Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      04.5 BL Stg 2+ GLI
      10-23-2010 06:31 PM #1
      Ill try to make this as simple as possible while still providing enough details...

My AVIC was working fine for the last year of ownership. This morning, worked fine, but after making a stop, the button LEDs weren't on and the screen would go blank after booting up for about 10-15 seconds. Tried restarting the car, resetting using the button, removing power, all of which haven't worked. Ive since attempted upgrading to firmware v2.008, but that apparently didn't go so well as now it's just stuck in the boot screen.

Ive updated the WinCE from version 2.006, but that hasn't helped. A friend with the same head unit said he had the same issue and used that to "fix" it, but either the upgrade to 2.008 made things worse or the WinCE isn't the issue.

If anyone has anything I can try, please let me know. Im open to anything at this point. My fear is having to send it in to Pioneer, shell out god knows how much cash to get it fixed, and hope things are fine afterward.

Thanks

Cars
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      10-24-2010 09:27 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
      Ill try to make this as simple as possible while still providing enough details...

My AVIC was working fine for the last year of ownership. This morning, worked fine, but after making a stop, the button LEDs weren't on and the screen would go blank after booting up for about 10-15 seconds. Tried restarting the car, resetting using the button, removing power, all of which haven't worked. Ive since attempted upgrading to firmware v2.008, but that apparently didn't go so well as now it's just stuck in the boot screen.

Ive updated the WinCE from version 2.006, but that hasn't helped. A friend with the same head unit said he had the same issue and used that to "fix" it, but either the upgrade to 2.008 made things worse or the WinCE isn't the issue.

If anyone has anything I can try, please let me know. Im open to anything at this point. My fear is having to send it in to Pioneer, shell out god knows how much cash to get it fixed, and hope things are fine afterward.

Thanks
      Well your original problem about the illumination not working was related to a fault that these units have. They lose personal settings for whatever reason and the numerical code for the colored illumination goes to +255 for red green and blue and they are only supposed to go to +35 or something like that. The second issue you can try to reboot the unit. Get it into test mode and you can manually put the required files over onto the unit. There's detailed instructions at avic411.com

Cars
      04.5 BL Stg 2+ GLI
      10-24-2010 12:57 PM #3
      Any chance you could elaborate on "test mode"? Not sure what you mean. And Ive been over ast Avic411 for the last day and don't really understand what to do.. sorry

Cars
      04.5 BL Stg 2+ GLI
      10-24-2010 02:58 PM #4
      Did more research. Found a download for this "test mode", but I have absolutely no idea how to use to restore my system to 2.0060. Instructions I have found are vague and don't provide any clear details of what to do.

My assumption is that I put the testmode files on the SD card, turn the car/unit on, let it boot into test mode... but from there, I have no idea what to do.