VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Audi Sport quattro Concept, Real Details and Photos

47K views 181 replies 92 participants last post by  crisvr6 
#1 ·

quattro is Audi and Audi is quattro – the brand and the technology are indelibly linked. In celebration of the 30th birthday of the Sport quattro, Audi will present its legitimate successor at the 2013 IAA in Frankfurt am Main. The Audi Sport quattro concept show car continues the grand quattro tradition, with a stunning coupe design and plug-in hybrid drive with a system output of 515 kW (700 hp).

More HERE: http://fourtitude.com/news/Audi_New...udi-sport-quattro-concept-frankfurt-iaa-2013/

See less See more
#168 ·
Isn't this just another slight modification of the same Quattro concept we've been seeing for years?:confused:
Yeah, and those a'holes are probably only going to make like 300 of them and charge in excess of $100,000 for them instead of just making the damn car.

#20 ·
4,078.55 lb :thumbdown:
Price = An used GT-R :confused:.
I like the car,but not ready for a battery yet for that kinda of money.I guess we have to see it live for a better approach.
The UR-Quattro was over 1,000lb lighter. The apple fell very far from the tree...

#99 · (Edited)
Wanted to post these yesterday

And that's what I was just thinking. The original had a real reason to exist, this new version doesn't. The original's awkwardness made it special, you just knew it was an oddball made necessary for the sole prupose of winning as many rallies as possible. That's what I love about it and it's surely one of the reasons the car is so legendary.

The new one is heavy and serves no purpose, it doesn't bring anything new to the game either. The original was one of the first if not the first production car to show that a performance car could be all wheel drive. The new car is pointless.

I would have hoped that Audi might have gone more in the direction of the BRZ/GT86 and focused on simplifying things, making the whole thing lighter. In this age of techno overload that would have been refreshing and daring from another major manufacturer. Eschew all this unnecessary nonsense and get back to the basics of driver enjoyment.

What would have been so wrong with a stripped, light, frill free, turbo 5 cylinder, manual Quattro? If you aren't really going to move the game on then you might as well be more faithful to the ethos of the original and have something raw.
I agree on some points but the SQ was built to try and keep up with the mid engined Group B cars that started beating the LWB Quattros.

I'd love a "lightweight" AWD I5 car but I don't think it it likely :banghead: so I'll stick with my CQ.

#27 ·
OMG.........Perfect.

The original concept was nice, but not polished to production version. This new one, amazing. I can see it hitting the showroom floor in Nogaro Blue.......BITCHIN.

Such a nice design, I love it. They really need to make this with a bad ass powertrain.

#28 ·
I'm kinda wondering when will we start seeing the last of hybrid concept performance cars. Most companies are using the government funds supplied to them to develop these technologies but what happens if the funds dry up? Automated gear box, hybrid powertrain, 4000lbs. Sorry but as much as I love the look, I don't need a performance Prius that weighs a lot. Give me a 3,000lb manual trans with 400hp and it would be more than enough.
I guess you add weight to add efficiency........ counterintuitive.

#104 ·
I'm kinda wondering when will we start seeing the last of hybrid concept performance cars.
Considering that production hybrid performance cars are hitting the streets, I'm guessing not any time soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.