VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em !

338K views 532 replies 88 participants last post by  tyfnfvw 
#1 ·
The fourm is slow. There has to be some owners out there who are not posting. Lets try and Liven it up

See less See more
#386 ·
Holy crap, I've had that idea for a LONG TIME!!! but with a Mercury V6.

Ktown...I dunno, make an offer? I just want to recoupe a little bit by selling a few things off. Nothing major. I have the intercooler available too. We could make a good package deal I spose.
Just make sure you find a good box for the intercooler and then tape the pipe and the cross bar together and wrap it in bubble wrap and send it as it. NOTHING WILL HURT IT. Fed ex does a thing where if you ship stuff without a box, there is a discount.

#387 ·
Hey guys Im new to the audi scene. had a MKIV Jetta B4 but I have always loved the 5k's I am about to get a 87 with the 5cyl Turbo and a 5speed. I was just wondering if anybody has any good ideas for suspension work I wanna go low and tuck a bit but not too much. Any advice would be great! awesome thread by the way. love olschool audis

#391 ·
Mine is poopy for now, but im getting more suspension parts and various other cool odds and ends.

#392 ·
I can't believe I've missed this thread...

Here's my 91 200:

It's on H&R Sport springs and Billstien Sport struts, BBS RK 17" X 8" ET35 wrapped in General Exclaim UHP. It now has an EFI Express 3" downpipe and full mandrel bent stainless 3" exhaust a diverter valver, cone filter and manual boost controler at .2 bar over stock. This winter it's getting some nice treats :)

Couple exhaust clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSy-j2Wkq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGQ_XLLkEsI

Nick

#395 ·
after some fun snow driving. i had forgotten how great these cars are in the snow...

sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, too cold to set up a proper photoshoot
They are ridiculous in the snow! I actually broke mine last night though :thumbdown:. Time to put in a new trans.

#397 ·
Just added 15mm spacers to the front.

just to see what it would look like, what do you think?

#399 ·
hows this?

Its raised up like that because part of the engine is missing from the car so less weight in the front for the time being Although, i JUST got my Newer UNCRACKED Exaust manifold Yesterday!!!

#401 ·
I am!!! im working on it

#405 · (Edited)
Yeah, that was my guess too! Think it looks nice with all red and not the orange/white/red version :)
Whats special with the headlights btw? The white "turn signal*" lights?
Cant wait to get some lowering springs, Spax shox and 18" rims on there!
Thank yo soo much for the tips on rideheight, and the thread on installing "real" brakes on!
Can't belive its soo easy :D

*jee, im norwegian and bad in English!

#406 ·
In europe those lights are just regular lights, but in the Us those lights are coveted because they are super bright! The US version of those headlights are Dim and poorly powered. I have to Drive with my High Beams on at night just to be able to see normally.

#409 ·
Euro lights are more expensive and are more powerful. The elcetrical system is much better.

if you dont like your headlights though, ill give you 100 bucks for them. :thumbup:

#416 ·
I am going to use the E30 headlights from www.stealthauto.com and mold them into my 200 headlights.

#417 ·
nah, haven't really thought about that. I'm sure they'll be plenty bright with good HID's and projectors. If/when I do make a set, I'll be open to questions on how to do it as always. I do recall a convo on motorgeek about smoothing the insides of the lenses on these headlights however. I may do that when I can get my hands on a set. That would make them plenty clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.