Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      '01 VW GTI 1.8T, '07 Hyundai Santa Fe Se
      11-12-2010 07:54 PM #1
      So I searched and found this thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t=034+breather

Which leads me to believe the smallest hose in the kit comes directly off the new PCV valve and to the intake manifold? Basically eliminating the "suction pump" and the hose to the brake booster "Y" off the intake manifold?

(ie: Little hose replaces/eliminates everything after (below) the top T (pcv valve?) in this pic):

The reason I'm questioning this is because the kit doesn't come with anything to plug the Y port to the brake booster that will now have nothing attached to it. It's not a problem since I have tons of assorted silicone tubing and can just replace the Y w/ a single line. But does have me second guessing myself (maybe some models don't have the suction pump/brake booster Y )

So I need to plug / replace this Y hose?

'01 1.8T GTI AWW, APR chip/exhaust/tip 034 MotorSport

Cars
      '01 VW GTI 1.8T, '07 Hyundai Santa Fe Se
      11-12-2010 09:47 PM #2
      *Shrug* I just replaced the brake booster Y w/ a straight piece since that's what the other thread seems to suggest. Luckily on my test drive some blue hair decided to cut me off so I can say for sure the brakes still work fine

Install of the kit went smooth overall and good quality kit. The breather block adapter was loose at first but I added the old o-ring in addition with the new one and it stayed snug. Don't like doubling up the o-rings but it was real loose before so I figured this is a better option.
      '01 1.8T GTI AWW, APR chip/exhaust/tip 034 MotorSport

3. 11-12-2010 10:47 PM #3
      The PCV pipe arrangement changed from 2002 onwards . On my 02 GTI the small pipe goes from the PCV valve directly to the manifold . The suction jet pump has its own small hose feeding back under the manifold.
      There are a couple of PCV diagrams floating around the forum that show the difference between the 01 AWD engine and the 02 AWP engine - there were slight mods to the PCV systems in those years.