Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Junior Member
      Cars
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      04-18-2012 12:56 AM #1
      Source ; http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-warranty-flag

Re-post or not = MUST BE SHARED!

" Be careful out there if you have any VW/Audi under warranty. VW/Audi as now implemented a automatic warranty flagging system called "TD1". ANY car that is brought into service will be automatically scanned and if there is ANY modifications/chip/performance software your info is sent to Audis main server and your car will be flagged 'TD1" meaning modified ECU/suspension/shifter/exhaust.
      They can use this as a basis for denying any warranty on powertrain. They also are implementing this with short shifters/suspension/exhaust/etc. This is a way for VW/Audi to say "sorry,the car is not the same car you bought,no warranty now".
      I recently bought a 2012 S4,and was planning on doing a SW upgrade,but the automatic TD1 flag has me waiting until warrantyis up OR the tuners have figured out a way around this.
      This is for ANY tune/modification,so if you are worried about warranty.....this is a red flag

Before,you could "switch" the software to stock........now it does not matter,they can detect it regardless,and ther is NO company at the time that has "undetectable SW".
      This sucks,but I just bought a 60K car,and *if* something fails (like they ALWAYS do with VW/Audis) I don't want to be SOL. A guy with a B7 S4 got denied a transmission repair due to a bad synchro (a common problem) due to his car having a "short shifter"......that is a $7,000.00 transmission!
      VAG pays the dealer for warranty work,so it is out of the dealers hands,if VAG denies your warranty,the TD1 stays for the life of the car. Believe it or not,BMW & Nissan are actually even more hardcore about this,and they flat out deny warranty if mods are detected. I guess they all got tired of fixing cars pushed beyond OEM limits.....I knew this would happen eventually,but why now? "
      Last edited by d0mino; 04-18-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Cars
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
      04-18-2012 01:09 AM #2
      Ugh-oh!

All hell is going to break loose in the next couple of months.

Good thing I work at an Audi dealership though.

3. Member
      Cars
      2012 BMW 135i M Sport, 2008 Jeep Liberty
      04-18-2012 11:24 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by d0mino View Post
      Source ; http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-warranty-flag

Re-post or not = MUST BE SHARED!

" Be careful out there if you have any VW/Audi under warranty. VW/Audi as now implemented a automatic warranty flagging system called "TD1". ANY car that is brought into service will be automatically scanned and if there is ANY modifications/chip/performance software your info is sent to Audis main server and your car will be flagged 'TD1" meaning modified ECU/suspension/shifter/exhaust.
      They can use this as a basis for denying any warranty on powertrain. They also are implementing this with short shifters/suspension/exhaust/etc. This is a way for VW/Audi to say "sorry,the car is not the same car you bought,no warranty now".
      I recently bought a 2012 S4,and was planning on doing a SW upgrade,but the automatic TD1 flag has me waiting until warrantyis up OR the tuners have figured out a way around this.
      This is for ANY tune/modification,so if you are worried about warranty.....this is a red flag

Before,you could "switch" the software to stock........now it does not matter,they can detect it regardless,and ther is NO company at the time that has "undetectable SW".
      This sucks,but I just bought a 60K car,and *if* something fails (like they ALWAYS do with VW/Audis) I don't want to be SOL. A guy with a B7 S4 got denied a transmission repair due to a bad synchro (a common problem) due to his car having a "short shifter"......that is a $7,000.00 transmission!
      VAG pays the dealer for warranty work,so it is out of the dealers hands,if VAG denies your warranty,the TD1 stays for the life of the car. Believe it or not,BMW & Nissan are actually even more hardcore about this,and they flat out deny warranty if mods are detected. I guess they all got tired of fixing cars pushed beyond OEM limits.....I knew this would happen eventually,but why now? "
      While I don't blame any of the car manufacturers for doing this and COMPLETELY understand why they do it, I also view it as a way for them to cop out of manufacturer defects they know the car already has.
      2012 BMW 135i M Sport

Cars
      '10 Audi A4 2.0Tq
      07-24-2012 01:58 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by davis_449 View Post
      While I don't blame any of the car manufacturers for doing this and COMPLETELY understand why they do it, I also view it as a way for them to cop out of manufacturer defects they know the car already has.
      I totally feel the same way!!! Our VAG cars have always had flaws. Now they have found an easy way out of fixing known flaws.