Fourtitude.com - Philadelphia area, looking for a mechanic for a quick side job.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 02-07-2017 10:55 AM #1
      I am looking for a certified mechanic in the Philadelphia area with VW experience who is NOT employed by VW or any of it's affiliated companies and does not plan to work for them for at least the next few months.

I need you to be present for the teardown and "inspection" of a seized 2.0T engine. The teardown will be performed by the two companies I am suing to determine which one is responsible for the damaged engine -so I don't expect you to do the work, just to observe and be prepared to write a report about what you saw within a few weeks if I need the opinion of a third party.

Please message me if you are interested. I'll ask you to take a call form my lawyer to make sure you have the right credentials and no conflicts of interest.

It should take one day, maybe two. You will be compensated for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
    3. Semi-n00b
      Cars
      1986 VW Golf IDI Diesel made in PA., 337k miles.
      03-09-2017 11:03 PM #2
      Can you say a bit more about who the two companies are? It is not inviting to get into someone else's fight and you are asking for a person with multiple talents and some understandably needed limitations including a skilled, certified VW mechanic who can observe and write who is not and will not be employed by VW or a related entity. A smart person good at observation and a bit of experience with engines might do with or without assistance writing a report but such a person would not sound impressive to outsiders unless they had an outstanding, notable talent in some related area. A newspaper reporter who writes about autos might work if he/she felt comfortable with the task. A bit of priming with good mechanic could help your representative. A retired mechanical engineer or a mechanical engineering professor from a local college might work too. Good luck with your quest.
      Last edited by TinkerToy II; 03-09-2017 at 11:22 PM.