VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Mk7 gti leaking moonroof??

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Frank@AntwerpenPerformance 
#1 ·
So i have discovered small amounts of water coming in through the reading light buttons beneath the controls for my moonroof. I figured plugged drains, opened it up. The only ones i could see were the 2 in the front corners. Both of them take tons of water with ease. Are there drains in the back corners of the gutter surround? If so, how do i get at them. I am also hearing a lot of loud squeaking when hitting bumps that tweak the body that sound like they are coming from the moonroof. Anyone have an experience like this, or know a fix?

#3 ·
i found out that if i just pop the sunroof up in the back even the slightest amount, that the squeaking\screeching noise stops. it almost sounds like rubber on glass. Anyone else having these issues? Leaking seems to have stopped. i didnt change anything, and as i said before, the drains are working fine.

#4 ·
So currently sitting in one of my techs bay is a 2017 gti with a leaky sunroof. We found the seal that goes around the sunroof from the factory had pinched and rolled inward which caused the sunroof not to seal. Per VW my tech was instructed to install a new seal. I hope this helps some if any. Good luck with your issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.