VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Engine management Options Turbo 2.0 8V

785 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mrkswthwrth 
#1 ·
Please could someone list as many engine management options for a 2.0 8v Turbo application. Chips, ecu's (aftermarket/interchangeable), anything. Prices, gains, drivability, the lot.

Please don't bother to tell me to looks through the forum, iv tried with no luck. I may be rubbish at searching and I take full responsibility. However PLEASE PLEAE Could some help or point me in the exact direct.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
What ecu do you have? Engine obd1 or obd2? Is it going to be a road legal build? What are your power goals? Budget?

Without any of those questions answered, i can't really give you a good answer. Assuming you're going street legal obd2 I'm going to say a C2 chip might be a step in the right direction. Under 300 bucks, give them your engine and turbo specs and they'll program a chip for you. Sets all emissions codes to "ready", has dozens of great reviews on vortex, And I believe c2 will also reflash a chip for cheap if you make changes down the road, or your AFR is no bueno.

Also, vortex search is poop, so try using Google instead. Way easier to find archived threads and such.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.