Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2002 gti on air and an '02 A4 1.8T...on coils
      05-23-2010 03:55 PM #1
      I've read mixed things about the location. It's an 02 a4 with an o1j CVT transmission. i've been told under the passenger seat, but that seems to only be on the B5's, and I've been told it's in the tail housing of the trans. itself. i've also been told it's in the engine compartment rain tray next to the ECU. I need to narrow it down so that I can order parts. Thanks in advance

Cars
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      05-24-2010 01:32 PM #2
      its in the trans on the back.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

3. 02-19-2013 02:05 PM #3
      Please help.

I have 2002 Audi A4 1.8T. I see PRND flahses after turning on my car. I have been searching for more information and so far everyone talks about 1998 - 2001 model. Mine is 2002 model. Issue is related to TCM. Where is TCM located on 2002 Audi A4 1.8T? I know on web it mention that it is located on passenger side and is mostly for 1998-2001 year model. Again mine is 2002 Audi A4. Any picture would be very helpful. It has almost 68000 miles on it. I bought it in December.

I've also read that if I disconnect Negative terminal off the battery and leave off for 15 minute and connect back will reset ECU/TCM. Is this safe? Does this clear all data? Do I have to reprogram anything? Will this solve my problem.

I just need to get through the TCM module and if it is bad, I'll order it and replace it but I just don't know where it is located.

Thanks in advance.

I have back window regulator probelm also, but I want to fix this first.

thanks

4. Semi-n00b
      Cars
      02 jetta 1.8T
      03-01-2013 05:47 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by saagerio View Post
      Please help.

I have 2002 Audi A4 1.8T. I see PRND flahses after turning on my car. I have been searching for more information and so far everyone talks about 1998 - 2001 model. Mine is 2002 model. Issue is related to TCM. Where is TCM located on 2002 Audi A4 1.8T? I know on web it mention that it is located on passenger side and is mostly for 1998-2001 year model. Again mine is 2002 Audi A4. Any picture would be very helpful. It has almost 68000 miles on it. I bought it in December.

I've also read that if I disconnect Negative terminal off the battery and leave off for 15 minute and connect back will reset ECU/TCM. Is this safe? Does this clear all data? Do I have to reprogram anything? Will this solve my problem.

I just need to get through the TCM module and if it is bad, I'll order it and replace it but I just don't know where it is located.

Thanks in advance.

I have back window regulator probelm also, but I want to fix this first.

thanks
      i have an 02 jetta with a tiptronic trans and im pretty sure the tcu is located under the rain guard at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. i would call the dealership to confirm or maybe grab a light an try to peep through the holes like i did. looks like the harness runs back there.

Cars
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      03-07-2013 07:35 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by vics00svt View Post
      i have an 02 jetta with a tiptronic trans and im pretty sure the tcu is located under the rain guard at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. i would call the dealership to confirm or maybe grab a light an try to peep through the holes like i did. looks like the harness runs back there.
      Jetta location and Audi A4 TCM location is different.

Your audi the tcm should be in the "plenum chamber box" at the left rear of engine compartment. Engine computer will be there too, IIRC.

I have 2002 Audi A4 1.8T. I see PRND flahses after turning on my car.

You should scan the TCM for trouble codes.

I've also read that if I disconnect Negative terminal off the battery and leave off for 15 minute and connect back will reset ECU/TCM. Is this safe?

Yes.

Does this clear all data?

Depends on what you mean by "all data". Really all it will do is clear codes.

Do I have to reprogram anything?

No.

Will this solve my problem.

No. Scan to see what trouble code you have. Preferably with vagcom.
      Last edited by CoolAirVw; 03-07-2013 at 07:40 AM.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com