VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Vintage photos....Awesome!

4M views 13K replies 603 participants last post by  gprace 
#1 ·
Vintage pics? Anyone? The more I see the more I get into the photos.

Feed me.

I'll kick this snowball rolling....

See less See more
#2,955 ·
This "fashion statement" makes no sense to me

At least Cher made up for it.

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.co...get-screwed-up-from-time-to-time-and-so-am-i/ January, 1975– ’70s Superstar Cher getting into her Ferrari Dino 246 –Image by © Douglas Kirkland/Corbis. Cher’s taste in cars ran a bit more exotic than Gregg Allman’s– she most notably tooled-around in a midnight blue Jensen Interceptor, while he was (and remains) a Corvette guy.

#2,910 ·

New 1946 Fords Fresh off the Assembly Line

Taken in 1946 at a Ford plant. This would have been the first full production cars after WWII and the Ford plants converted from war time to peace time.

#2,915 ·
I was raised a city boy, but all of my cousins were on farms in NW Indiana and NE Illinois in the sixties, and to a one, when they grew enough to be able to press the clutch pedal (all other controls were hand on tractors, etc), they were driving the farm machinery. Most of them were driving tractors by the time they were about 10 or so as a result. Combines, etc required a little more maturity, though. On family farms, everyone worked. :)

#2,917 ·

#2,919 ·
I love the images in this thread...and while mine aren't exactly "vintage" in the respect that this one is only ~20 years old, I'll share nevertheless.

(please don't ask why I thought parking across the yard & leaning back against my car was "cool" :banghead::screwy::sly::facepalm: )

What I'd be interested in seeing are "before" and "after" shots on some of the city-scapes. With Google Street View, seeing what those areas look like now vs. then would be quite interesting.

#2,947 · (Edited)
I love the images in this thread...and while mine aren't exactly "vintage" in the respect that this one is only ~20 years old, I'll share nevertheless.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Mikeyworks/VW General/FH000015.jpg

(please don't ask why I thought parking across the yard & leaning back against my car was "cool" :banghead::screwy::sly::facepalm: )

What I'd be interested in seeing are "before" and "after" shots on some of the city-scapes. With Google Street View, seeing what those areas look like now vs. then would be quite interesting.
Don't worry, we have a thread for this, too. :)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...were-cool-Post-old-photos-of-you-and-your-car.

Edit - LOL, I just was just looking through that thread, and this photo was already there.

#2,924 · (Edited)
Back on track

#2,925 ·
Husterhoeh Kasern, Pirmasens Germany in the mid 50's, about 30+ years before I got there

the building to the right of the one in the center was the barracks I stayed in.

in the mid 60's in the snow...

#2,926 ·
And follow-up

#2,932 ·
Wow. I had to look twice at this one. That looks just like my mother at that time, and she wore the same kind of swimsuit. :)