VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Pre turbo nozzle

40K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Poetic50 
#1 ·
hello did someone try to fit a pre-turbo nozzle
what gains can be achieved?

#9 ·
Aquamist 0.6 mm nozzle mounted pre-compressor, Be Cooling 7 GPH (@100 PSI) nozzle mounted post-throttle body, 200 PSI injection pump, progressive controller, 50/50 water/methanol mixed by mass (versus volume), injection comes on at 6 PSI boost, and is all in at 21.5 PSI boost.

#18 · (Edited)
It's my understanding that you would only want the nozzle injecting very near to or at maximum boost. So, spool should not be affected, specifically because you should not be injecting during spool.

There are way too many benefits to disregard this nozzle position due to spool experience alone.

On a large frame turbo, this is obviously easier. Pick 1 or 2 psi under your max boost level and set it. On a K03/4, they have such a trail off on top end(which is one of the things this nozzle position will help so much), that you can't set it to max boost and leave it, because the injector will be coming on and off through the gears as the boost trails off. So on a factory turbo, i'd say set it to your lowest max boost setting, that's where mine will be.

At absolute redline, before the shift(tiptronic) the turbo is on boil about 16-17psi for me, but my max spike(with a MBC dialing it back) is 22psi. So i'll command my pre turbo and post intercooler nozzles on at the same time, around 15psi, so it never falls out of injection while WOT and having it set that high will prevent it from coming on too often within normal pedal positions.

- Drew

#19 ·
I have a similar set up using usrt"s kit I have it coming on at 17 pounds via hobbs switch. My direct port comes on at 14 pounds and post intercooler is progressive of an aem controller starting at 6 and full spray at 14 pounds.

Some major life issues have prevented me from running any logs with/without different injectors running.

Full right up and logs will show up as promised one day

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.