Fourtitude.com - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Spied
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 553
    1. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      14,711
      Cars
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      05-09-2016 10:48 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      That 300 HP turbo four might have saved the Dart and 200.
      It will be a hoot in the Renegade, Cherokee, and whatever replaces the Compass.
      I guess this will be their volume engine and replace the Pentastar V6 in everything?

    2. Remove Advertisements
      Fourtitude.com
      Advertisements
    3. Senior Member Ryukein's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      26,949
      Cars
      1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT, 1994 Miata R-Package
      05-09-2016 10:50 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      It will be a hoot in the Renegade, Cherokee, and whatever replaces the Compass.
      Even detuned it would be awesome in a Renegade.

      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      I guess this will be their volume engine and replace the Pentastar V6 in everything?
      I'm sure it'll find its way into the Pacifica.
      Last edited by Ryukein; 05-09-2016 at 10:55 AM.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

    4. Member TangoRed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      8,801
      05-09-2016 10:54 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      That 300 HP turbo four might have saved the Dart and 200.
      It will be a hoot in the Renegade, Cherokee, and whatever replaces the Compass.
      I guess this will be their volume engine and replace the Pentastar V6 in everything?
      It really wouldn't have. The Dart and 200 needed solid volume motors with the 9-speed calibrated right the first time around. And no, it won't replace the Pentastar V6 in everything.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

    5. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Posts
      44,517
      Cars
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-09-2016 11:01 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      That 300 HP turbo four might have saved the Dart and 200.
      It will be a hoot in the Renegade, Cherokee, and whatever replaces the Compass.
      I guess this will be their volume engine and replace the Pentastar V6 in everything?
      My feeling is the Dart and 200 weren't save-able. The sedan market is plateauing, and there's just too much excellent competition. I don't think Dart could do enough volume as a WRX competitor to justify continued production, as interesting as that idea is.

      My feeling is that this replaces the 3.2 Pentastar in Cherokee, will be the base engine for Wrangler, and will be the up-level engine for Compass. My first inclination is that Renegade gets the standard N/A Hurricane but not the turbo, but then I considered the possibility of a Renegade Trackhawk, so I dunno. And I'd guess the 3.6 Pentastar stays as base engine for Grand Cherokee, as well as Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. (And probably also Durango and Ram 1500.)

      I can also see the turbo Hurricane going into the Pacifica, the base 300 and Charger replacements, and the midsize Chrysler crossover.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-09-2016 at 11:04 AM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

      Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

    6. Member 01tj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2005
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      5,510
      Cars
      12 Ecoboosted Flex, 11 6-speed quad cab Frontier, recently sold02 330i, 09 Flex, 01 Wrangler
      05-09-2016 11:12 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      My feeling is the Dart and 200 weren't save-able. The sedan market is plateauing, and there's just too much excellent competition. I don't think Dart could do enough volume as a WRX competitor to justify continued production, as interesting as that idea is.

      My feeling is that this replaces the 3.2 Pentastar in Cherokee, will be the base engine for Wrangler, and will be the up-level engine for Compass. My first inclination is that Renegade gets the standard N/A Hurricane but not the turbo, but then I considered the possibility of a Renegade Trackhawk, so I dunno. And I'd guess the 3.6 Pentastar stays as base engine for Grand Cherokee, as well as Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. (And probably also Durango and Ram 1500.)

      I can also see the turbo Hurricane going into the Pacifica, the base 300 and Charger replacements, and the midsize Chrysler crossover.

      Without driving them I really don't see why the Dart and 200 get so much hate. I've sat in those as well as their domestic competition and they seemed nicer and looked better IMO

    7. Member Atl-Atl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2006
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      6,827
      Cars
      2008 Ram 2500
      05-09-2016 11:18 AM #106
      CEO Sergio Marchionne has hinted that the next-generation Wrangler would have an optional four-cylinder to go with its new eight-speed automatic transmission. That would provide a significant fuel economy increase over the current Wrangler's six-cylinder/five-speed automatic combination that yields just 17 mpg city/21 highway.

      My guess is the turbo 4 will net minimal gains in fuel mileage and everyone will be all pissy about it. Except for the people that got it for aftermarket power reasons.

    8. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Posts
      44,517
      Cars
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-09-2016 11:20 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
      Without driving them I really don't see why the Dart and 200 get so much hate. I've sat in those as well as their domestic competition and they seemed nicer and looked better IMO
      They're not bad cars at all. I liked the Dart a lot, actually. They're both easy B+, A- cars. But the problem is they're trying to get into Harvard. And the Accord is an A+ car that also is a concert cellist who mentors orphaned inner-city children.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

      Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

    9. Member 01tj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2005
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      5,510
      Cars
      12 Ecoboosted Flex, 11 6-speed quad cab Frontier, recently sold02 330i, 09 Flex, 01 Wrangler
      05-09-2016 11:44 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Atl-Atl View Post
      My guess is the turbo 4 will net minimal gains in fuel mileage and everyone will be all pissy about it. Except for the people that got it for aftermarket power reasons.
      Any change they make in the Wrangler will cause some commotion in the Jeep communities. I like the idea of the turbo 4 and I could see it getting a decent bump in mpg's if driven conservatively especially around town.

    10. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      33,042
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      05-09-2016 12:04 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      They're not bad cars at all. I liked the Dart a lot, actually. They're both easy B+, A- cars. But the problem is they're trying to get into Harvard. And the Accord is an A+ car that also is a concert cellist who mentors orphaned inner-city children.


      Yeah, I really like the looks of the 200, too. If I were shopping (and hadn't heard the horror stories) I might look into them had they been available with a manual. Come to think of it, a manual option on the 200 could have netted them dozens more sales! What were they thinking?!!

      Also, I like the name "Hurricane" for the engine. It has precedence in Jeep lexicon.





      "It's got Hurricane hustle under the hood!"
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    11. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      14,711
      Cars
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      05-09-2016 12:38 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
      Any change they make in the Wrangler will cause some commotion in the Jeep communities. I like the idea of the turbo 4 and I could see it getting a decent bump in mpg's if driven conservatively especially around town.
      Those die-hard Jeep guys are Luddites for the sake of being difficult.
      To them, every new generation of Wrangler or CJ is somehow worse than the one that preceded it, even if all the magazine tests reveal the opposite to be true.

      I'm sure they're still blaming Obama for the current Jeep JK.

    12. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      33,042
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      05-09-2016 12:42 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Those die-hard Jeep guys are Luddites for the sake of being difficult.
      To them, every new generation of Wrangler or CJ is somehow worse than the one that preceded it, even if all the magazine tests reveal the opposite to be true.

      I'm sure they're still blaming Obama for the current Jeep JK.
      They all sucked after the WWII derived models. Didn't you know that? Shooooot, I thought you knew a thing or two about Jeeps!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    13. Member 01tj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2005
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      5,510
      Cars
      12 Ecoboosted Flex, 11 6-speed quad cab Frontier, recently sold02 330i, 09 Flex, 01 Wrangler
      05-09-2016 12:53 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Those die-hard Jeep guys are Luddites for the sake of being difficult.
      To them, every new generation of Wrangler or CJ is somehow worse than the one that preceded it, even if all the magazine tests reveal the opposite to be true.

      I'm sure they're still blaming Obama for the current Jeep JK.
      I'll blame obama for a lot of things but he can't have the JK, I like it. My only complaint about the evolution of the Wrangler is they seem to keep getting bigger and my TJ was a little too big at times. Now that I have kids and will probably never spend as much time off the beaten path as I used to the size is a plus for me

    14. Senior Member Ryukein's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      26,949
      Cars
      1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT, 1994 Miata R-Package
      05-18-2016 04:47 PM #113
      Spotted a mule on my way home from Whole Foods! Wasn't able to get any more photos because he was turning. The extra length at the front is pretty noticeable.

      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

    15. Member omoderncultureo's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2011
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      3,205
      05-18-2016 06:37 PM #114
      2018 Jeep Wrangler turbo-four engine spied

      Here’s visual proof of what has been widely rumored: The 2018 Jeep Wrangler will offer a turbocharged four-cylinder engine in addition to its 3.6-liter V6. Seen here covered in spaghetti-like wiring in a Wrangler prototype, the engine is expected to displace 2.0 liters and be called “Hurricane.”

      Clues that this engine packs turbo power include the various induction hoses running along both the front and back of the engine bay. It’s also clear upon close inspection that this is an inline engine block, rather than the V6 we know from today’s Wrangler. As on most of Fiat Chrysler’s four-cylinder engines, the oil filter cartridge is mounted at one end of the engine block.

      The addition of a turbo-four engine would help the 2018 Jeep Wrangler post improved fuel-efficiency numbers and improve the Jeep brand’s Corporate Average Fuel Economy rating. Earlier reports say the engine will mate to an eight-speed automatic transmission, and that the Hurricane mill will use a twin-scroll turbo and an aluminum block, with peak power tipped at about 300 horsepower.

      Planning documents from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles also reveal that the Wrangler will add diesel and hybrid powertrains during its life cycle. An updated 3.6-liter Pentastar V6, also mated to an eight-speed automatic instead of the current Wrangler’s five-speed, will likely be the standard engine choice.

      Last edited by Wimbledon; 05-20-2016 at 02:35 PM.

    16. 05-18-2016 07:09 PM #115
      Unless this turbo 4 is a diesel, FCA can suck it...
      Me likey the Pentatstar (so far) in my 2015 JK.

    17. Senior Member Ryukein's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      26,949
      Cars
      1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT, 1994 Miata R-Package
      05-18-2016 07:22 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by veedublvr View Post
      Unless this turbo 4 is a diesel, FCA can suck it...
      Me likey the Pentatstar (so far) in my 2015 JK.
      There will also be a diesel which I'm sure which will be turbocharged.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

    18. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      33,042
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      05-18-2016 08:47 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by veedublvr View Post
      Unless this turbo 4 is a diesel, FCA can suck it...
      Me likey the Pentatstar (so far) in my 2015 JK.
      Discounting it before you learn anything about it is smart!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    19. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      83,943
      Cars
      '08 R32 | '15 GTI
      05-19-2016 12:04 AM #118
      They look so much better as a four door.

    20. Member Wolfslash16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2014
      Location
      Riverton Utah
      Posts
      613
      Cars
      2000 Dodge Durango
      05-19-2016 01:57 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      They look so much better as a four door.
      Quoted for truth. I remember when the 4 door came out, I didn't like it at first. Now, it's the only one I would have. I'm 95% sure my next car will be a Jeep Unlimited. I've been following this thread like a Hawk.
      Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy! View Post
      The one part of the car that actually touches the road is the one people cheap out on the most
      Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
      They are only NEW once, the rest of their existence is that of decay. Like life, it's not about lasting forever but making the best of what little time we do have.
      Impatiently waiting to buy a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU)

    21. Member uberR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2004
      Location
      The Woodlands, TX
      Posts
      2,726
      Cars
      '14 JKU Sahara, '93 Porsche 911 RSA, '92 LS2 Miata
      05-19-2016 05:58 AM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by omoderncultureo View Post
      Jesus, tap dancing C! I see a brake fluid reservoir, a coolant expansion tank/washer tank, and maybe a battery. And these guys make out a turbo 4 with induction hoses?!?
      Quote Originally Posted by jackboots View Post
      Wow. Its like a bicep with six-pack abs made entirely of fists.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      14,711
      Cars
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      05-19-2016 07:47 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Spotted a mule on my way home from Whole Foods! Wasn't able to get any more photos because he was turning. The extra length at the front is pretty noticeable.

      The JK already has a spacious engine compartment, as it was initially developed to house an optional HEMI V8.
      Those plans died with run up of gas prices, during the Carpocalypse.

      With smaller engines baked into the platform, this time around, the even longer front end sparks some questions.

      Will the hybrid/electric componentry live in the added space? Give the all terrain nature of the Jeep, it is probably best that batteries not be in the belly of the beast.

      Is the extended length added to improve ride/handling of the two-door Wranglers? By increasing the wheelbase ahead of the firewall, this ensures that even the two-door will have a longer wheelbase.

    23. Member TangoRed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      8,801
      05-19-2016 08:38 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      The JK already has a spacious engine compartment, as it was initially developed to house an optional HEMI V8.
      Those plans died with run up of gas prices, during the Carpocalypse.

      With smaller engines baked into the platform, this time around, the even longer front end sparks some questions.

      Will the hybrid/electric componentry live in the added space? Give the all terrain nature of the Jeep, it is probably best that batteries not be in the belly of the beast.

      Is the extended length added to improve ride/handling of the two-door Wranglers? By increasing the wheelbase ahead of the firewall, this ensures that even the two-door will have a longer wheelbase.
      One of the major issues is that the 8-speed couldn't fit in the current JK without lengthening.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

    24. Member Atl-Atl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2006
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      6,827
      Cars
      2008 Ram 2500
      05-19-2016 09:17 AM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by uberR32 View Post
      Jesus, tap dancing C! I see a brake fluid reservoir, a coolant expansion tank/washer tank, and maybe a battery. And these guys make out a turbo 4 with induction hoses?!?
      If you know what the current JK looks like its not that hard to decipher that theres a different engine pictured here.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      Malvern, PA
      Posts
      6,986
      Cars
      2015 GMC Sierra, 1998 TJ 5.3L/465/Atlas, 1996 F250
      05-19-2016 09:22 AM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Spotted a mule on my way home from Whole Foods! Wasn't able to get any more photos because he was turning. The extra length at the front is pretty noticeable.

      NICE
      It almost looks like the rear has moved back slightly, regardless, the proportions are spot on.
      Also.
      And this is getting out there.
      But those wheels do not look exactly like their current version, is it possible they're more concave?
      Is the axle slightly narrower, the overall track wouldn't be too different with that decreased backspacing, but something looks slightly different...



      Still a rear 4 link with a panhard, they just moved the panhard up, changed it's routing a little bit.

      I see pumpkin in the front too... IFS LOL
      Last edited by Gitcha Sum; 05-19-2016 at 09:25 AM.

    26. Member
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      Malvern, PA
      Posts
      6,986
      Cars
      2015 GMC Sierra, 1998 TJ 5.3L/465/Atlas, 1996 F250
      05-19-2016 09:27 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      Most useless spy shots ever. It is pretty much exactly the same.
      Dude, aluminum knuckles. Come on, big changes a brewin at FCA

    Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •