VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

How do I know if I get what I paid for?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  serg01 
#1 ·
Hello,

I sent my car for a paint job and I paid 850 dollars, this is what he offered me

- He will use Glasurit.
- He said he will use 1 base coat, 3 coats of paint and 4 clear coats.
- Cost also include small body repairs.
- He stated he was going to finish the job within 2 weeks. He took 4.5 weeks but he only worked the last 3.5 days, the car was not worked before.
- He did not repaired one door he told me to come the next week, that door is not aligned and when I close it it scratch the paint and leave the metal visible.

So here is my question, I scratched the paint with the unaligned door and I can easily see the metal, does it means the layers of paint and coat are not those stated? I cannot see any thickness but something you can peal off with your finger nails.

I need help, this was suppose to be the highest expense I was going to do on my car after engine and I do not feel it was done good, but probably I am wrong and that's what you get for that amount of money.

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe should have gone the vinyl route? Idk.

2011 MK6 2 Door DSG UG | ECS Intake | COBB Stage 2 | COBB TBE | Full DeAuto LED/HID/Fog Kit | GFB DV+ | R8 RedTops | VW Door Logo Projectors | VagCom Mods | Hatch Pop | CTS Catch Can | Neuspeed Charge Pipe | CTS TOP | Eonon GA5153F Headunit | Full Kicker Audio | Alzor 081 18's

#3 ·
For $850 that would *almost* pay for the materials alone to properly respray a car.

Insert quote of 'buy once, cry once' / 'do it nice or do it twice' here.

Situations like this are all too common, sorry for your experience

#4 ·
$850 isn't very helpful without knowing how much of the car he painted. But with that being said it costs a few hundred bucks to have a bumper resprayed...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.