VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em !

338K views 532 replies 88 participants last post by  tyfnfvw 
#1 ·
The fourm is slow. There has to be some owners out there who are not posting. Lets try and Liven it up

See less See more
#57 ·
Re: (VdubFeind)

Quote, originally posted by VdubFeind »
Keep it up ! I miss my car.. nice to see the others out there

Honestly I seen your car when the new owner had it.. I had to replace the right rear window lifter.. and wow yeah its a 5000 but was no really impressed.. don't take it personally. But when I seen the pics with the great rims and all.. I was expecting better.. and when I seen it. I was like meh.
But yeah you should get another 5000's but this time look for something a bit better...
My 5000 needs work as well.. I just don't have the time. I got soo many things running at once in my life that I don't know when I will even have time for it
but I will soon I hope

I told my self many times. I need to put a bit of work in it.. or move on but I just can't seem to move on.. but don't find time to put work into it

#58 ·
Honestly.. for the amount of Km's it had.. it was nice. But i mean .. 5000's are an aquired taste as far as looks go. I dig em. But the ride quality and overall comfort of the cars are whats it's all about.
I was big on the Speed that it had. Running away from S4's, Caymens, Mustangs and Corvettes was always a laugh. And as a whole combo.. one of my favorite cars.

#59 ·
Re: (VdubFeind)

Quote, originally posted by VdubFeind »
Honestly.. for the amount of Km's it had.. it was nice. But i mean .. 5000's are an aquired taste as far as looks go. I dig em. But the ride quality and overall comfort of the cars are whats it's all about.
I was big on the Speed that it had. Running away from S4's, Caymens, Mustangs and Corvettes was always a laugh. And as a whole combo.. one of my favorite cars.

yeah I heard urs was really fast from the new owner. Also I love my 5000 as well
But how much K's did urs have?

#466 ·
#65 ·
Re: Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em ! (VdubFeind)

Just joined the forum this evening. My 89 200TQA has been dormant for 5 years due to leaky PS, etc. Fogot to do non-Op with DMV so by the time I ressurected her, nearly $800 in fees plus new hoses everywhere and rebuilt rack. It's like I bought her all over again. Nevertheless, her she is ready to party.

Modified by Bentbutstr8 at 8:58 PM 4/18/2009

#66 ·
Re: (koemm over)

Quote, originally posted by koemm over »
here are a few pics of my friends 78 5000

wow man thats all what I can say. That car is wow. Looking good man. I almost bought one 2 years ago with something like 78K on it. But the deal slipped through cuz I could not get my hands on a trailer to bring it home.

#68 ·
Re: (loxxrider)

You know with my old audi (87 audi 5000s Q) some days I am like Fudge I will sell it cuz I don't drive it any more and don't have time to fix the few things it needs. Other days I am like I am NEVER selling it. I saved up sooo much sick parts for it. Rims, s4 steering wheel, deck, etc etc etc. And it was my first car I got years ago. And it was really hard for me to find. Cuz I wanted an "S quattro" not "CS or CD quattro". And I know for the next few months I will not be able to touch it cuz I am starting to work 7 days a week :S Maybe late nights? Maybe.

#75 ·
i agree with chris.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.