73K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  Blue TTop 
#1 · (Edited)
Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale

UPDATE: SOLD SOLD SOLD

Audi TT OE Hardtop for sale including all OE hardware, tool, and cover - $3,500
Hardtop shown on first US owner's TT:

It is Ebony Black Pearl, part # 8N7 817 107 Z9W:

Example picture of what it could look like on Silver:

Hardtop is located in Central NJ (pickup only).
For more information on TT Hardtops go here for pictures and instructions: http://public.fotki.com/BlueTT...i-tt/

Modified by Blue TTop at 12:09 PM 10-25-2009

Modified by Blue TTop at 11:46 PM 11-10-2009

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale (thelaststrum13)

jesus christ my white roadster needs this... i know its a rare part but why is it so expensive? like i could see paying 1000 bucks but 3500? thats like a good running mk3 vr6 gti

Modified by aTTenzione at 9:16 AM 10/28/2009

#6 ·
Re: Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale (aTTenzione)

Quote, originally posted by aTTenzione »
jesus christ my white roadster needs this... i know its a rare part but why is it so expensive? like i could see paying 1000 bucks but 3500? thats like a good running mk3 vr6 gti

Modified by aTTenzione at 9:16 AM 10/28/2009

....that's what a structurally integral, discontinued, never sold in US, imported hard top costs.

#11 ·
Re: Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale (Blue TTop)

Jesus that looks AMAZING as two-tone
Its a good price, this is rare-as-f**k and to be COMPLETE and mint is unbeatable, you won't see another for sale for a long time http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#13 ·
Re: Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale (winTTer)

That is amazing...I'd love to have that...
Hmm...maybe if this completely rebuilt TDI shortblock I have ever sells...
I remember looking the hardtop up with a few p/n's I had. I think through World Impex and it listed...whether it could be had stateside...not sure. This would be great though.
Why are you getting rid of it by chance? I see you still have a mk1 ttr listed in your sig...just not using it?
Joe

#15 ·
Re: Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale (Blue TTop)

Hey Blue TTop
This is BenTT from Toronto I have a hardtop and you had a picture of it on your Fotki and that was great the instruction manual although I couldn't get the PDF as it required a password.
How come you are giving up the hard top.I just put mine back on for the winter season.
Do you have all the fitments including the sealing gasket for the rear and the two front seals and and trim? I might have it sold for you here in Toronto if you have all the pieces,I sourced these same parts from Britain at a ridiculous high price and I don't want to that again.
Let me Know
Ben

#16 ·
Re: Audi TT Roadster Hardtop for sale (BBVolmer)

Hey Ben,
I am giving it up because I bought a Boxster and I have too many cars. Audi made 4 different Fitting Kits for the Hardtop, depending on model year and power vs. manual top. I have a complete set of every part and will include it with the Hardtop. The rear seal (or trim piece) was never part of the Fitting kit, was included on some North American cars, and is still available from any dealer.
The Fitting Kit includes:
The front locking elements (right and left)

All OE hardware:

The heavier locking pins for front locking elements:

Rear mounting supports (right and left) w/ dust caps and OE hardware:

B-Pillar Trim:

T-Handle Key:

Heavier door seals (only needed for cars earlier than 2002):

Also included is the OE Hardtop Cover and the locking-pin covers for storing the hardtop.
This is a rare find IMO. I did some extensive research and believe there are 20 or less Hardtops on the continent. Cheers!

Modified by Blue TTop at 10:23 PM 11-6-2009

#19 ·
Re: (ethorman)

In response to some questions about the size of the Hardtop here is a picture with some measurements (Silver hardtop shown is not the one for sale). I did add a picture in the original post of the actual hardtop from the TT I purchased it from.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.