47K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  zhenya00 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
190E + monoblocks = sex
190E + monoblocks = clunky

190E + race wheels = sex

190E + Compomotive or turbo wheels = sex + drugs + Rock n'roll.

#7 · (Edited)
6k is a good price depending on condition. The market price of these cars is highly variable, depending on condition, with the most completely stock cars generally commanding the highest prices. Prices over the last year or so seem to be $2k-15k, with the vast majority of them between $5k and $9k. Most of them have been modified terribly though. ;)

Edit: unless receipts prove otherwise, that first car most likely needs or will need head work and all timing chains and tensioners replaced. The valves must be adjusted religiously every 15k, and most of them haven't been. Expect this all to cost about 3 grand at a reputable shop.

#18 ·
Edit: unless receipts prove otherwise, that first car most likely needs or will need head work and all timing chains and tensioners replaced. The valves must be adjusted religiously every 15k, and most of them haven't been. Expect this all to cost about 3 grand at a reputable shop.
why cosworth whyy

#13 ·
i dont understand that show. dudes dump cash into shed and are making 15% profit on them maybe. I know its all staged, but thats just dumb.

2.3 16v's havent gotten nearly the amount of exposure that e30 m3's have. theyre not worth nearly as much, despite it being a much rarer car.

Valve adjustments are key. besides that the only real problem areas are rust hiding underneath the body cladding and flares, and the rear levelling suspension. Besides that, its all the basic brick ****house built components thats benzes were built on back then.

#15 ·
That's true, but a fair number of grey market cars made it into the US at least, increasing the true numbers by an unknown amount. They are also beginning to pass the 25 year mark, opening them up for legal import.

#20 ·
i'd jump on it. i think these are the sexiest cars ever. even back in 87 when i was 9 i thought that. didn't really care about exotics. these and the amg hammer where my favs. my friend had this exact car and his roommate had a mint e30 m3 with 55k just a few years ago. they both sold them without even calling me to see if i'd be interested. each took about 8k for their cars. yeah, i was PISSED!!!!!

#38 ·
I love the OZ's on these cars and other compact super sedans. However I'll take mine with 6 spoke EVO II wheels like these

Regarding the AMG mono's, the fact that those ones posted above are oversized and the car is slammed do a lot for the look, otherwise they aren't my favorite.

But I do think the monos look good on some small benz's as well, especially when you put 18in monoblocks from the e55 on the w202

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.