VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

GTA a4 1.8t Quattro Street/Race build

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vegeta Gti 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok boys...
Some of of you saw the Mk2 GTI 1.8t here and had a ton of fun with it. But after wrecking it at Road Atlanta last year. I decided to make the switch to a Quattro power plant. Main purpose is to run Global time attack, Gridlife TT and other Time Trails events in 2017. Lets Go!!!!!

Here's is link to build thread and video of wreck in case anyone wants to see it:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...d-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/page24

I Am now building an A4 Quattro to compete in GTA, Gridlife and some other Time Trials events:thumbup:

Engine/Tranny:
Stock Motor (for now )
Hx27w turbo(now converted to He221w )
bustom log manifold
Tail WG
Turbo Smart BOV
Turbo Smart MBC
CX intercooler
Custom Pipping
Eurosport oil cooler kit
sachcs stg 2 chutch
Powerflex black series race differential bushings :thumbup:
Jegs Oil catch can
034 track density Tranny mount
Aeromotime adjustable FPR
Summit racing stainless braided fuel lines
EV14 630cc injectors
034 fuel rail
Custom 3 inch turbo back

Suspension

Stasis Olhins Motorsports coilovers fully adjustable with external reservoirs (Sppring rates 600FT/1200R)
POWERFLEX BLACK RACE series bushings all around
034 Adjustable control arms
034 solid sway bar

Brakes
Porsche Cayenne turbo 6 piston calipers 18z
Ml55 350x32 rotors
Hawk race pads
Custom brake ducks

Wheel/Tires
18x8 TSW nurburgring Rotary Forged
will prob go with NT01s 245/35/18

Chassis
Fully Stripped body
Custom Aeropack
Splitter
side and rear diffusers
Sunroof Delete
stripped doors

not yet built:
Full race roll cage
wing

On to the pictures :
Comments, questions and advice are all welcome :thumbup:

The base !

And it starts a whole lot of cutting lol

See less See more
#2 ·
Fast FWD a few months and time to start fitting turbo kit from mk2

First thing is to modify the manifold

Update yall .
Fitting mk2 turbo kit. First thing was to modify the manifold :

Next was test fitting to start building exhaust

Next was repositioning the WG

I also removed AC and extra pulley I didn't need . Hopefully it'll free up some ponies

Stared building temporary bracket for the intercooler /oil cooler and got started on the plumbing

Next was upgrading the Old hX27w to a He221w with a bigger billet compressor wheel

As you can tell the old 27 was pretty beat up from hard track use . Can't believe it still pulled as well as it did . But on the first start , it finally blew the seals

Vs the new he221 . I had the compressor housing machined to except to larger compressor wheel

Reflect a gold tape for cooling

Some parts

Ev14 630s

And some really really exciting parts that I was able to source out for fairly inexpensive compared to the original price.

18z

Stasis Ohlins Motorsports Coils . Fully adjustable , external reservoirs (These things run 6 grand new ) Spring Rates are 600/1200 lbs

Thanks to my boy "Jonathan" from this forum POWERFLEX USA is sponsoring the car !!!
Man... I Am stocked to represent such a company. Look all the goodies they sent me. Amazing quality. All race grade with tons of testing and development engineering behind it. Can't wait to test these things in a short few weeks :cool::thumbup::thumbup:

Also extremely stoked for this relationship I'm building with :

MALONE TUNING has my back on the tunning . Man I love those guys . Awesome tunes , awesome costumer services, super friendly guys and top quality tunes . Be sure to call them for you next tune .

Base tune complete !!!! Car fired right up ! Malone tune FTW !!

Got a set of Used TSW Nurburgring ROTARY FORGED wheels . Got them for cheap wasn't too concerned about the looks. But instead ,strong an light wheels that could be tracked.

Hood duck cut but still lots to be done .

Time to start building Some Aero and brake ducks

#3 ·
Got some more work done today.
Ohlins are finally in !! [emoji1303] Tomorrow ,oil cooler , brake ducks and I'll start on on return style fuel conversion

wheels fit nicely over The 18z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.