VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Boost Gauge Install

34K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  jacobkippenhuck10 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a vacuum hose to tap into for my boost gauge to get reading some boost. I have hooked up all the lighting for it and ran my vacuum line through the firewall. I just can't find where I can tap into. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Just did a quick search "CZTA boost tap location" and came across this video. Looks like they are using an adapter/spacer that goes under the MAP sensor. Not sure.if there will be a code thrown but it.looks like a clean install.

https://youtu.be/_O7c5Za_3aQ

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

#14 · (Edited)
Just wanted to update you guys regarding this. So I ordered the adapter and installed it. The install is a breeze (just slightly time consuming).

Here is the adapter installed..it sits right under the MAP sensor on the intake manifold:

What was sort of a pain was that the hose the gauge came with was a bit small compared to the adapter nipple. So I had to use a heat gun to soften the tube up to make it work. Thats the only thing that should be considered when installing this.

Running the hose was easy since I just followed the wire route for my audio system.

Took about 45 minutes as the wiring took some time since I had to grab some
spare wire to use as extensions. But it is complete.

I will more than likely go with the NSP vent pod but this will do for now.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I know that this is an old thread but for anyone coming across it looking to install a boost gauge I used the vacuum line next to the charge pipe to install mine. In the picture below there’s a diagram showing the one that I tapped into. I haven’t had any issues with it so far and it seems to be working fine. For the wiring I just tapped into the brown wire (ground) and blue/white (12v ignition) in the light switch wiring for my power and ground.

Attachments