Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      01-31-2012 01:30 PM #1

With news breaking just today about the RS 4's confirmation for Geneva, it's not a surprise that there's renewed interest in developing renders of the new car. The profile shots in our previous story are great and all, but they were done about two years ago and well ahead of the facelifted A4's arrival. We've just found this fantastic render over on AutoEvolution (news story and HIGH RES available after the jump so make sure you go see it). And while we like our own renders, we like the new facelifted version even more.

To be honest, we're tempted to spend the rest of the day throwing together a few more renders based on the facelift. This render his hot, but possibly inconsistent with the actual car that will not be as slammed and likely will include box flares like the RS 5. Unfortunately, we don't have the time. As we I key in this story, I am distracting myself from the task at hand of formatting our Daytona 24 Hours coverage. My loss is your gain, because we've decided to run an impromptu RS 4 photoshop contest.

The rules are simple. Create a photoshop of the new RS 4 Avant (or sedan... we'll accept those too even though Audi won't be building one) and submit it in our RS 4 Photoshop Contest thread in our B8 RS 4 forum (or email to info (at) fourtitude.com if you lack a way to host it. Pics need to be at least 1024x682 though larger resolution can and is most welcome.

Our panel of wannabe celebrity judges (me, myself and I) will choose the winner amongst the submissions by next Monday. The winner will receive one of these aluminum block B7 RS 4 figures produced by Minichamps. On ebay, hucksters are asking over $200 for these (totally inflated), but they are very cool and now out of production. We've gone one still in the original box and packaging that we'll ship to your door as a thank you.

We reserve the right to include any submitted images in our photo gallery. You'll note a render section of our current photo gallery and this will be grown even more when Fourtitude 2.0 launches soon.

Now, back to the original inspiration for the contest, make sure to check out AutoEvolution for a high-res version of the render above.

Render at AutoEvolution.com

02-02-2012 02:26 AM #2
      Here's one that I did.

Suzuka TTRS - Carbon Mirrors - Ecodes - Recaros - Schroths - Weichers Roll Cage - HREs - Scorpion TBE - H&R - EBC

3. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      02-02-2012 08:36 AM #3
      Looks sweet! First entry is officially in. We'll be judging Monday so get your photoshop brushes out boys.

Cars
      335i
      02-04-2012 04:42 PM #4
      Really quick job...

Last edited by point665; 02-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.

5. 02-05-2012 05:31 PM #5
      Nice looking cars!
      Here is my photoshopped RS4
      Last edited by artbg; 02-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Cars
      1990 E30 M3
      02-05-2012 11:49 PM #6
      My effort. I tried box flares. I really really tried. They just didn't work. The curves on the car just didn't seem to flow with box flares the way they did with nice bubble flares. So I went with bubbles.
      Last edited by Porridgehead; 02-06-2012 at 01:58 PM.
      --Measure with mike, mark with chalk, cut with axe, pound to fit, paint to match

7. n00b
      Cars
      2008 Ford Mustang
      02-06-2012 12:39 AM #7
      Here is my take on the RS4, hope you guys like it!

Cars
      2.0TFSI
      02-06-2012 09:16 PM #8

9. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      02-07-2012 04:54 PM #9
      Wow there's some great stuff in here. I wish I had more of these RS 4s to hand out. As it is I have two and will sit on one to give away after we launch our updated site in a few weeks. For now, I've decided to go with artbg's design. To my eye, this is the closest to what I expect the RS 4 to look like. I may try to add some box flares to it just for grins. For now, thanks all who competed. I will add your shots to our gallery with your username as credit if you're alright with that. I'll assume you all are. If not, drop me a note and I can not include upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by artbg View Post
      Nice looking cars!
      Here is my photoshopped RS4

Cars
      1990 E30 M3
      02-07-2012 10:20 PM #10
      A fine choice George, it's the one I would have picked. Well, other than my own, naturally.
      Though, to be honest, I wouldn't have picked my own, though I love it more than anything I have ever seen. Anywhere. Ever.

"Why?" I hear you ask. Well, because of what I modeled it after.
      "And what is that, Porridgehead?" I hear you query.
      Are you certain you want to know? Because once you know, you can't unsee it.
      "Shut up and tell us you insufferable twit" I hear you scream.
      Ok fine. Be that way.

Serious cat.

Ok. so it's not a great serious cat, but have you ever tried to create a car that looks like seriouscat? Seriously? It ain't easy, let me tell you. I've got the 'tude, the chubby goodness and something that sort of resembles whiskers and that's a lot! A whole freakin' lot dammit!

Yeah, so I lost, I'm bitter and I'm overcompensating. What of it? Now where the hell did I hide that spare bottle of emergency scotch?
      --Measure with mike, mark with chalk, cut with axe, pound to fit, paint to match

11. 02-08-2012 10:34 PM #11
      artbg - excellent render and congrats! (I'll take mine w/ both fog lights though)

12. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      02-09-2012 08:08 AM #12
      The single setup is radar for distance-metering cruise control. I agree, it looks odd but they've been doing it on some of the other new cars as well.

13. 02-09-2012 09:12 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by George@Fourtitude View Post
      The single setup is radar for distance-metering cruise control. I agree, it looks odd but they've been doing it on some of the other new cars as well.
      Aha - I should have done a bit more research. Now that I know what it is I think I actually like that rather than having it centered. The should still be able to integrate it a bit better imo.