VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Vintage photos....Awesome!

4M views 13K replies 603 participants last post by  gprace 
#1 ·
Vintage pics? Anyone? The more I see the more I get into the photos.

Feed me.

I'll kick this snowball rolling....

See less See more
#2,821 ·
Elvis in his 507, 1958:

Elvis loved Cadillacs. He owned dozens, and gave them away as impromptu gifts to strangers frequently:

Elvis, with producer Hal Wallis, standing with his 300SL roadster while serving in the Army in Germany:

#2,822 ·

#2,823 ·

#2,825 ·
By the looks of that wheel, that's a heavy truck and it still disintigrated on impact.

Maybe the front axle was made from some of that newfangled steel they used in the Titanic.

(Yes I see the 1935 license plate but that truck is easily 15 years old in that picture)

#2,828 ·
Tractor made from old Lincoln

Ouray Cty. Colorado

#2,829 ·

Beatrice Kyle, in high diving outfit, between acts at the Society Circus at Fort Myer, Virginia, for the benefit of the Army Relief Fund, April 25, 1924." In what looks like a marketing tie-in for carny food and old fire engines.

#2,833 ·

Priscilla led a Cinderella existence. Her every dream became a reality. When he was home, Elvis tried to make up for the time he'd been away; he gave her little presents. 'It was difficult for Elvis to buy for me, and a lot times he would just tell me to get what I wanted, which I liked. He gave me all of the cars that I have had. We started out with a little red Corvair, then a Chevrolet, a Toronado, an Eldorado, and then the Mercedes, a white one, which I drive now'. When she was not driving her own car, Presley chauffeured her in a Lincoln Continental equipped with a little TV and a bar. 'It only served soft drinks, because Elvis doesn't drink or smoke'. She looks puzzled. 'Well, recently I think he has begun to smoke a pipe'. Priscilla was waited upon. 'We had a day cook and a night cook, who prepared simple American food.'

#2,836 · (Edited)
Is that the Beaver rolling the wheel? Leave It To Beaver was a TV show late 50's/early 60's (on black and white TV sets)
EDIT for not reading the previous page first.
Oops....I see I'm not the only old guy here

#2,837 ·
That's a Simca Aronde. My granddad had one and it was a really sweet driving car. Hummed like a honeybee.

All the backlot scenes are from Leave it to Beaver, the house facades were made for various projects, as early as 1945, and then reassembled in the neighborhood. The entire thing was later disassembled and move to higher ground and reconfigured.

#2,844 ·
Looks like the rumble seat was one of the few things on this car that wasn't touched

#2,847 ·