sail panel tweeters and possibly a Soundsteam or Basslink under seat sub.

Cars
      KTM, Honda
      03-21-2017 07:44 AM #160
      and possibly a Soundsteam or Basslink under seat sub.
      Make sure you bypass the ANC system. Otherwise you will get a very loud booming sound on acceleration. Just a heads up (if the Sport is equipped anyways)

Cars
      03-21-2017 01:03 PM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Make sure you bypass the ANC system. Otherwise you will get a very loud booming sound on acceleration. Just a heads up (if the Sport is equipped anyways)
      Duly noted.

Cars
      2003 Jetta 1.8t
      03-21-2017 01:31 PM #162
      Gah that looks good. Man.

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      03-21-2017 01:33 PM #163
      That thing ain't no compact!
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Cars
      03-21-2017 02:42 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      That thing ain't no compact!

It's on the bottom level where no one parks - usually where the car guys park away from everyone else.

Cars
      '14 WRB Frontier, '97 M3, '92 GTI project
      03-21-2017 03:34 PM #165
      The snazz berries taste like snazz berries!

While I'm not a fan of the refreshed 9th gens, the Sport SE does make up for it. Looks like a nice bit of kit, especially for the $

Cars
      03-25-2017 08:49 AM #166
      So this is where the 9.5 gen Sport styling came from!

Even the red stitching!

Cars
      2011 135i, 2009 GTI, 2007 CR-V
      03-25-2017 09:13 AM #167
      I just spent a week in a 16 Optima. It was rental spec, so in LX guise, but I liked it. Good infotainment interface, quite comfortable ride, not a squeak or buzz. My only gripe was the throttle, almost on/off button like. All in all, it was an a to b appliance, but a very acceptable appliance.

The Accord Sport feels a bit more old school than the Optima with its tech, but the styling is leaps and bounds ahead. And the Accord has soul where the Optima is just a car.

19. 03-26-2017 12:48 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by BUJonathan View Post
      The midsize segment is highly competitive and price-sensitive, so most automakers are reducing

In contrast, look at a Porsche options list and it will make your head spin with all of the possible permutations...
      Id say the ford fusion is the porsche of midsize mom n pop sedans. S, SE, HYBRID, TITANIUM,PLATINUM, SPORT 2.5L 2.0L Ecoboast 2.7TT Ecoboast. Blis, non blis terracotta inter, red interior, black interior, ivory interior. Pre refresh they even offered a 6 speed manual.

I drove a weirdly optioned loaner fusion that has base 2.5l duratec with myfordsucks , didnt know mft was available as a standalone on a stripped rental spec car

20. Member
      Cars
      2016 Charger R/T, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2001 Jetta VR6 5MT
      03-26-2017 04:22 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Id say the ford fusion is the porsche of midsize mom n pop sedans. S, SE, HYBRID, TITANIUM,PLATINUM, SPORT 2.5L 2.0L Ecoboast 2.7TT Ecoboast. Blis, non blis terracotta inter, red interior, black interior, ivory interior. Pre refresh they even offered a 6 speed manual.

I drove a weirdly optioned loaner fusion that has base 2.5l duratec with myfordsucks , didnt know mft was available as a standalone on a stripped rental spec car
      I mean you can get carplay and a reverse cam on a $9,000 Spark so...

Cars
      06 4runner, 85 gti
      03-26-2017 05:56 PM #170
      Nice looking Accord bud! I prefer the bright blue color, but the red looks nice as well. I think the Sport trim is the best bang for buck.

Cars
      03-26-2017 10:43 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Hatch View Post
      Nice looking Accord bud! I prefer the bright blue color, but the red looks nice as well. I think the Sport trim is the best bang for buck.
      Thanks!

You can only get the Sport SE 6MT in San Marino, Crystal Black, Modern Steel and White Orchard.

I'm thinking the chrome beak would look great wrapped in gloss black like this:

Cars
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      03-27-2017 12:38 AM #172
      Yes it would.
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

Cars
      Ghetto35
      03-27-2017 07:20 AM #173
      Thanks!

I'm thinking the chrome beak would look great wrapped in gloss black like this:
      Heh. You're doing the exact things that I did to my old Sport. Homelink rear mirror, tweeters (wasn't worth it for me), and wrapping the chrome grille in black. Next up: coupe rear sway bar.

25. 03-28-2017 11:14 PM #174
      Well, went for test drives this week. The two Kia dealers I went to didn't have a 1.6T on the lot, said they don't sell - odd to me since it seems like the best engine/trans combo they offer on paper. Test drove a TLX, felt cramped. Ditto on the M35. Hated the CVT in the Legacy.

Just came home from the dealer. The Accord felt right, like home - easily accommodating my 6'5" frame. Could be because I currently drive a Pilot, but ergonomics were great. Took them 20 minutes to dig the manual out of the lot, perhaps not their biggest seller ? Transmission was tight, crisp, and the clutch had good feel. Engine was more powerful than I expected. Fuel will be a big upgrade over the pilot. Turned in nicely, drove nice on smooth pavement - took an extended drive to try and find some broken pavement, but didn't have much luck. How is it in soaking up the bumps? The stereo was not good- please update this thread after you do the tweeters. Overall, great car, looks good too.

I was left with the feeling, if I didn't get one now I will have missed my chance. Naturally aspirated with a smooth shifting 6sdp in a family sedan, without all the driver aids/doodads I prefer not to have? End of an era I think.

I Put an order on a Sport 6MT (Not SE). $21,700 + TTL. Seems like a lot of car for the cash. Of course, I needed it in Red and there is only 1 in the 7 state radius. So mine has an expected build date of 4/28. Can't wait.

Cars
      '17 Subaru Legacy Sport
      03-28-2017 11:38 PM #175
      Turned in nicely, drove nice on smooth pavement - took an extended drive to try and find some broken pavement, but didn't have much luck. How is it in soaking up the bumps? The stereo was not good- please update this thread after you do the tweeters. Overall, great car, looks good too.
      I was recently in the market for a more comfortable car to replace my 2012 Mazda3, and narrowed it down to the Accord Sport and Legacy Sport (and VW GTI... but that's another story). If you read the Accord forums, a lot of people complain about the ride. But once I actually drove it, I didn't think it was bad at all. I did find the Civic a tad more comfortable on broken pavement, but the Accord was overall smoother at high speeds. My test drive was pretty long, and included railroad tracks and typical Chicago pot-holed roads. Definitely more firmly damped than your average midsize sedan, but not uncomfortable. I'd describe it as BMW-like suspension tuning. In contrast, the Legacy feels like it has softer springs and more underdamped shocks.

I was left with the feeling, if I didn't get one now I will have missed my chance. Naturally aspirated with a smooth shifting 6sdp in a family sedan, without all the driver aids/doodads I prefer not to have? End of an era I think.
      I think the Sport looks gorgeous in San Marino Red or Lunar Silver. The CVT tuning and NVH were also better than the Legacy. I really wanted to like the car, but for me the artificially heavy steering at parking lot speeds killed it, and the seats were less comfortable than the Legacy. For the average enthusiast, these probably aren't deal breakers. Most will probably like the steering, in fact. It's a well designed car
      =

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast