Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
      Cars
      The Standard of the World | Feed Your Restless
      04-17-2012 01:51 PM #141
      Interested to see how this plays out.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was about to t-bone a idiot driver, so instead I went into a ditch. I ended up not having any real damage after a full inspection, so I cut the other driver loose, but if there was damage I would have been super pissed.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

Cars
      2003 Miata SE, 2002 Z51 Corvette
      04-17-2012 02:42 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by dieselraver View Post
      the main question you should all be asking is did you spank that little ricer hatchback!? glad you're ok!

glad to hear OP is okay. its never fun to walk away from a totaled car, but its certainly better than riding away in an ambulance!
      Regarding DD'ing a tuned Evo:
      Quote Originally Posted by SchrickVR6 View Post
      It's composed at all speeds and at all times...it just feels like you're holding the leash on a 150lb pit bull and praying you don't see a squirrel.

Cars
      '14 Beetle 'Vert
      04-17-2012 03:36 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
      you'll never get the truth, he's gonna post that her insurance paid 100% even if they didnt, not the kind of person to admit to being wrong, you can pick that trait up in his arrogant post throughout this thread
      I know that... just wanted to gig him a little, and not give any impressionable readers here any hope of ever settling with an insurer under the circumstances he described. No contact... no coverage from the other driver's insurance. Never. Ever. Ever...

4. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      04-17-2012 03:37 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      Interested to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by MustacheGT View Post
      It's taken care of. You can now sleep at night.

5. 04-17-2012 04:31 PM #145
      The insurance company actually paid him more than he was out because he was such a good guy. Truth. He was also given a MOH.
      No Longer : -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=-

Cars
      '07 BMW 335i
      04-17-2012 04:54 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by rlfletch View Post
      Oooh, possible Fiat 500 Abarth as a replacement?
      If it's like in the commercials, a new Fiat would make the OP daydream about hot Italian women, so he'd definitely hit more crub, fents, brick, and burshes.

Sorry to hear about the accident, though. That sucks big time. Good that you're not hurt too badly.
      Oddfellows Local 726

Cars
      Mustang GT
      04-17-2012 04:58 PM #147
      I recommend that you NOT get a blue 2004 Mach 1, because i've seen how you mod your cars and it would be a waste. Get a 99 Cobra, I don't really want one of those.

(glad you're ok)
      Last edited by Bias_Ply; 04-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
      The good news: I gave up on being one of the cool kids!

Cars
      '14 Beetle 'Vert
      04-19-2012 07:55 AM #148
      One last chance, MustacheGT... care to enlighten us? Tell us exactly how you were made whole by the insurance companies... it would be helpful to all to know just how you manipulated the insurers to see things your way and cut you a huge check...

04-19-2012 08:07 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by Bias_Ply View Post
      I recommend that you NOT get a blue 2004 Mach 1, because i've seen how you mod your cars and it would be a waste. Get a 99 Cobra, I don't really want one of those.

(glad you're ok)

I think I'm past my 99-04 phase now. I am considering a base 2013 GT with Recaros and Track Pack, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogety Boogety View Post
      One last chance, MustacheGT... care to enlighten us? Tell us exactly how you were made whole by the insurance companies... it would be helpful to all to know just how you manipulated the insurers to see things your way and cut you a huge check...
      One last chance? What are you, my teacher? Get a life.

04-19-2012 08:08 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      He's probably lawyering up, keeping any additional info disclosed until it's taken to court.
      Nope. They accepted 100% liability and are going to see the car today to decide about total loss and such.

04-19-2012 08:18 AM #151
      [IMG]http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/offtopic-english/943183655d1251016823-happy-birthday-stormtraxx-very-nice-how-much-borat_great_success.jpg/IMG]

Buy a E39 3.0 sport package NOW

It'll likely be a few weeks until they actually pay. I 'cancelled' the claim with my insurance after I got the call about accepting liability from the woman's insurance. They'll subrogate for the rental and towing, but everything else will be direct pay to me.

04-19-2012 08:22 AM #152
      Weren't you thinking about an Impreza? Hmmm....
      The manual tranny was mush, so I can't accept that car. Everything else about it is outstanding, however, so possibly the CVT will fix that car. I'd prefer a manual, however.

I'm considering many cars at any given moment.

04-19-2012 08:41 AM #153
      New Malibu should be available soon.
      I'm considering ordering a new GT:

Cars
      '14 Beetle 'Vert
      04-19-2012 09:51 AM #154
      One last chance? What are you, my teacher? Get a life.
      Just curious. Very curious. You're describing a scenario not typically found in insurance circles. Veeeeery curious...

Nope. They accepted 100% liability and are going to see the car today to decide about total loss and such.
      Who? Her insurance? Again... Veeeeeeeeeeery curious... Glad for you and all that (if true), but not at all a typical result. No doubt most here would like to know how you accomplished that, for future reference, you know.

It'll likely be a few weeks until they actually pay. I 'cancelled' the claim with my insurance after I got the call about accepting liability from the woman's insurance. They'll subrogate for the rental and towing, but everything else will be direct pay to me.
      Again, not a typical scenario. Paperwork signed for release, and payment, are made quickly, in a matter of days, not weeks. Hmmmmmmmm...

Cars
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      04-19-2012 09:56 AM #155
      Just curious. Very curious. You're describing a scenario not typically found in insurance circles. Veeeeery curious...

Who? Her insurance? Again... Veeeeeeeeeeery curious... Glad for you and all that (if true), but not at all a typical result. No doubt most here would like to know how you accomplished that, for future reference, you know.

Again, not a typical scenario. Paperwork signed for release, and payment, are made quickly, in a matter of days, not weeks. Hmmmmmmmm...

Not to fight with you, but I was in a similar situation where someone ran me off the road without making contact, but stopped and exchanged insurance information and a police report was made finding the other at fault.

Progressive contacted me the day after it happened, asked for my side of the story, and then said that they were covering 100% fault. I had to make an appointment with their claims department and bring my car in (soonest I was free was a few days later). They looked over the car, gave me the estimate and said they would be processing the claim. I got a check roughly 10 days later in the mail for the full amount of their estimate. Took it to my own body shop, where the check wasn't enough, so the shop called Progressive, had it adjusted and the shop was paid directly.

The whole process, from her running me off the road to me getting the check took about two weeks.

Cars
      '91 964, '93 E34, '05 GTI
      04-19-2012 10:00 AM #156
      As someone who might prospectively move to ATL.... What's so bad with the roads? Don't you guys have mild winters? /typicalnewenglander

Cars
      '87 930 '77 Bronco '01 325iTSC '08 Xterra
      04-19-2012 10:11 AM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by dubjager View Post
      As someone who might prospectively move to ATL.... What's so bad with the roads? Don't you guys have mild winters? /typicalnewenglander
      Interstates and state maintained roads are fine. The roads maintained by the City of Atlanta are in pretty bad shape. They don't have the money to properly repave anything and just patch things together. When they do repave something it takes about a year per mile and feels like a washboard when they are finished because they only pave about 50' before calling it a day.

And then there is the whole metal plate issue...
      http://clatl.com/atlanta/everything-...nt?oid=2645889

Cars
      2010 CSG GTI, 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
      04-19-2012 10:53 AM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by dubjager View Post
      Some of the busiest surface streets (think Peachtree) have epic potholes because they are so busy they can't easily be shut down for a re-pave. I have found, however, that Georgia in general has some of the smoothest interstates anywhere in the country. I believe they spend more per capita on roads than any other state.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX
      2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11)
      2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11)

Cars
      Huffy 10 Speed
      04-19-2012 11:00 AM #159
      What part of McFarland was that? Sucks to see a nice car destroyed
      Quote Originally Posted by ..Derek.. View Post
      FACT: All girls with Tinkerbell stickers on their cars or have Tinkerbell tattoo's are 300+lbs

Cars
      '14 Beetle 'Vert
      04-19-2012 11:25 AM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2006 View Post
      Not to fight with you, but I was in a similar situation where someone ran me off the road without making contact, but stopped and exchanged insurance information and a police report was made finding the other at fault...

The whole process, from her running me off the road to me getting the check took about two weeks.
      No fight assumed. That's what I'm looking for, real evidence that a non-contact incident resulted in a payout from the insurer of the proximate cause(r) of the accident. Not at all a normal resolution of these cases (certainly not in most states), and a result that most readers in similar circumstances would not, should not, expect.

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '14 Mirage, 2.7 liters total
      04-19-2012 11:33 AM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by dwagner88 View Post
      Some of the busiest surface streets (think Peachtree) have epic potholes because they are so busy they can't easily be shut down for a re-pave. I have found, however, that Georgia in general has some of the smoothest interstates anywhere in the country. I believe they spend more per capita on roads than any other state.
      Which Peachtree is that?

Peachtree Creek Road, Peachtree Industrial, Peachtree Lane, Peachtree Avenue, Peachtree Circle, Peachtree Drive, Peachtree Plaza, Peachtree Street SW, Peachtree Way, Peachtree Memorial Drive, New Peachtree Road, North Peachtree Road, Peachtree Walk, Peachtree Park Drive, Peachtree Valley Road, Peachtree Battle Avenue, Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Old Peachtree Road...?

Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Cars
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      04-19-2012 11:35 AM #162
      No fight assumed. That's what I'm looking for, real evidence that a non-contact incident resulted in a payout from the insurer of the proximate cause(r) of the accident. Not at all a normal resolution of these cases (certainly not in most states), and a result that most readers in similar circumstances would not, should not, expect.
      I think it comes down to one) the official police report and two) the at-fault party accepting fault. I think both this accident the OP posted and mine could've gone VERY differently had the at-fault party said FU and went on their way.

Cars
      2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6MT
      04-19-2012 11:55 AM #163
      The Red Mirror Car Gods found you. They always find you.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

Cars
      05 Tin Can
      04-19-2012 12:15 PM #164
      At least now you'll be able to afford a car with matching mirror caps.
      Turn down for what?

04-19-2012 12:35 PM #165
      Called them and bitched. Mentioned how the cops said I probably saved the woman's life by a quick reaction and how I had a second-degree burn on my wrist and was on paid meds from it (all true). I guess that struck a chord.

Quote Originally Posted by Cervical Bruiser View Post
      What part of McFarland was that? Sucks to see a nice car destroyed
      Literally looking at RBM North. The neighborhood right before the new Goodwill as you're headed toward Hwy 9. The damage is still there I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      The Red Mirror Car Gods found you. They always find you.
      Quote Originally Posted by SoLo2pointO View Post
      At least now you'll be able to afford a car with matching mirror caps.

Cars
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      04-19-2012 12:42 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      Which Peachtree is that?

Peachtree Creek Road, Peachtree Industrial, Peachtree Lane, Peachtree Avenue, Peachtree Circle, Peachtree Drive, Peachtree Plaza, Peachtree Street SW, Peachtree Way, Peachtree Memorial Drive, New Peachtree Road, North Peachtree Road, Peachtree Walk, Peachtree Park Drive, Peachtree Valley Road, Peachtree Battle Avenue, Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Old Peachtree Road...?

lol, right?!? .
      Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

Cars
      Huffy 10 Speed
      04-19-2012 01:49 PM #167

Literally looking at RBM North. The neighborhood right before the new Goodwill as you're headed toward Hwy 9. The damage is still there I'm sure.

Man, the intersection where McFarland dead-ends into Hwy 9 is always a hub for accidents.
      Quote Originally Posted by ..Derek.. View Post
      FACT: All girls with Tinkerbell stickers on their cars or have Tinkerbell tattoo's are 300+lbs

28. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      04-19-2012 02:20 PM #168
      Mentioned how the cops said I probably saved the woman's life by a quick reaction...
      I'm curious, how many times have you told the story about how you saved a woman's life?

Cars
      SMC/CRV
      04-19-2012 04:26 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      I'm curious, how many times have you told the story about how you saved a woman's life?
      He hasn't told me in person. THAT changes things.

04-19-2012 04:29 PM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      In person? Once

On here? Apparently one too few. So this past Sunday I was driving and...

Quote Originally Posted by Cervical Bruiser View Post
      Man, the intersection where McFarland dead-ends into Hwy 9 is always a hub for accidents.
      It sure is. People VTEC going from McFarland to Hwy 9 north and thing it's a no-stop lane.

Cars
      SMC/CRV
      04-19-2012 04:31 PM #171
      It sure is. People VTEC going from McFarland to Hwy 9 north and thing it's a no-stop lane.
      When they see the KTM shop they figure they need to show off. Duh

04-19-2012 04:43 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      When they see the KTM shop they figure they need to show off. Duh
      Which one? Rider's Dream?

Cars
      a Nissan
      04-19-2012 04:48 PM #173
      Glad you're ok and everything is working out. She could've left and you'd been f***ed.

Cars
      2010 CSG GTI, 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
      04-19-2012 04:50 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      Which Peachtree is that?

The answer to your question is yes.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX
      2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11)
      2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11)

Cars
      1997 Mazda Miata, 2006 Subaru STi
      04-19-2012 04:51 PM #175
      I'm considering ordering a new GT:
      Do it!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob Cote View Post
      You just saved 15% or more on Valentime's day by switching to friendzone.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast