VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em !

338K views 532 replies 88 participants last post by  tyfnfvw 
#1 ·
The fourm is slow. There has to be some owners out there who are not posting. Lets try and Liven it up

See less See more
#30 ·
Re: Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em ! (xSWINDLERx)

Is this satisfactory
...sorry for the big pics.

Money shot

Modified by itsav8 at 8:11 AM 6-8-2008

#32 ·

My whole point is you can get the car low the rite way! Cutting springs are a bad idea. Since you cut the springs I would imagine your still running the OE shocks? I would expect you to totaly wear the shocks out in a NY minute. Allong with other suspension components.
Your going to destroy that car. But if thats your intensions..........
As to low..well here's a pic of my V8 before I adjusted it. The car could have went @ least another 3/4 or 1' more. But it's done the rite way.

#34 ·

No need to be so defensive. I/we audi elitist pricks are just looking out for you.

What you did was way screw up the suspension geomitry, meaning the car does not handle the way it's supposed to. & could even cause you to be in an accident even under normal road conditions & driving.
But since you'r a younster & no body can tell you any different...even some of us seasoned audi elitist pricks who have put there time in & know whats what...then I say good luck with the car & be safe!!!!

#37 ·

Quote, originally posted by xSWINDLERx »
good for you!
everyone has there own style, and i find it funny that all of you audi elitist pricks dog on anyone that dose something different or out of the norm.

These cars are so rare, and respond so well to a conservative wheel/tire and suspension treatment, that I don't like to see one dropped and rolling on flashy wheels. Most of the enthusiast community built around old Audis focuses on maintenance, power upgrades, and track-worthy suspension and brake work- so don't be surprised if they look askance at your car.
That said, you'll find motorgeek and audiworld to be great resources if you ever need mechanical help; something along the lines that I previously mentioned. Maybe there will even be somebody open to the idea of helping you fix your car and its broken springs.

#38 ·
Re: Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em ! (MileZ)

Quote, originally posted by MileZ »

These cars are so rare, and respond so well to a conservative wheel/tire and suspension treatment, that I don't like to see one dropped and rolling on flashy wheels. Most of the enthusiast community built around old Audis focuses on maintenance, power upgrades, and track-worthy suspension and brake work- so don't be surprised if they look askance at your car.
That said, you'll find motorgeek and audiworld to be great resources if you ever need mechanical help; something along the lines that I previously mentioned. Maybe there will even be somebody open to the idea of helping you fix your car and its broken springs.

im on motorgeek and they have all already told me how effed my k rates are and all that dumb junk.
my car works great, and nothing as far as suspension for these cars go low enough for me, other than air of course, but i dont have the moneys for that.
sorry its different from the norm guys, but i dont see these cars as performance vehicles at all, they are boats, and it needed to be dropped on its nutz, and guess what ... it isnt changing, other than getting lower, thats the only work the suspension is going to get.
hate hate hate hate hate
i like what i have.

#39 ·
Re: Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em ! (VdubFeind)

Here's mine. 1981 5000 Turbo. FWD. Auto 3spd. Doesn't get driven much. Just "saving" it.

I also have an '87 Audi 5000 Turbo Quattro CD Avant 5spd that isn't so pretty

Modified by BrockGTi at 5:17 PM 6-29-2008

#45 ·
Re: Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em ! (itsav8)

Quote, originally posted by itsav8 »
My whole point is you can get the car low the rite way! Cutting springs are a bad idea. Since you cut the springs I would imagine your still running the OE shocks? I would expect you to totaly wear the shocks out in a NY minute. Allong with other suspension components.
Your going to destroy that car. But if thats your intensions..........
As to low..well here's a pic of my V8 before I adjusted it. The car could have went @ least another 3/4 or 1' more. But it's done the rite way.

if you ever sell that... PM me.

#46 ·
Re: Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em ! (2.0t mk2)

woot for the GA crowd!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.