Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 02-27-2008 05:44 PM #1
      I changed the thermostat, Water pump checked out. Im not getting heat in the vehicle. Both top and bottom hose are hot after running. I have spent 3 days and hours looking for the problem. This car is driving me crazy. Anyone with any helpfull info please share.

2. Member
      Cars
      '74 Bug (yard), '96 Jetta 255K (yard), '02 Cabrio 104K (sold), '06 Rabbit 127K BGP, '08 Jetta 55K
      02-27-2008 06:14 PM #2
      How old/clogged is your radiator?

3. 02-28-2008 03:32 AM #3
      What do you mean that you are not getting heat in the vehicle?
      Like if your heater does not work?
      Also keep in mind that some of the oem water pumps have plastic empeller and usually start to slip before they go completly out.
      You should pressure test your cooling system.
      Good luck!!

4. 02-28-2008 06:27 AM #4
      Hey Nich, I've got the same problem but I'm getting heat coming out the vents. You might have air trapped in your hoses. When you drive it for a while is the top hose really tight to squeeze? Is the waterpump making any funny sounds?

5. 03-02-2008 12:32 PM #5
      i got exactly the same problen with my golf i've spend days trying to fix this problem but nothing

6. 03-02-2008 01:15 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by enokys »
      Also keep in mind that some of the oem water pumps have plastic empeller and usually start to slip before they go completly out.!!

On this model it's an accessory. The Mk IV's have the plastic impeller on the timing belt. The MkIII's are an accessory, like an altinator or PS pump.

Nicholas, check out my post with perez05's similar problem. Hope it helps.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3713024