Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    1. Member
      03-16-2012 01:58 PM #51
      I never thought Tennessee had a chance. Looks like it's them and Denver.

I would have guessed Miami or the Cards.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Cars
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      03-16-2012 02:08 PM #52
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

3. Member
      03-19-2012 11:56 AM #53
      It just broke on espn - Peyton has asked his agent to begin negotiations with the Broncos.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Cars
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      03-19-2012 12:00 PM #54
      I'm pretty excited about this if it follows through, but we're going to need to get someone for him to throw to.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...70063949479936
      https://twitter.com/#!/mortreport/st...69741688508416
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Cars
      Family Truckster
      03-19-2012 12:07 PM #55
      Can Tebow catch? Make him a slot receiver.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

6. Member
      03-19-2012 12:09 PM #56
      Tebow will be on the trading block as soon a the ink dries on Peyton's deal.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Cars
      11 Audi A3, 78 Yamaha XS750
      03-19-2012 12:10 PM #57
      Make Tebow a RB, we know he can run.

But nothing is said and done yet.

Cars
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      03-19-2012 12:15 PM #58
      I'm sure they'll trade Tebow, my guess is Jacksonville. He'll put buts in the seats and they'll let him play QB there. No one expects great football in Jacksonville, so low pressure, low expectations.

Denver is a great fit for Peyton, I think he made the right decision.

You have to wonder what's up in Miami though, spurned by Manning and Flynn, now trying desperately to get Alex Smith.

Cars
      List your car(s) owned here
      03-19-2012 12:26 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      You have to wonder what's up in Miami though, spurned by Manning and Flynn, now trying desperately to get Alex Smith.
      Didn't they also offer Harbaugh big dollars and he took a smaller paycheck in SF?
      I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit5GTI
      You have cornered the entire 'I hate Ford Fusions' market around here
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      Pure electric vehicles will never fully replace fueled (pure ICE or PHEV) vehicles.

10. 03-19-2012 12:31 PM #60
      I'm sure they'll trade Tebow, my guess is Jacksonville. He'll put buts in the seats and they'll let him play QB there. No one expects great football in Jacksonville, so low pressure, low expectations.

Denver is a great fit for Peyton, I think he made the right decision.

I just read this, and caught the past-tense. Then, went over to the Denver Post
      website. Hope that "NFL Source" is right!

Cars
      Family Truckster
      03-19-2012 12:36 PM #61
      The rumored deal is 5 yrs 90mil... but I havent heard how much of that is guaranteed.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

12. Senior Member
      Cars
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      03-19-2012 12:44 PM #62
      So Peyton picked the easier division to win. That doesn't mean he can win the SB with the Broncos team. The 49ers had the better team but tougher division.

Guess, Tebow will have to find a new team soon.

Cars
      03-19-2012 12:58 PM #63
      Peyton didn't go to SF because of the Eli factor I think. With the Broncos he gets to stay in the AFC, doesn't have to play his old team 2 times a year, and doesn't have to deal with Brady 2-3 times a year either. Also he may get a chance to compete against his brother in a Superbowl.

Also where do you get that SF is in a tough division? They have the Cardinals, Rams, and Seahawks, not really a "hard" division as compared to the NFC North, & East.

14. 03-19-2012 12:59 PM #64
      As a big Tebow fan if for nothing else guts and leadership, I'm all for
      Peyton and Tebow being his backup.

And, there's no guarantee that on one big hit Peyton won't be lost for
      a season.

I think it's the anti-Tebow crowd who expect him to go more than
      the pro-Tebow crowd, but we'll know what the Broncos front office
      think in the next month or so. Tim doesn't appear to have an ego,
      and there wouldn't be a better place in the world to stay and learn
      how to be a QB than as an understudy to Peyton.

15. Member
      03-19-2012 01:04 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      So Peyton picked the easier division to win. That doesn't mean he can win the SB with the Broncos team. The 49ers had the better team but tougher division.
      I think the conference had a lot to do with it. The road through the playoffs is easier through the AFC than it is through the NFC.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

16. Member
      03-19-2012 01:10 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by adoniram7 View Post
      As a big Tebow fan if for nothing else guts and leadership, I'm all for
      Peyton and Tebow being his backup.

And, there's no guarantee that on one big hit Peyton won't be lost for
      a season.

I think it's the anti-Tebow crowd who expect him to go more than
      the pro-Tebow crowd, but we'll know what the Broncos front office
      think in the next month or so. Tim doesn't appear to have an ego,
      and there wouldn't be a better place in the world to stay and learn
      how to be a QB than as an understudy to Peyton.
      Forget months...We'll know what the Broncos front office thinks in the next few days. Tebow will be on the block ASAP. The question is whether they'll get any offers or if they'll have to initiate the offers and make a hard sell.

I think Jacksonville does make the most sense. Gabbert's nothing special worth saving, the owner was flirting with drafting Tebow, and they're so bad that they really have nothing to lose.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

17. Senior Member
      Cars
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      03-19-2012 02:11 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by Bubba 2.0 GLS View Post
      Peyton didn't go to SF because of the Eli factor I think. With the Broncos he gets to stay in the AFC, doesn't have to play his old team 2 times a year, and doesn't have to deal with Brady 2-3 times a year either. Also he may get a chance to compete against his brother in a Superbowl.

Also where do you get that SF is in a tough division? They have the Cardinals, Rams, and Seahawks, not really a "hard" division as compared to the NFC North, & East.
      I meant conference, the AFC is the easier conf compared to NFC. Every NFC division has a championship built team and tighter races.

The AFC not so much, the Broncos "lost" their way into the championships. The Steelers limped in and the Patriots played a bunch of sub 500 scrubs in.

18. 03-19-2012 02:26 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Big M View Post
      Forget months...We'll know what the Broncos front office thinks in the next few days. Tebow will be on the block ASAP. The question is whether they'll get any offers or if they'll have to initiate the offers and make a hard sell.

I think Jacksonville does make the most sense. Gabbert's nothing special worth saving, the owner was flirting with drafting Tebow, and they're so bad that they really have nothing to lose.
      True, Jacksonville does make sense.

But as Brady Quinn just left, the Broncos still have to get someone to back up
      Peyton. It's a pretty big gamble that Peyton can last a whole season.

Cars
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      03-19-2012 02:40 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by adoniram7 View Post
      True, Jacksonville does make sense.

But as Brady Quinn just left, the Broncos still have to get someone to back up
      Peyton. It's a pretty big gamble that Peyton can last a whole season.
      Elway has the classic Pocket-passer QB he wants now. They'll get some journeyman backup who fits that mold to hold Peyton's clipboard imo. That way, if Peyton goes down, they don't have to completely revamp the Offense towards a running QB again.

Fox & Elway never wanted to start Tebow, andn they never wanted to run that kind of offense. They will run him out of town now, with snagging Peyton being the salve on the PR wounds. In my opinion.

With RG3 most certainly a Redskin, and Rex Grossman just getting an extension, perhaps John Beck? There's a lot of serviceable backups out there: http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

I'm actually a fan of Tebow, kid has gobs of heart and lots of talent, but he's just never going to be a pocket passer that most teams want. He should convert to RB... I bet he'd have a heck of a career.

20. 03-19-2012 03:07 PM #70
      Elway has the classic Pocket-passer QB he wants now. They'll get some journeyman backup who fits that mold to hold Peyton's clipboard imo. That way, if Peyton goes down, they don't have to completely revamp the Offense towards a running QB again.

Fox & Elway never wanted to start Tebow, andn they never wanted to run that kind of offense. They will run him out of town now, with snagging Peyton being the salve on the PR wounds. In my opinion.

With RG3 most certainly a Redskin, and Rex Grossman just getting an extension, perhaps John Beck? There's a lot of serviceable backups out there: http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

I'm actually a fan of Tebow, kid has gobs of heart and lots of talent, but he's just never going to be a pocket passer that most teams want. He should convert to RB... I bet he'd have a heck of a career.
      Well, I'm a Tebow fan too, and I saw him progress from a "one look then run" type
      of quarterback to a QB looking off the safety and throwing timing patterns in less
      than one season.

And Tebow's first season was statistically better than Elway's!

But he has a long way to go as a pocket passer.

This has been a crazy offseason and it isn't even over yet!

Cars
      03-19-2012 03:30 PM #71
      I meant conference, the AFC is the easier conf compared to NFC. Every NFC division has a championship built team and tighter races.

The AFC not so much, the Broncos "lost" their way into the championships. The Steelers limped in and the Patriots played a bunch of sub 500 scrubs in.
      That is true, but I really think it has something to do with Eli and being in the same conference as your brother.

Plus rumors of $95 million contract has to have something to do with it.

Cars
      2007 Mazda Rotary Thingy
      03-19-2012 04:03 PM #72

Other than the 49ers, who else is good in the NFC West?

Cars
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      03-19-2012 05:45 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by SuperGroove View Post
      Other than the 49ers, who else is good in the NFC West?
      I was gonna say... The Seahawks lost their way(7-9) into the NFC playoffs just the other year. Aside from the Niners last year, our division was a mess.

24. 03-20-2012 04:30 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      I was gonna say... The Seahawks lost their way(7-9) into the NFC playoffs just the other year. Aside from the Niners last year, our division was a mess.
      I think with someone dependable getting the ball to AZ receivers they could do well. I don't know how a Fitzgerald / P. Manning combination wouldn't result in a major increase in TDs
      Th(e/a)n

25. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      04-13-2012 07:48 AM #75
      Cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo.com
      Peyton Manning spent part of his Thursday morning calling newspaper reporters in Indianapolis to thank them for the work they did during his 14 years with the Colts.

How rare is that nod to Miss Manners? One of the Indianapolis Star reporters who received a call said it was the first time a departing Colts player had ever contacted him to say goodbye.

"Manning said he hoped he could stay with Colts, but understands the biz," Wilson wrote in a later tweet. "He told me to pass along to the fans how much he appreciated them. That's the first time I've ever received a good-bye call from a Colts player in my journalism career. Classy move. Wished him the best."

You get the feeling that when Peyton's twins are old enough, he's going to be the type of dad to leave notes in their lunchboxes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123