Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1. 03-31-2008 11:25 PM #36
      I would go with the Levi's, they last very long, look good and are priced well. And you can find them in most department stores.

2. Banned
      04-01-2008 07:38 PM #37
      Quote, originally posted by enim »

My next favorite would be Levi's Slim Straight 514s. They fit me like a glove.

The infamous nut huggers.

Cars
      2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
      04-02-2008 03:20 PM #38
      Levis 560s. The greatest jeans ever invented.

4. 04-02-2008 08:50 PM #39
      yall do understand that 7 for all man kind, diesel, citizens and all those brands denim costs about $4/yard, right? that means you're paying like $80-200 for a name. 7 for all mankind has come out and said "yes, our jeans arent the quality they should be for the money, you're paying in part for something not everyone can afford".

thats ****in lame. for comparison, samurai/pbj/eternal/etc. etc. denim is about $33 a yard, sometimes more, plus the consturction process by hand....

get some levis if you want durability and style, they have every cut that the above have and they're like $39.00 when they're not on sale. if you're no wearing them every day like most of us here do, a couple pairs should last you a good solid year before they wear out.

if you want a great pair of jeans that cost exactly what you're paying for, get some esef's. it's a start up compay, great rugged denim (21 oz if you want to be super hardcore about it), nice dress up/down looks, and it's pima and giza cottons with custom dyes and real solid quality. the fits a standard slim/straight model, size up one for a normal fit.

esefdenim.com i think, otherwise i'd say levis, gap or old navy, everything else sucks and is too expensive for what it is.

Modified by PlaiDub at 5:52 PM 4-2-2008

Cars
      04 GTI
      04-04-2008 01:44 AM #40
      well you get what you pay for. Go with some Rock n Republics, comfortable and last long.

6. 04-06-2008 02:59 AM #41
      went to the levis store today just to check stuff out and all the jeans looked out of style and looked like pants that construction workers would wear.. not fashionable at all.. i personally rock 7 for all mankind and diesels..

Cars
      a Mk2, a Mk4, a B5, and an FZJ80
      04-06-2008 06:25 AM #42
      Quote, originally posted by reeber »
      I would go with the Levi's, they last very long, look good and are priced well. And you can find them in most department stores.

Just got 2 more pairs of 501's...

Gone and missed: '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray

Cars
      2000 Maxima GLE/1987 300TD
      04-06-2008 11:27 AM #43
      Quote, originally posted by xGtI KiDx »
      went to the levis store today just to check stuff out and all the jeans looked out of style and looked like pants that construction workers would wear.. not fashionable at all.. i personally rock 7 for all mankind and diesels..

levi's outlet store? cause yeah, i went to one too and definitely agree with you. it was weird. i thought i could find some raw 501's there, but there was nothing. best bet for levi's probably is in department stores or interwebs

9. 04-06-2008 11:43 AM #44
      Quote, originally posted by gtiracer18t »
      well you get what you pay for. Go with some Rock n Republics, comfortable and last long.

...no

10. 04-06-2008 02:57 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by twerked »

levi's outlet store? cause yeah, i went to one too and definitely agree with you. it was weird. i thought i could find some raw 501's there, but there was nothing. best bet for levi's probably is in department stores or interwebs

yeah it was the levi's outlet store.. i guess i'll go check out macys or whatever to see if they have anything

Cars
      07 s2k (gone) 01 Xterra
      04-07-2008 01:23 PM #46
      Quote, originally posted by PlaiDub »
      yall do understand that 7 for all man kind, diesel, citizens and all those brands denim costs about $4/yard, right? that means you're paying like $80-200 for a name. 7 for all mankind has come out and said "yes, our jeans arent the quality they should be for the money, you're paying in part for something not everyone can afford".

thats ****in lame. for comparison, samurai/pbj/eternal/etc. etc. denim is about $33 a yard, sometimes more, plus the consturction process by hand....

get some levis if you want durability and style, they have every cut that the above have and they're like $39.00 when they're not on sale. if you're no wearing them every day like most of us here do, a couple pairs should last you a good solid year before they wear out.

if you want a great pair of jeans that cost exactly what you're paying for, get some esef's. it's a start up compay, great rugged denim (21 oz if you want to be super hardcore about it), nice dress up/down looks, and it's pima and giza cottons with custom dyes and real solid quality. the fits a standard slim/straight model, size up one for a normal fit.

esefdenim.com i think, otherwise i'd say levis, gap or old navy, everything else sucks and is too expensive for what it is.

Modified by PlaiDub at 5:52 PM 4-2-2008

It's name/style/ and fit.

You might not be paying for durability/premium materials. But I'm willing to pay for the style and fit. I am sorry but run of the mill Levis dont have the same style and fit compared to Diesels/RR/G-Star etc. The only levi's I like are the Vintage fit and those pass $100dll mark.

It's the peoples money you can try and say whatever you want to sway ppls likes. But in the end it's their money they can buy whatever they like.

Modified by castel at 10:29 AM 4-7-2008

Cars
      07 s2k (gone) 01 Xterra
      04-07-2008 01:29 PM #47

...no

...and you are trying to sell us $150+ dlls wallets?

13. 04-07-2008 06:01 PM #48
      Quote, originally posted by castel »

...and you are trying to sell us $150+ dlls wallets?

what i was speaking to is I know for a fact rock and republic jeans are nowhere near the quality they should be for the price.

and as to my wallets: do some research, you'll see they're about half the price of any similar wallet, and they're completely handmade. I keep my prices low to make them available to more people.

all i'm saying is this whole "best jean for the money" thing is about being an educated consumer. If you want to buy rock and republic, true religion, whatever, you're paying for a name, not for construction or even for a good, classic cut. With the japanese brands yes, to a point you're paying for a name, but you're also paying for a fine, handmade piece of clothing with pima, zimbabwe, texas cottons and years of research to get perfect indigo blends and cuts. You'll know that all the workers are able to feed their families on a decent salary, you'll be able to go meet them in their personal shops if you want and talk culture....but when it all comes down to it you'll have a pair of jeans that you could wear for years straight...every day...and they wouldn't fall apart.

or go to macys and get some sweet new r&r's, i hear they just released an awesome new bootcut with green stitching. watev

Modified by PlaiDub at 3:03 PM 4-7-2008

Cars
      8 Rings / TDI
      04-07-2008 06:08 PM #49
      I only wear GAP jeans- they hold up well and look good IMO.
      PM Travy℠ |flickr | mikegilbertphotography.com | Everything you need to know | » | DrinkTanks | Scratch-It™ | Buy Me!
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Keep things in Ohio under control while i'm gone. My house is full of guns if you need anything.

Cars
      07 s2k (gone) 01 Xterra
      04-07-2008 06:16 PM #50

what i was speaking to is I know for a fact rock and republic jeans are nowhere near the quality they should be for the price.

and as to my wallets: do some research, you'll see they're about half the price of any similar wallet, and they're completely handmade. I keep my prices low to make them available to more people.

all i'm saying is this whole "best jean for the money" thing is about being an educated consumer. If you want to buy rock and republic, true religion, whatever, you're paying for a name, not for construction or even for a good, classic cut. With the japanese brands yes, to a point you're paying for a name, but you're also paying for a fine, handmade piece of clothing with pima, zimbabwe, texas cottons and years of research to get perfect indigo blends and cuts. You'll know that all the workers are able to feed their families on a decent salary, you'll be able to go meet them in their personal shops if you want and talk culture....but when it all comes down to it you'll have a pair of jeans that you could wear for years straight...every day...and they wouldn't fall apart.

or go to macys and get some sweet new r&r's, i hear they just released an awesome new bootcut with green stitching. watev

I get your point totally. But let me reiterate; I know I might not be paying for the best materials/quality jeans. But I am willing to pay for Name/Fit/Style.

I am aware completely. I'm not acting out "Man vs wild" scenes and could care less if they last forever, because I dont.

FWIW, My 2+ Yr old Diesels are holding up the same form and color since I bought them.

Cars
      07 s2k (gone) 01 Xterra
      04-07-2008 06:18 PM #51

but you're also paying for a fine, handmade piece of clothing with pima, zimbabwe, texas cottons and years of research to get perfect indigo blends and cuts. You'll know that all the workers are able to feed their families on a decent salary

This could go forever. For ex. Do you know where exactly your fruit comes from?

Just a thought.

17. 04-07-2008 06:24 PM #52
      Quote, originally posted by castel »

This could go forever. For ex. Do you know where exactly your fruit comes from?

Just a thought.

haha, i buy from a farmers market: it comes from northern mass. I'm super anal about everything I purchase usually, so if i can buy local/hep others out i do, it's just something I do.

question though, have you worn your diesel's every day straight for 2 years, or are they 1 of a few you have?

18. 04-07-2008 07:10 PM #53

question though, have you worn your diesel's every day straight for 2 years, or are they 1 of a few you have?

i thought this was the fashion and apparel forum.. shouldn't you have more than 1 pair of jeans?? i actually own about 5-6 pairs of 7 jeans and a few diesels and i probably won't be buying any more until there's a sale or something.. they will last me FOREVER!! haha

Cars
      07 s2k (gone) 01 Xterra
      04-08-2008 01:03 PM #54

haha, i buy from a farmers market: it comes from northern mass. I'm super anal about everything I purchase usually, so if i can buy local/hep others out i do, it's just something I do.

They are actually my only pair. But I tend to alternate with my other pairs of jeans.

Cars
      evo, 190e
      04-08-2008 09:02 PM #55
      my APC new standards have held up like champs.

21. 04-09-2008 02:40 PM #56
      Quote, originally posted by SgtSmack »

The infamous nut huggers.

Cars
      VW, Ford, Porsche
      04-09-2008 03:00 PM #57

Cars
      MTA Metro Card, Zipcar
      04-16-2008 10:54 PM #58
      I would go for Abercrombie Jeans. They are durable and are at a decent price.

24. 04-16-2008 11:06 PM #59
      Quote, originally posted by robr2 »
      You want rugged??

Levi's, Lee, Wrangler, Carhart, Lands' End, LL Bean - you know, real jeans for real men who do real living in their clothes.

everyother jean like AE, A&F, etc are not that strong. They're lightweight denim. Some hold up better than others but for the most part they will all mess up on you quick. I've had $90 jeans get messed up when I was riding my bike, and some dickies that I own have gone through the same treatment and they still hold up great.

Cars
      2000 Maxima GLE/1987 300TD
      04-16-2008 11:11 PM #60
      ^ they all are already torn to shiz...and decent price? no way

26. 04-17-2008 07:08 PM #61
      Coogi t-shirt: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=200
      Coogi shorts: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=276
      Coogi jeans: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=206

Welcome to http://www.fashioncorners.com there are many model of our products, our company selling brand name shoes,hoodies,jeans,caps,belts, underwear,(R3,R4,TN,Air Jordan shoes ,Air Jordan woman shoes, Air Jordan children shoes ,nike max,nike shox ,gucci,bape,dunk,prada,dsquared,D&G,rift,converseshoes,evisu,coogi,bape,bbc,lrg,ggg, e-handy,artful lacoste t-shirt,hoodies,sweater evisu,bape,red monkey jeans, New era ,lv ,e-handy caps, underwear, belts, handbags )UGG boot, AF1/air jordans 5 mix style shoes, AF1/air jordans 12 mix style shoes,coach handbag,coach purse.,newera caps, fendi sunglasses .
      msn: fashioncorners@hotmail.com
      email: fashioncorners@yahoo.cn

I can offer low price and good quality for you.,if you are interested in them,please remember to contact me.

Evisu qenes: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=166
      Redmonkey jeans: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...id=31
      Polo t-shirt : http://www.fashioncorners.com/...id=15
      Lacoste t-shirt: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...id=14

Coach handbagF http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=188
      Air Jordan Force Fusion 5shoes: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=259
      Air Jordan Force 12 Fusion shoes: http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=258
      Air Jordan 23 shoes(Air Jordan XX3): http://www.fashioncorners.com/...d=147

27. 04-20-2008 10:02 PM #62
      okay, so i finally went shopping this weekend...

i need a 34/36 to fit comfortably into ANY levi's cut and dillards doesnt cary 36 length.... otherwise i felt like i had moose knuckle.

bought a 34/34 pair of A&E's for $35.

and....

bought 1 pair of 7 for all mankind... size 36
      they fit perfect and are very very very very very very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      Makes me proud to be an American in some perverse way. **** your terrorist, I've a honey boo boo outside.

Cars
      a Mk2, a Mk4, a B5, and an FZJ80
      05-04-2008 02:43 PM #63
      Blatant repeat: 501's
      Gone and missed: '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray

29. 05-04-2008 04:41 PM #64
      Quote, originally posted by flygliii »
      Blatant repeat: 501's

Cars
      '89 AC-130W
      05-04-2008 08:39 PM #65

Its kinda ironic that the 2 jeans you mention (TR and R&R) are both hand made in Cali. Personally, i own 2 pairs of R&R's and love the **** out of them. They are the most comfortable jeans i have owned, hands down...and ive never paid retail for them. I pick them up at Saks when they go on sale...i never paid more than $120 for a pair at that, and ill wear them for 5 or 6 months straight.

Cars
      MTA Metro Card, Zipcar
      05-04-2008 09:50 PM #66
      For <$100, go for Abercrombie, they last for a long time. The main thing is to not get a silly wash, or "broken in fit", etc. These are just going to wear out faster.
      Personally, I only rock Diesel and have been for years. I know they are like $200, but they are rock solid.

32. 05-05-2008 01:53 AM #67
      Quote, originally posted by TRLSTYLE »

Its kinda ironic that the 2 jeans you mention (TR and R&R) are both hand made in Cali. Personally, i own 2 pairs of R&R's and love the **** out of them. They are the most comfortable jeans i have owned, hands down...and ive never paid retail for them. I pick them up at Saks when they go on sale...i never paid more than $120 for a pair at that, and ill wear them for 5 or 6 months straight.

missing my point- you're paying for style, not qualty, and OP wanted quality. Doesn't matter to me if you like tigers on your back pockets, just was trying to get him a decent quality/price ratio

Cars
      2012 Suzuki GSXR-1000, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
      05-05-2008 11:00 AM #68
      Believe it or not some of the most durable jeans were a company named Bullhead. I think they are exclusive to PacSun. A few years ago they had maybe one or two styles. Now you should be able to get more styles (less baggy). I have a set of Billabong jeans that are about four years old too.

My favorite fits are AE but these things are like paper towels wrapped around your legs.

I just want jeans that don't tear from the rear pockets.

34. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Cars
      Is300
      05-05-2008 12:57 PM #69
      if your out of highschool you shouldnt be wearing american eagle IMO.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

35. 05-05-2008 02:45 PM #70
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »
      if your out of highschool you shouldnt be wearing american eagle IMO.

Weren't you wearing American Eagle a few months ago before you robocopped Nudies?

NEW YORK KNICKS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast