Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 01-18-2012 05:02 PM #1
      What is the torque spec for arp head bolts. If i remember correctly it is 80 ft lbs. Please enlighten me if im wrong, this head will probably go on tonight. I lost the paper with the spec on it. K thanks
      Unitronic830cc/Racetronix 846cc flowmatched injectors/HP6262SP-b/ TurboSmart Race Port/PrecisionPW39/TurboSmart MBC/Snow W/M Injection/IE Rods/AEB pistons/ARP Main cap studs/ARP headstuds/3" turboback/ FMIC/Custom fuel surge tank/ Wally 255/AEB head/supertech single keeper valves/ IECVA1 cams/IE valve springs and retainers/034 motor mounts. SPEC Stg 4 6 puck clutch, Vr6 lightweight flywheel. KRM intake manifold/80mm tb

2. 01-18-2012 05:18 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Mindfault View Post
      What is the torque spec for arp head bolts. If i remember correctly it is 80 ft lbs. Please enlighten me if im wrong, this head will probably go on tonight. I lost the paper with the spec on it. K thanks
      It's on their website but here you go...
      Step 7. Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the bolts in 3 equal steps to 80 ft lbs with the ARP ultra-torque fastener assembly lubricant.

Cheers

Cars
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      01-18-2012 05:19 PM #3
      When you have a solid answer reference this thread

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...rque-Spec-List

And post your findings for future people.
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

4. 01-18-2012 10:43 PM #4
      ARP Head bolt spec: 3 equal steps leading to 80 ft lbs (26, 27, 27)

ARP Main STUD spec: 3 equal steps leading to 60 ft/lbs (20,20,20), Torquing from the top nut main cap #3 in a down and outward spiral ending at the botton nut of main cap #5

threw the main stud spec in there for your thread grog since I just torqued mine yesterday, crank spins like butter =)