VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

First Drive: MY2013 Audi Q5 3.0 TFSI S-line

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  UncleJ 
#1 ·

A few weeks ago I had the chance to drive the entire range of new Q5 models - at least the new ones that'll be coming Stateside (3.0 TFSI, 3.0 TDI and 2.0 TFSI hybrid) as well as the SQ5. We'll be publishing first drive reports on all of these models but we've started with the 3.0 TFSI. Built to S-line spec, this car is now the closest thing we'll get to an S4 Avant... but is it credible for enthusiasts? Well (spoiler alert on the SQ5), I think it is. As for the slightly softer and slightly taller 3.0 TFSI S-line... follow the link and let me know what you think.

Full Story

See less See more
#2 ·
As a B6 S4 Avant driver myself, nothing you said makes me want to consider one of these. It's ugly, it's a crossover, it's an auto, the cargo space is tiny (smaller than the old S4 Avant) and I can't imagine I would feel safe in it. And the price is ridiculous. Oh yeah, and the colors are yawn.

I'm starting to look elsewhere

#3 ·
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I find the Q5 trunk to be more usable than the A4 Avant/allroad because it's taller. The coupe-like slope of the Avant would make it more difficult than the Q5 to pile luggage or have my **** Hound go along for a ride. Those are priorities for me, but maybe not you. If not, may I also suggest the A7. I took a 3.0 TFSI to Florida earlier this year with two buddies and all our gear and we averaged 29 MPG. Aerodynamically it's better than a Q or an Avant.

When I was younger I owned a Mk4 VW Golf 1.8T 4-door. While I prefer Audi, I actually really liked the dimension and general usable space of the car. To me the SQ5, a slightly lowered and more sporting take on the Q5, is a more luxurious and more grown up take. I never really saw the Q5 that way until I drove the SQ5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.