VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Avant goes in for bodywork and paint nxt week - Color recommendations???

106K views 452 replies 65 participants last post by  euroheadnyc 
#1 · (Edited)
The WIDE B5 Avant build thread

I've sorted through countless internet pages trying to decide and I think i have a good idea of what I want but, lets hear/see some of your favs - pics please if ya have em' Thanks:)

The color has since been chosen... Burple!

Here's the color on a car - sometimes it looks kinda purple, sometimes it looks blue or dark blue.

Feel free to check it out anyhow as its now turned into more of a build thread.

Here's the car the day we started the project:

Modifications:
-Shaved roof mount antenna
-Shaved washer nozzles
-Deleted upper and lower door moldings
-Converted rear license plate to U.S. width
-Molded front and rear two piece bumpers into one piece
-Widened front and rear fenders
-Insulated with sound deadener
-Custom rockers
-Custom fender vents
-15mm H&R spacers
-H&R Coil overs

See less See more
#4 ·
santorin and get rear ended and sell me your hood and bumper....

..srsly tho I saw a like burnt orange that looked sweet. When I say sweet I mean the color not the two tone that he did. get it all 1 color:

pic I found on another thread (from 2006 not linking thread so some tard can resurrect it)

#11 ·
My only recommendation would be to get all the body work you might want done while it's there. You don't want to have it painted and then get to thinking 3 months later, "damn, wish I would have done that..."

:beer:

#17 ·
Well, body work began today and twelve hours later my B5 is wider than an RS4:) With my fenders flared now it looks like she can come down at least another inch in front and 1.5 or more in the rear. I'm very happy with the way its all looking at this point (my body body man is a magician). Eggshell white seems to be the color of choice at this point but..... we will see:) Kinda diggin hot rod flats blue too -

#28 · (Edited)
Well, I was only following his instruction but he had me rough up the face of each piece (upper and lower) approx. 2 inches from the seam with a angled grinder (36 grit disc) - then i roughed up the mating seam of each piece to give the glue something to adhere to - next we snapped the two pieces together and filled the seam with evercoat maximum two part bumper repair and 3M 5601 adhesion promoter - after that dries you can blend the seam with bondo to merge the two pieces smooth. After a few coats and lots of sanding they are nearly ready to be primed - cant wait! :) Hope this helps-

*Correction: Evercoat metal glaze - NOT Bondo:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.