VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2017 Audi allroad --- in person!

11K views 66 replies 37 participants last post by  SCHWAB0 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nice looking interior while the exterior won't get a 2nd glance with all the other crossdressers out there.

#8 ·
Best looking B9. Reminds of the first gen q7. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Amazing looking car until I saw the price tag... then I fainted. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My poor self would probably have to stick to Octavia Scout instead. :thumbdown:

#18 · (Edited)
For an Audi, it's a very gimmicky design - the headlight remind me of a Scion tC's, and the taillights have the same awkward shape. And the front end includes too many hard lines, sharp creases, and straight lines. Not graceful or elegant, and not expensive-looking. But that's all B9 A4s, not just this.

#26 · (Edited)
We test drove the new 2017 Allroad and A4 yesterday. The Allroad is freaking awesome. The engine is really torquey, the DSG is programmed extremely well, it has launch control!, the car handles extremely well (for lifted a wagon), the exterior is gorgeous, the interior is gorgeous and the virtual cockpit is legitimately the coolest tech I've ever used in a car. You can get live Google Earth on the entire cluster with satellite imagery so you can actually see the real landmarks while you're driving. The sport seats are also really nice and that new steering wheel is reat in-hand. We loved everything about the interior and the console/dash controls. The writing with the MMI dial worked really well, even with my messy drawing, the button layouts for the radio/hvac control were great and it's awesome that they have a volume control knob right next to the MMI for the passenger to use.

The sales guy was really knowledgeable about the cars, inside and out, and he said the Allroad is the first Audi with the new Quattro system that's still full-time AWD with 50-something percent (I don't recall the exact number) of the power going to the rear at all times until it shifts it around up to 70% (iirc) front or rear. It can also detect when you're on the highway and don't need AWD and it decouples the rear wheels for increased gas mileage.

The A4 felt a little peppier and the exhaust sounded a little better but the Allroad just looks better on the outside and is absolutely the way we are leaning for my next car.

#27 ·
I think I want one of these with a APR tune and exhaust. That would be a sweet family car!

#31 ·
I drove the b9 a4 s line, and it is much more changed then the slight redesign would indicate. The virtual cockpit is so god damned sweet. Also the 252 HP is probably a bit underrated. It seriously boogies as compared to the 2.0t in the b8.

My ideal would be just the regular avant with s line package.

#37 ·
My B8.5 feels slow, but I think a lot of it is the transmission. The zf8 is so much more smoother than the DSG/Stronic it feels slower than it is going. My GLI's feel quicker than my A4, when in reality the A4 is quicker. The fact that the new A4's have the Stronic trans makes them so much more engaging and fun to drive over the B8's.

#32 ·
Very cool car, wish they had the regular wagon/avant here though. I decided to save $40k+ and get a used S6 Avant :D
Amazing part is how the allroad is 2x more fuel efficient and a bit quicker than the old 340hp V8 S6...good progress in the last 15 years!

#50 ·
jspirate: where are you in the state? just wondering
FWIW, I'd love to have a new Allroad, with the plastic painted body color...great power and economy compared with the older Audi avants.

#51 ·
Richmond. In the Arlington area you have some dealers that move bunches of cars. In fact, I made the roadtrip to Koons to buy my Tacoma. Its a base model and Koons beat the best price I could get in Richmond by 4%. When I showed the local dealer he said "damn, I can't touch that." It made me laugh when he said it :laugh:

When it comes time to buy, I will probably be back up there. It makes for a long day, but the savings are worth it!

#55 ·
That looks great Shome. I haven't seen the new Q5 yet but I'm willing to bet that wagon looks better. And I'm normally a wagon hater. Shame there's no V6 option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.